Google redirect

susurrus

Literotica Guru
I just experienced this today, but it's still happening, so I thought I'd say something.

While on my phone, I enter "literotica" into my search. This brings up the expected listing of web sites. However, when I choose the top choice (like I have forever), instead of taking me to the Lit home screen, it takes me to Ticketmaster. I can still get into Lit by using one of the other choices on that initial list of search results (obviously) then backtracking, but it's kind of a drag to have to do that, especially if it's going to become a regular thing.

I haven't tried my PC yet, but I have different issues there.

Thank you for the report.

I've tested Google searches few times and I don't see any issues, but it's possible some spammer site is trying to trick people into thinking it's Literotica.

Would it be possible for you to copy the Google link (before clicking on it) and pasting into this website to see where it goes:
https://wheregoes.com/
And then paste the results here or send them to me in a private conversation? That website will trace the path of the redirects.

I just experienced this today, but it's still happening, so I thought I'd say something.

While on my phone, I enter "literotica" into my search. This brings up the expected listing of web sites. However, when I choose the top choice (like I have forever), instead of taking me to the Lit home screen, it takes me to Ticketmaster. I can still get into Lit by using one of the other choices on that initial list of search results (obviously) then backtracking, but it's kind of a drag to have to do that, especially if it's going to become a regular thing.

I haven't tried my PC yet, but I have different issues there.
Just type in the web address, what you typed and add .com, it takes you straight there, no need for web listings.

M.
👩‍🦳

Thank you, Michelle. If I was on the PC, that's probably the method I'd try.

As it is, I'm on the phone and as far as I'm aware, I have to go through search. It's that initial search result that's giving the redirect (still happening today). And it's the top result that's yielding the redirect. I'm not sure how I'd copy/paste that search result. It doesn't look any different from any of the other hundreds of times I've gone through exactly the same process, but it's certainly reacting differently.

Thank you, Michelle. If I was on the PC, that's probably the method I'd try.

As it is, I'm on the phone and as far as I'm aware, I have to go through search. It's that initial search result that's giving the redirect (still happening today). And it's the top result that's yielding the redirect. I'm not sure how I'd copy/paste that search result. It doesn't look any different from any of the other hundreds of times I've gone through exactly the same process, but it's certainly reacting differently.
I exclusively use my phone for Lit and just type “forum.literotica.com” or “Literotica.com” into Chrome or Safari. No need for a Google search.

I just bookmarked the login page in my phone and it saves it across google on all my devices under my bookmarks

Not to freak you out..but I know sometimes that spyware can cause things to redirect to other places. I had a random call to my phone saying I won a cruise one day and I looked up the number that showed and it was to a Gas company here in Canada called Enbridge. I even called the company and let them know. So these scammers spoofed the number to try and get me to think it was local...and spy ware can sometimes do that to you when you try and type something in as a search. Or you might mispelled something maybe? And it took you to a redirect site of some kind. Again...not trying to scare you. I work in a book store now but I did used to be a tech nerd for a living in a computer store so..I had to sometimes help people with their phones and computers as well. It just reminded of something like that. I am most likely just way over thinking this. Have a good day.

Back