Story stuck in pending for more than 13 days

A couple of months ago, I could publish fine, but that seemed to have changed now.
I had the same problem with my last published story. I made a thread there someone advised me to message Laurel. My story then got published after a day. Now though, I messaged her three days ago, and it still is stuck in pending. What's going on?

I've been having real issues getting two stories of mine published at are still sitting in the Pending section for 11 and 12 days respectively. Have had a number of readers comment on how long it is taking as they're waiting on the next part of both stories. I did re-upload both yesterday with the a-suffix against the title as I'd assumed the original versions were stuck. Overnight both of the new uploads were deleted from my queue.

Not sure how this system works (or is meant to work!) - would be nice to get some sort of feedback though.

I've been having real issues getting two stories of mine published at are still sitting in the Pending section for 11 and 12 days respectively. Have had a number of readers comment on how long it is taking as they're waiting on the next part of both stories. I did re-upload both yesterday with the a-suffix against the title as I'd assumed the original versions were stuck. Overnight both of the new uploads were deleted from my queue.

Not sure how this system works (or is meant to work!) - would be nice to get some sort of feedback though.
Every time you change a draft story, you send it to the back of the queue. Don't do that.

If you're a new writer you have to be patient, because your story will go through a tighter screening for content compliance, 7 - 10 days can be typical.

In this instance, it sounds like your reset might have been spotted, if the new uploads disappeared (assuming you submitted them correctly). Have the original submissions now been published?

No, the original submissions are still sitting in the queue. I've had four previous stories submitted and they took at most 4-5 days to clear.

I'm having the exact same issue. Previously was having no trouble getting things through. Now, absolutely nothing will go regardless of whether I type it in myself, paste it from word, or attach it as a WORD.doc

The piece sits in pending for days, so I return to the story, punch all the buttons to repost, and a sign comes up that says your story cannot be posted. "If you think this is a mistake, send it to administration with a URL." I don't even know where the URL is located. I've sent a couple messages to administration under the HELP form, but I never hear anything.

Who is Laurel and how do you reach her?

Laurel is the administrator/moderator of the site. You can contact her by sending her a message (look for a small envelope at the top of this screen next to your name). I've sent her a couple of messages but haven't received a reply. It appears that this is pretty much the case due to her workload.

I wouldn't make any changes once it is submitted to the queue as this will move it back to the end and it has to restart the process.

I've had a couple of my stories go through in the past two days so it looks like there is some progress but it's not the ones I submitted first so they might have gone to a different moderator.

Good luck!

Laurel is the administrator/moderator of the site. You can contact her by sending her a message (look for a small envelope at the top of this screen next to your name). I've sent her a couple of messages but haven't received a reply. It appears that this is pretty much the case due to her workload.

I wouldn't make any changes once it is submitted to the queue as this will move it back to the end and it has to restart the process.

I've had a couple of my stories go through in the past two days so it looks like there is some progress but it's not the ones I submitted first so they might have gone to a different moderator.

Good luck!
The issue with PMing Laurela is that this is a band-aid solution at best. A lot of authors are having pending issues, false AI claims, and other issues. Laurela is busy a lot of the time. I think it might be time for a more trusted moderator team to help deal with these issues.
I don't know if that is the best solution, but I do love this website for people to tell stories, but we gotta do something.

So far as we are aware, Laurel is the sole site editor.

The piece sits in pending for days, so I return to the story, punch all the buttons to repost, and a sign comes up that says your story cannot be posted.
Every time you do that, you bump to the end of the queue.

It's also possible you've also to repost at the same time the story is being processed for publication, which could be cocking things up. My suggestion is to wait at least three days from the last time you tried to submit.

If the status has not changed from Pending in that time, open the story BUT DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING, DON'T RESUBMIT. You should find an https web address at the top of the page. Copy that, and send it in a PM to Laurel, and ask for a status. I doubt you'll get a reply, but your story will either change status to New, or you'll get a rejection notice. No guarantee that will work, but it's better than constantly resubmitting, because that just adds delay.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to give me that info.
The posts finally went through. I took my advice from my mom about scabs and stopped picking at them.
I was bothered by the fact there was a sign that said my story Could Not Be Posted. Not sure why they even have that.
Anyway, thanks

Back