Gift Certificate

Sammael Bard

Suit Up
I want to sell an Amazon gift certificate (electronic) but can't seem to find any willing people. I searched the net and found e-bay listed as an option, but the stench of scams is holding me back. Some frauds will complain that the certificate was tampered with and Paypal will screw me right back and stand with the fraud buyer.

Any ideas as to how I can sell this certificate without it being a royal pain in the ass?

Just FYI, the certificates are for the countries where I don't live.

I want to sell an Amazon gift certificate (electronic) but can't seem to find any willing people. I searched the net and found e-bay listed as an option, but the stench of scams is holding me back. Some frauds will complain that the certificate was tampered with and Paypal will screw me right back and stand with the fraud buyer.

Any ideas as to how I can sell this certificate without it being a royal pain in the ass?

Oh?

There are several websites which sell gift cards. Have you checked with any of those?

Maybe if you sell it on ebay but use certified mail or with a tracking number. (Send the information through the mail so there is something to use as proof you sent the information for the electronic gift card).

Oh?

There are several websites which sell gift cards. Have you checked with any of those?

I checked them out, but none of them offer a specific deal on Amazon gift certificate. They're ready to sell one, but not buy it.

E-bay seems to be the one option left. :(

Maybe if you sell it on ebay but use certified mail or with a tracking number. (Send the information through the mail so there is something to use as proof you sent the information for the electronic gift card).

I've read the gift certificate scams in detail, and it happens to be the most common scams. Many sellers have been scammed out of their paypal payments by the same buyers who claimed that the "gift certificates were not working". Screenshots, mail correspondences etc. never work as paypal always stands with the fraudulent buyers.

The problem here is, the gift certificate is electronic, not a physical card with the magnetic stripes.

Would Amazon exchange it for one for the right country?

Nope, gift certificates cannot be exchanged either, nor can you buy other gift certificates with a previous one. It's like a dead-end.

I was hoping to sell this to someone directly without this mess.

Not much success in that department either. :rolleyes:

Nope, gift certificates cannot be exchanged either, nor can you buy other gift certificates with a previous one. It's like a dead-end.

I was hoping to sell this to someone directly without this mess.

Not much success in that department either. :rolleyes:

Nonsense, I do it all the time. Gift cards are legal tender for whatever Amazon sells.

Gift Certificates. I was talking about Gift Certificates, not Gift Cards.

The gift certificate is an electronic voucher that you can send/receive via e-mail. You can redeem the code on Amazon through your online account and use it to buy everything except gift certificates/gift cards.

Amazon has a rule against that.

Did you try someone on the forum who's willing to buy it?

Offer a discount they cannot refuse. :)

Given the number of people I've sent this request to, I'm quite sure I've worn out my keyboard. It's a 100 USD/65.16 British Pound gift certificate. I'll gladly offer a discount.

Provided I find someone in the first place.

Which I can't.

Which is frustrating.

Either they don't have a Paypal account, or they don't use Amazon.

Try this website:

http://www.giftcardgranny.com/

It provides a list of all the other websites where you can see your card/certificate. I looked for amazon.

E-bay, unfortunately, looks to be the best bang for buck. The next is Raise, which looks hassle-free.

Hope that helps. :)

Back