Fun On The Table ... Period!

HotBrand

Literotica Guru
Haaaa. Made you look. This isn't about table sex OR period sex. You FOOL!

One of the MANY challenges I need to complete is learning the period table off by heart. Technically, that includes ionisation energy and density, but let's leave that alone for now.

Now, the following is a little game I made up a while ago, forgot about, then remembered.

It might be fun.

It might be really fun.

You might even play with me.

ATTACHED HERETHEREINHENCEWITH IS A PERIODIC TABLE WITH ELEMENT SYMBOLS ONLY. IT'S ALSO BELOW FOR THOSE WHO KNOW TO FEAR MY ATTACHMENTS.

ZewqcIN.png

The name of the game is to be able to name an element that is horizontal, vertical, or diagonal to the element named previously.

For example: if you said oxygen (O), I could follow up with carbon (C), and then you could say Lead (Pb).

A blank periodic table will be posted following this post. Each time a successful answer has been named, I'll graphically sticky the element on, and edit the direction so you can see what options you have.

It sounds complicated. It's not.

It sounds hard. It is.

HOUSE RULES
  • You cannot choose the same direction as the previous person. If they go vertical, you can't go vertical. Since I'll be writing direction down, you don't even need to pay attention. Gee, I'm nice!
  • You do not have to spell the element completely correct. It does have to be obvious though. Saying "glod" is fine. Saying "goggled" is not.
  • The layout of this table is important. Don't throw a different table at me to excuse your woeful direction. I shan't forgive you. I shan't.
  • Historic names for elements ARE acceptable. HotBrand loves him some wolfram, you know?
  • You cannot post an answer if you were the previous poster. Come on, man. You're better than that.
  • Don't look up an element. If you name something like ... I don't know (because I'd need to look it up, wouldn't I?) ... something crazy, I'm going to drill you. Then I'm going to ask how you knew that element!
  • Finally, I'll give a prize to the person who plays the most correct elements. It'll probably (but not exclusively) be something wonderful.

Um ... Y is ... Ytrium?

Edit: It's yttrium, apparently. Who knew?

Back