Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ... it would take me a long time to tell you, so I must just kiss n' run! :kiss: I am off to London today, but next week Piglet is away and the MILF will play! :devil: LOL.

Rainy Day in Georgia.

Well you have a wonderful week then. :):kiss:

I've seen fire and rain.

Sundance Film Festival

Carne vale.

Mmm, carne ...

carnevale-di-venezia-maschere02.jpg

'Lo Sugar! I enjoyed your twist on the dull dialogue! :) I do like stationery ;). And now I'm thinking about those cardboard theatres too. Pollocks? Were they called Pollocks?

Carne vale.

Mmm, carne ...

carnevale-di-venezia-maschere02.jpg

'Lo Sugar! I enjoyed your twist on the dull dialogue! :) I do like stationery ;). And now I'm thinking about those cardboard theatres too. Pollocks? Were they called Pollocks?

Hi, Honey :)

I am familiar with Pollocks of the Jackson variety. And the fishy pollock is not to be underestimated. But the cardboard theatres? I didn't realise that they had a name - other than 'cardboard theatres' that is.

But back to the association ...

Leaving Venice

Misty morning.
The lagoon, grey and glassy,
Disappearing and reappearing.
And, leaving Lucca’s boatyard,
the shapes astern dissolving
into still-wet watercolours.

Hi, Honey :)

I am familiar with Pollocks of the Jackson variety. And the fishy pollock is not to be underestimated. But the cardboard theatres? I didn't realise that they had a name - other than 'cardboard theatres' that is.

But back to the association ...

Leaving Venice

Misty morning.
The lagoon, grey and glassy,
Disappearing and reappearing.
And, leaving Lucca’s boatyard,
the shapes astern dissolving
into still-wet watercolours.

Hey, I am unable to resist coming back for a quick:

Earth has not anything to show more fair:
Dull would he be of soul who could pass by.
A sight so touching in its majesty ...

I would so love to go to Venice! Have you been to Venice?

I think they do have a name, the cardboard theatres that you put up and then colour in characters and stick them on sticks. Yes yes! a quick google and here they are: http://www.pollocks-coventgarden.co.uk/index.php/toy-theatres.html.
:)

Mmmmm> carne

carnival:
mardis gras

something's gone wrong with my keyboard.

Never mind, dahlink. It's better than the autocorrect on smart phones. Mine keeps spelling my name Smut! And I don't mean 'Smith'. Hmmm, that damn phone is a bit too intelligent.
:rose:

Hey, I am unable to resist coming back for a quick:

Earth has not anything to show more fair:
Dull would he be of soul who could pass by.
A sight so touching in its majesty ...

I would so love to go to Venice! Have you been to Venice?

I think they do have a name, the cardboard theatres that you put up and then colour in characters and stick them on sticks. Yes yes! a quick google and here they are: http://www.pollocks-coventgarden.co.uk/index.php/toy-theatres.html.
:)

So, cardboard theatres are Pollocks. We live and we learn. Thanks, Honey. :)

And, yes, I have been to Venice several times. It's definitely worth a visit.

And for the association ...

Shaun Pollock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Pollock

http://www.pollockstoymuseum.com/index.html

5839789192_3013af8597_z.jpg

Association:

Marcel Duchamp (French Artist) telegram from New York to Paris 1921:

"Peau de balle et balai de crin" = Bollocks! and Fuck Off!"

While in New York he had been asked by telegram to exhibit in a show in Paris with 48 hours notice. Travel from New York to Paris in 48 hours was impossible in 1921.

Last edited:
... Strongly worded message follows :)

'Lo Sugar :)

One letter I once read about was signed off:

Yours in the bowels of Christ,

:D, such a mix of grovelling humility and insufferable piety! to characterise oneself the turd of the son of God.

'Lo Sugar :)

One letter I once read about was signed off:

Yours in the bowels of Christ,

:D, such a mix of grovelling humility and insufferable piety! to characterise oneself the turd of the son of God.

"You blocks, you stones, you worse than senseless things!"

Hi Naoko! How's Piglet and the Fella? Hope you are having a good summer.:)

Have You Ever Seen the Rain? CCR

LOL, it's a rainy day today here in the lush land of green Valleys constantly watered by gentle showers (and torrents of lashing rain and a bit of drizzle and something that is not actually rain, it's just that you went up the Valleys and so you are inside a cloud.)

8747082103_44efeb38ac_z.jpg

Piglet has gone to Scotland for a week! so I am able to do the laundry, mark my students' assignments, hoover the stairs and trip over the kittens in relative peace :nana:. She's having a good time with her cousins :).

Rain? What's that?

We have had rain to the West, East, South and North of us today, but none here.

You should have been round the West Midlands, then, Ogg.
Some real showers at times.

When we were on holiday in Lancashire it was sunny and nearly too hot. Since we have been back, Lancashire has been wet.

But locally we have a benign micro-climate. We often miss rain and snow that falls a few miles away. The downside? North-Easterly gales can batter our seafront and our house.

I have experienced some very odd weather in my life e.g. snow when I was living in Gibraltar and snow when I was living in Melbourne, Australia.

When we were on holiday in Lancashire it was sunny and nearly too hot. Since we have been back, Lancashire has been wet.

But locally we have a benign micro-climate. We often miss rain and snow that falls a few miles away. The downside? North-Easterly gales can batter our seafront and our house.

I have experienced some very odd weather in my life e.g. snow when I was living in Gibraltar and snow when I was living in Melbourne, Australia.

My mother was stranded in Istanbul once when it snowed there. I was so envious! Imagine being able to see The Blue Mosque in the snow! but she just kept grumbling that she only had one pair of knickers with her. :rolleyes:

My mother was stranded in Istanbul once when it snowed there. I was so envious! Imagine being able to see The Blue Mosque in the snow! but she just kept grumbling that she only had one pair of knickers with her. :rolleyes:

'Knock, knock.'

'Who's there?'

'Nicholas.'

'Nicholas who?'

'Knickerless ladies shouldn't climb trees.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back