Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't eat what we didn't catch . . .

Catch and Release

For some reason, I woke up in the middle of a recent night thinking about an excerpt by the same name from a Mordecai Richler 'work in progress'. I can no longer remember where I read it or the name of the work from which it was taken. All I can remember is that I really enjoyed it.

Catch and Release

For some reason, I woke up in the middle of a recent night thinking about an excerpt by the same name from a Mordecai Richler 'work in progress'. I can no longer remember where I read it or the name of the work from which it was taken. All I can remember is that I really enjoyed it.

Mordecai Richler - that sounds like a :cool: writer's name! I don't think I know his work.

I don't know why, I've been thinking recently of the Terry Pratchett books about Death. Like the one where he decides to take a holiday, LOL.

51qIq8L_3JvthX8mcCD07M3naQqFvd0uhzhhZytl.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnOkDducRnkoy5e-GNgujhY7-i4ZdNHAjCPop6GKtgUEQvVpk1kA

Mordecai Richler - that sounds like a :cool: writer's name! I don't think I know his work.

I don't know why, I've been thinking recently of the Terry Pratchett books about Death. Like the one where he decides to take a holiday, LOL.

51qIq8L_3JvthX8mcCD07M3naQqFvd0uhzhhZytl.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnOkDducRnkoy5e-GNgujhY7-i4ZdNHAjCPop6GKtgUEQvVpk1kA

Which makes me think of ... Don't Fear the Reaper - The Beautiful South version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEwkXUR-5Ww

Which makes me think of ... Don't Fear the Reaper - The Beautiful South version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEwkXUR-5Ww

Well I will hold your hand, Sugar :).

I hope we get a chance for the reaper (not the grim one) to come out this year. There was some nice weather and now it's all South Wales and wet wet wet - not in a good way, LOL.

Neil Sedaka's Laughter in the Rain. ("Walking hand in hand with the one I love." There's a nice thought :kiss:)

Well I will hold your hand, Sugar :).

I hope we get a chance for the reaper (not the grim one) to come out this year. There was some nice weather and now it's all South Wales and wet wet wet - not in a good way, LOL.

Neil Sedaka's Laughter in the Rain. ("Walking hand in hand with the one I love." There's a nice thought :kiss:)

Over on this side of the island it's ...

'Cloudy with outbreaks of rain spreading from the northwest this morning, becoming persistent and locally heavy for a time. Becoming drier this evening. A moderate westerly breeze.'

Ah, well, it is summer :)

Over on this side of the island it's ...

'Cloudy with outbreaks of rain spreading from the northwest this morning, becoming persistent and locally heavy for a time. Becoming drier this evening. A moderate westerly breeze.'

Ah, well, it is summer :)

Oh dear, lots of weather as usual!

We have a reasonably clear day today, so I guess I should go home and wash things that I can put out in the garden to dry. (Bins and cat litter trays - mmm, delightful! LOL.)

Bit of Summer Lovin' with Greased Lighting to go, perhaps! LOL.
:)

Oh dear, lots of weather as usual!

We have a reasonably clear day today, so I guess I should go home and wash things that I can put out in the garden to dry. (Bins and cat litter trays - mmm, delightful! LOL.)

Bit of Summer Lovin' with Greased Lighting to go, perhaps! LOL.
:)

Summer of Love (1967) Haight-Ashbury ...

Summer of Love (1967) Haight-Ashbury ...

Boys of Summer- Don Henley.

I dedicated this song to a girl I knew named Pamela, who had deeply tanned skin, was gorgeous but hated to be told so, and I should've asked her out, but I was too scared she'd say no, only to find out when it was practically too late that she would've said yes if I'd only asked her. God, I miss her.

I dedicated this song to a girl I knew named Pamela, who had deeply tanned skin, was gorgeous but hated to be told so, and I should've asked her out, but I was too scared she'd say no, only to find out when it was practically too late that she would've said yes if I'd only asked her. God, I miss her.

Dude that sucks. I think we all have a regret like that. Keeping with the theme and adding to it... summer can be cruel.

There's a plot bunny there somewhere

Donald duck is nobody's mother. :D

And a big thank you to Naoko. :heart:

My father - a former Fleet Air Arm pilot - always used to sing it as 'Here's to our web-footed friends. A duck can be nobody's mother ...' Mind you, he did only sing it after he had had a couple of sherbets.

My father - a former Fleet Air Arm pilot - always used to sing it as 'Here's to our web-footed friends. A duck can be nobody's mother ...' Mind you, he did only sing it after he had had a couple of sherbets.

Best time to sing it, IMO

Singing in the rain or for me going down the road as I watch the world pass me by threw an 18 wheeler windshield

The sound of an eighteen-wheeler going down the highway at four in the morning is quite a lonely sound.

The sound of waves against the beach.

Looks out of window.

Shit! The tide's out. No waves against the beach.

"Boulder to Birmingham"

"Well you really got me this time
And the hardest part is knowing I'll survive.
I have come to listen for the sound
Of the trucks as they move down
Out on ninety five
And pretend that it's the ocean
coming down to wash me clean, to wash me clean

Baby do you know what I mean"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back