Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles "Lucky" Luciano

220px-Charles_Luciano.jpg

Salvatore Giuliano

Two jugs of milk!!!!!!!! Now you know many will click that link. ;)

We MILFs take care of the milk supply ;)

What kind of association is that supposed to be? What am I supposed to do with that, eh?

Cuff links.
I can't get the image to load but you will like these, LOL.
http://www*****fessionaljeweller.com/article-12448-trends-creative-cufflinks/

Oh no! doesn't work, LOL. They were lovely skulls with crowns on. Never mind, have to go and do breakfast now. Ciao ciao, bello!
:rose:

Breakfast? Hmm ... in my student days (OK, a long, long time ago) that was usually beer and fruit cake.

I always wanted to have the champagne breakfast on the Great North East Railway from London to Scotland - with smoked salmon. Unfortunately in a stupid cost-cutting exercise they cut the restaurant car :eek:. It served exquisite three course meals, once I saw Chateau Musar on the wine list there! The food was mostly specialities from along the route, and I heard someone ask where they sourced the fish from too, it was so deliciously fresh.

It was a bad piece of economics. When they slashed the restaurant car, the first class passengers who used to get in on the first sitting couldn't see the point of paying extra if all they got was to join the regular queue for sandwiches, and all started going economy.
:D

I always wanted to have the champagne breakfast on the Great North East Railway from London to Scotland - with smoked salmon. Unfortunately in a stupid cost-cutting exercise they cut the restaurant car :eek:. It served exquisite three course meals, once I saw Chateau Musar on the wine list there! The food was mostly specialities from along the route, and I heard someone ask where they sourced the fish from too, it was so deliciously fresh.

It was a bad piece of economics. When they slashed the restaurant car, the first class passengers who used to get in on the first sitting couldn't see the point of paying extra if all they got was to join the regular queue for sandwiches, and all started going economy.
:D

When I moved to my present town, two of the morning commuter trains had a restaurant car. Regulars could sit down to their favourite breakfast served within minutes of getting on the train. They could then have a three-course evening meal on the way home.

Within a couple of years the restaurant car was withdrawn and replaced by a trolley service on a shorter train. The trolley couldn't get through because the shorter train was too crowded. Another couple of years and they reinstated the longer train, but deleted the trolley service.

After that I could buy sandwiches and coffee in the coffee bar in the station. But then they closed the coffee bar during commuter times because the queues were too long, and didn't open it until 10am.

Every change was "to improve the service to our customers"!

Every change was "to improve the service to our customers"!

It's another triumph of the quantitative over the qualitative! They count up how much money they could save by slashing the loss-making restaurant car, but forget to ask passengers how many are paying triple price for a ticket in order to enjoy the silver service meals.

They count up how many people are travelling on the train and how many they can squash into a carriage, they realise they can't get the trolley through with sandwiches and that people are cross at queueing too long at the station cafe so they slash those services. Then they're surprised when everyone starts driving to work, on their own, in an eight-seater vehicle, with a packet of sandwiches they made themselves. (Or got the MILF to make for them, LOL.)

How I long for them to bring back the silver service restaurant car on the GNER! I would even pay extra to go via London to eat on it, instead of doing the horrid journey from Wales via Bristol Parkway :eek: to the land of whisky and poached venison :p. (I don't mean venison cooked in liquid by that! :devil:)

It's another triumph of the quantitative over the qualitative! They count up how much money they could save by slashing the loss-making restaurant car, but forget to ask passengers how many are paying triple price for a ticket in order to enjoy the silver service meals.

They count up how many people are travelling on the train and how many they can squash into a carriage, they realise they can't get the trolley through with sandwiches and that people are cross at queueing too long at the station cafe so they slash those services. Then they're surprised when everyone starts driving to work, on their own, in an eight-seater vehicle, with a packet of sandwiches they made themselves. (Or got the MILF to make for them, LOL.)

How I long for them to bring back the silver service restaurant car on the GNER! I would even pay extra to go via London to eat on it, instead of doing the horrid journey from Wales via Bristol Parkway :eek: to the land of whisky and poached venison :p. (I don't mean venison cooked in liquid by that! :devil:)

The Hunting of the Unicorn

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YQXgE0xQH...rn+dips+his+horn+in+the+stream+Tapestry_2.jpg

The Secret of Moonacre.

(Perhaps I can persuade Piggles to watch it later.)

:rose:, Tio.

http://t3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp585lYgk4Skw6UYdxLrjXC6me64ABySKq15630u4GgdgjHjxa

Moonraker

(Children can be such a good excuse for entertainment...:))

:rose: - I'll finish reading soon, Naoko...

The hunting of the Snark.

:eek: you skipped me, you must give me a kiss! Or a copy of The Boy Friend, LOL.

We did a lot of Snarking a little while back, didn't we? How about some snerking?

LOL, OK. Let me combine Lewis Carroll and Moonraker:

Read at leisure, Tio! Enjoy. :rose:

The moon was shining sulkily,
Because she thought the sun
Had got no business to be there
After the day was done--
"It's very rude of him," she said,
"To come and spoil the fun!"

:eek: you skipped me, you must give me a kiss! Or a copy of The Boy Friend, LOL.

We did a lot of Snarking a little while back, didn't we? How about some snerking?

LOL, OK. Let me combine Lewis Carroll and Moonraker:

Read at leisure, Tio! Enjoy. :rose:

The moon was shining sulkily,
Because she thought the sun
Had got no business to be there
After the day was done--
"It's very rude of him," she said,
"To come and spoil the fun!"

San Francisco d'Assisi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVG2r7TgMMw

Status
Not open for further replies.