Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on, we have to have a link to this, so people understand why it's so rib-crackingly funny to think of Og singing and dancing it:

Three Little Maids

Oh, Og, I would almost be willing to lend you my kimono in order to see you do this! I was given it to get married in thirty years ago, but the naughty MILF never did manage to trot down the aisle! ;) ROFL.

Come on, we have to have a link to this, so people understand why it's so rib-crackingly funny to think of Og singing and dancing it:

Three Little Maids

Oh, Og, I would almost be willing to lend you my kimono in order to see you do this! I was given it to get married in thirty years ago, but the naughty MILF never did manage to trot down the aisle! ;) ROFL.

It wasn't my first non-appearance on stage.

Earlier, when at primary school, the class performed a short version of Peter Pan. The teacher/director wanted all the members of the small class to take part but Og was her greatest problem. I was taller than she was and they weren't doing anything with a Giant in it.

Inspiration!

I could be Tinker Bell, off-stage, ringing the school handbell whenever Tinker Bell was supposed to be speaking. That way I wouldn't be out of scale with the rest of the cast.

Of course I entered into the performance with enthusiasm. At the dress (and only) rehearsal I rang the bell with such vigour that the school thought it was the Fire Alarm.

My bell was changed to a dainty ornamental bell. I had to shake it hard for it to be heard at all.

All went well until the curtain call. The curtains had been made to fit the small space and small people. While the rest of the cast appeared below the curtain rail, Og appeared above it...

It wasn't my first non-appearance on stage.

Earlier, when at primary school, the class performed a short version of Peter Pan. The teacher/director wanted all the members of the small class to take part but Og was her greatest problem. I was taller than she was and they weren't doing anything with a Giant in it.

Inspiration!

I could be Tinker Bell, off-stage, ringing the school handbell whenever Tinker Bell was supposed to be speaking. That way I wouldn't be out of scale with the rest of the cast.

Of course I entered into the performance with enthusiasm. At the dress (and only) rehearsal I rang the bell with such vigour that the school thought it was the Fire Alarm.

My bell was changed to a dainty ornamental bell. I had to shake it hard for it to be heard at all.

All went well until the curtain call. The curtains had been made to fit the small space and small people. While the rest of the cast appeared below the curtain rail, Og appeared above it...

Oh no, I am dying! Og as Tinker Bell! Oh God, I am laughing so hard the builders must be worrying!

:heart: you so much Og!

Well, Neko, many Litsters are adepts at One-Handed Clapping! :D

Og was never any good at ballroom dancing. As a teenager I could do this:

One handed Clapping

and I had the leather shorts and feathered hat, courtesy of an uncle who frequently visited Austria.

It was an interesting novelty act at teenage hops, but you don't get to dance with girls.

I tried Folk Dancing. That was better, and even more enjoyable when they were Barn Dances in genuine barns with the farmer's local cider freely available. But by the end of the evening the foursome reels had more reeling than dancing.

Eh, what before the hunt? I beg your par-don... what could you possibly mean besides something prurient...and sultry...and gulp... base...gotta log off...:devil:

Hardly, Neko! One-Handed Clapping is the height of KRSNA worship, pure and unadulterated. How could a woman of your standing - a player of Barbies - entertain such base thoughts in the face of divine transcendance?

Og was never any good at ballroom dancing. As a teenager I could do this:

One handed Clapping

and I had the leather shorts and feathered hat, courtesy of an uncle who frequently visited Austria.

It was an interesting novelty act at teenage hops, but you don't get to dance with girls.
I tried Folk Dancing. That was better, and even more enjoyable when they were Barn Dances in genuine barns with the farmer's local cider freely available. But by the end of the evening the foursome reels had more reeling than dancing.

Does that mean it got you to dance with boys? Hmmm...One of the three little maids, Tinker Bell... Jeanne d'Artois...It's all beginning to make sense now.;)

Hardly, Neko! One-Handed Clapping is the height of KRSNA worship, pure and unadulterated. How could a woman of your standing - a player of Barbies - entertain such base thoughts in the face of divine transcendance?

Why do I get the distinct feeling that you are dying to put me in my place. . . possibly over your knee? That Dutch uncle thing earlier really had me wondering... And leave my Barbies out of this...they are good girls and only let Ken pull their strings...

Does that mean it got you to dance with boys? Hmmm...One of the three little maids, Tinker Bell... Jeanne d'Artois...It's all beginning to make sense now.;)

Not likely.

No one wanted to dance with me when I was doing schuplatter. The Bavarian/Austrian versions were/are often contests in who could slap the hardest. I'd be knocking my dance companions flat...

Schuplatter World Record

Last edited:
Not likely.

No one wanted to dance with me when I was doing schuplatter. The Bavarian/Austrian versions were/are often contests in who could slap the hardest. I'd be knocking my dance companions flat...

From what JBJ tells me, that's just what the girls wanted. :eek:

One-hand clapping? How very Zen.

The Mikado? Wrap your ears round this bit [it's really is awesome; she starts about 4 minutes in]. She really was gorgeous.

Pass the vacuum cleaner please.

It is Valerie Masterson from the real Doyle Carte company. She was one of their stars. I remember seeing her in several roles at the Savoy Theatre - then.

This "Hail Poetry!" is one of my favourite moments from Gilbert and Sullivan.

Another is The Madrigal from Ruddigore.

That includes croquet - like sweeping with a mallet.

Last edited:
It is Valerie Masterson from the real Doyle Carte company. She was one of their stars. I remember seeing her in several roles at the Savoy Theatre - then.

This "Hail Poetry!" is one of my favourite moments from Gilbert and Sullivan.

Another is The Madrigal from Ruddigore.

and it's from [surely] one of the funniest productions ever seen.
I love their Mikado, though. . .

I wish they'd managed to do the lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back