Foodgasms

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bird turned out quite nicely, too. Moist and delicious:

IMG_7212.jpg

IMG_7223.jpg

I do my dressing in muffin tins, for maximum crusty goodness (but still quite moist inside):

IMG_7208.jpg

Right on, tortoise!

Good idea with the muffin tinned stuffing. I cannot really see the pics all that well after Collette pepper sprayed my snoot twice today. I will take a closer look when the swelling goes away.

Batchoohus said:
that is a beautiful sight.

It is, isn't it? And it's even more delicious than it looks. Everyone raved about it, and it's the only dish I made tonight (out of eight dishes in all) that had no leftovers. If I fail to make this torta for any future family gatherings, a melee will surely ensue. It would not be pretty.

SaintPeter said:
Right on, tortoise!

Good idea with the muffin tinned stuffing. I cannot really see the pics all that well after Collette pepper sprayed my snoot twice today. I will take a closer look when the swelling goes away.

I'm fair certain she merely thought you needed some extra spice in your life. She's incredibly thoughtful like that.

But did she use the pepper spray for humans or the one for bears?

tortoise said:
I'm fair certain she merely thought you needed some extra spice in your life. She's incredibly thoughtful like that.

But did she use the pepper spray for humans or the one for bears?

I think it was the type for crack dealers. I am sure I was asking for it in one way or the other.

Your food looks awesome. The table, the viddles, the whole deal. Thanks for posting pics and making the rest of us feel like crap about what we slopped out to our guests.

Batchoohus said:
Petey just needs
to get laid.

I cannot afford the hooker's holiday rates. It will have to wait until Monday. And if there is a sting operation going on then it will have to wait even longer. My snoot cannot take another shot of elephant strength pepper spray.

SaintPeter said:
I bake the broth in muffin tins so it gets all crunchy on the outside.
i would say i love you
but that would be pushing things, i don't even know if you use deodorant.

VermilionSkye said:
Ooooh! This all looks so yummy, Tort!

Thanks, Skye. It took two and a half days to prepare, but I enjoyed every second of it, and everyone was incredibly appreciative (and gorged themselves properly). It was a good day, especially since I got to talk to my love several times throughout.

SaintPeter said:
I think it was the type for crack dealers. I am sure I was asking for it in one way or the other.

Your food looks awesome. The table, the viddles, the whole deal. Thanks for posting pics and making the rest of us feel like crap about what we slopped out to our guests.

Heh. I'm all about making people feel like crap. It's my raison d'etre.

Batchoohus said:
i would say i love you
but that would be pushing things, i don't even know if you use deodorant.

He rubs lime jello in his pits. Keeps them citrusy fresh!

SaintPeter said:
I cannot afford the hooker's holiday rates. It will have to wait until Monday. And if there is a sting operation going on then it will have to wait even longer. My snoot cannot take another shot of elephant strength pepper spray.

You're going to build up a resistance to capsaicin over time. You'll be using pepper spray like Binaca. Spritz spritz.

tortoise said:
Thanks, Skye. It took two and a half days to prepare, but I enjoyed every second of it, and everyone was incredibly appreciative (and gorged themselves properly). It was a good day, especially since I got to talk to my love several times throughout.
That's as it should be. Hopefully you will both be together for the next one!
This thread has always amazed me. I'm so glad you made it.

tortoise said:
You're a good egg yourself, Batchy. You make me smile, regularly.
aw, sweet you and yours

*wistful sighs of tender longing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back