Fighting for what's right (closed)

zydrate

Sweet Zydrate
Anika Kaid knew her brother was involved in something dangerous, but it wasn't until she stumbled in on it one night while out with some friends. Well, they were hardly what one would call friends, as they had all met up at a bar just a few blocks away and they kept talking about 'the fight' which she had assumed was something about boxing.

It wasn't until they arrived at an abandon warehouse where there were cars parked in a circle with their headlights on and two men entered the circle. No one needed to explain what was going to happen next as the crowd cheered them on. It seemed this was a regular occurrence and one of the fighters was talking to Anika's brother, Kareem. The man talking to Kareem was tall and muscular, lean with several scars on his back, seeing as how he wasn't wearing a shirt. It wasn't until the men entered the circle that Anika saw her brother, this time he was taking money and talking with others as he took the money, making bets.

The chanting of the crowd was getting louder until the men faced off and they started fighting. This was more of an underground MMA...no rules, no regulations. And the crowd was loving it.

As the fight progressed and seemed to end before it even started and the whole thing being as barbaric as it could be, Anika couldn't help but be drawn into it. Although she didn't cheer outright, she couldn't help but feel for the guy that lost. She shook her head and watched afterward as Kareem started to collect even more money and pay out some to others. He looked pleased with himself and was answering questions being shouted at him.

Anika waited until the crowd thinned out a little as she made her way to find Kareem and see what the hell was going on!

Since she had just come from a club and being in her club attire, Anika was attracting attention of several men but she paid them no mind as she spotted her brother heading over to someone standing off away from the crowd.

“Kareem!” She called out, first not too loud but he was either ignoring her or didn't hear her so she called out to him again, “KAREEM!!” She reached him just as he reached the other man and she stepped in between her brother and the other man, “Kareem! Did you not hear me call you?! What is all this?!”

Her brother's look when he saw his sister was of complete surprise and grabbed her by her shoulders, “Anika? What are doing here? I am working! Now please move!” He tried to push his sister out of the way but she held her ground when she finally took notice of the man behind her...the one that was one of the fighters... at least she figured it was.

Turning quickly to the other man, Anika quickly told the winner, “I'm sorry, I need to speak with my brother!” She said and in turn, grabbed her older brother by the front of his shirt and pulled him with her off to the side, “What is going on here Kareem?! Do you know that what you are doing here is illegal?!”

“Anika! Do not tell me what is right or wrong. You know nothing of all this that's happened tonight! You—how did you end up here anyway?!”

“Do not turn this back on me Kareem, I want you to answer me! What are you doing here with all these people and taking their money?!” She waved her hands around, clearly upset, “This is completely insane!” This was her older brother after all, someone she had looked up to. Someone who had told their parents that he was here earning an education, just as she was trying to also. This wasn't something anyone in their family would approve of.

Having enough of his younger sister embarrassing him, Kareem grabbed Anika and hissed, “We will talk about this later Anika! Now go before I have someone drag you back to your apartment by your hair and lock you there! What I do here is none of your concern!”

“But, Kar--”

Raising his hand, Kareem had had enough and backhanded his sister, “I said go!”

Anika wasn't too shaken as she just stood there before looking at her brother and glaring at him, “This is not over Kareem.” She said as she turned and walked off.

Walking past those she didn't know, Anika didn't pay attention to their stares as she made her way down the stairs of the empty lot and to the street. What the hell was going on here and what had her brother gotten himself into?!

Back