Favorite summer foods

I love curry! Not so much a fan of hot spices like scotch peppers and stuff. Jamaican jerk has to be very mild for me. But I find curry more spicy than hot. Heavily curried rice with cranberries is a staple of mine. I make little wraps with naan bread and wash down with a mild ginger beer. Enough to make me sweat even during winter.

I mix up a batch of minute rice heavily curried with cranberries when ice fishing. Whips up fast on a paint can hobo stove and goes very well with trout not 5 minutes caught, filleted and fried up. Goes good with fresh bunny too that has been seasoned with a Masala spice.

Another spicy fave is Thai vermicelli noodles with a sweet chili and soya sauce. Add raw shredded carrot. Doesn't make me sweat like curry but adds a sheen to the brow.

Classic BLTs.

BLT-Final-Photo.jpg

Cold cut sammiches, preferably turkey clubs.

fitzpatrick-s-crest-tavern.jpg

But all that magnificence kowtows to thee supreme summertime dish: Mul naengmyun.

mulnaengweb.jpg

Not much gets better than that, sorry! :D

giphy.gif

I'd know those noodles, anywhere!

Real miso is beneficial.

Winter lasted for so long, I have lost my edge. *thank goodness the young people are beginning the trend, all over, again.)

It's still summer for a couple of more months, here on Tatooine.

I think I only had corn once I'm going to have to look for some fresh corn. I've seen it in the field so they must still be growing it.

Any fresh grown vegetable. I stop at farm stands and grab anything I need for a meal. Shame the seasons so short in northeast USA

Bing cherries, apricots, peaches, nectarines, watermelon garden salads, grilled burgers, beer, margaritas

Back