Fast food companies

I worked in a fast-food and yea, had to wear the uniforms to work, unless you wanted to change in the public bathroom but there was no lockers to put your street clothes in. During the summer time I'd wear a tank top under my shirt, that way when I got off work I could clean up a little, to get some of the stink of grease off, and take off my work shirt at the end of my shift.

I've never worked at one of their outlets. Someone I know told me that during her stint years ago she would change into her uniform on the premises. I assume they had lockers. I had always assumed that the employees kept their outfits at home and put them on there.

Does that vary from company to company? Is that still the way it works? Yes, it does have relevance to a story I'm doing.
I worked for two different ones, and in both cases, I changed at home before and after my shift. Some people changed in the bathroom, but it wasn't common. There were no lockers and no changing room. Once in a while, after a closing shift, someone might just change in the back room.

It often meant going out with friends and stuff after work still in the uniform.

What kind of fast food place does your story involve? I may be able to answer other questions, especially if it has "pizza" in the name and sounds a bit like "ominous". And no, the mythical "pizza-guy" stories did not happen to me or anyone I knew. In ten years, I saw boobs twice and a fully naked middle-aged man and woman once, from a distance.

I worked at McDonald's in the early '70s and we had lockers to keep our stuff in and had a changing room. This was handy when working nights and going to college during the day.

True, but 5 Guys are a special kind of terrible.
They are loaded with oil and salt. I guess all fries are more or less like that. Five Guys reminds me of the fries my dad used to get from a Kosher deli. My mom tried to stop him from eating them, but it didn't work.

Back