Ever look back...

Well said. When my first wife and I split, I tried to explain the same thoughts to a coworker "I miss my wife, but I don't miss the person my wife turned into". She couldn't wrap her head around a thought like that, but then I found out her ex was an abusive SOB and she couldn't even think back to why she found him attractive in the first place.
Wow, the same happened with my ex, good to know i'm not alone in this.

Last edited:
I hope my ex-wife asks herself this question every night before she goes to sleep.

Have you ever realized that you met the right person for you, at the wrong time in your life?
Yes, my second ever girlfriend of my life. We met recently and soon agreed we would be much better off together than we are with our current partners.

Do I ever look back? Yes, I do and when I do I have to keep reminding myself that I was dealing with two women in the same body, one I couldn't live with and the other I couldn't live without. I still miss the one I couldn't live without but it wasn't worth trying to live with the other one.
How bizarre, I lived with her too šŸ˜®

Yes, or the wrong time in their lives...

When I was 24 I met a great guy, we had a spark, we had incredible sex but he was recently separated from a wife and lived in a near but different country. We met up when we could, had a blast. We kept in vague touch via social media.

I've been with my partner for 13 years now and the spark has gone for him, he has no interest in sex or going out... My 'friend' has always sporadically reached out over the years asking if I'm available yet, and other than a few flirtations I've always been stoic with him. My own frustrations recently reached boiling point and in a very weak moment, I sent him a message, just a hello, but I knew full well he would push for more. He did. We've been chatting every day since July, it's been really lovely to feel desired again. I do feel guilty.

Looking back on everything, we were such a good fit, other than crappy timing!

I can think of at least one occasion.

Senior year of high school. Cute Aussie chick a year above me home for spring break lets me go out with her and her friends. She engages in various open-minded teasers with me involving flashing her tits, setting me up with her friends, and sharing her bisexual and incest fantasies. I want to indulge, but Iā€™m not sure I have the time since parents are expecting me home by a curfew. Iā€™m also not sure about her endgame given the disparity between her teasers. I declined all offers. What was I thinking? I ever see this chick againā€¦

Last edited:
Yes, or the wrong time in their lives...

When I was 24 I met a great guy, we had a spark, we had incredible sex but he was recently separated from a wife and lived in a near but different country. We met up when we could, had a blast. We kept in vague touch via social media.

I've been with my partner for 13 years now and the spark has gone for him, he has no interest in sex or going out... My 'friend' has always sporadically reached out over the years asking if I'm available yet, and other than a few flirtations I've always been stoic with him. My own frustrations recently reached boiling point and in a very weak moment, I sent him a message, just a hello, but I knew full well he would push for more. He did. We've been chatting every day since July, it's been really lovely to feel desired again. I do feel guilty.

Looking back on everything, we were such a good fit, other than crappy timing!
If the spark has gone and your partner is not interested in sex or going out, ask yourself this "Am i happy with my relationship?" Iv'e just been reading some of your posts and you seem to be an interesting person. You should be with someone who wants to sweep you off your feet everyday. Passion is so important and remember "It's the little things, there's nothing Bigger" x

Sure.
I found out a long time ago that I was not in charge of running my life.

All you can do is enjoy any Goodtimes that happen with them then and hope they decide and are able to stick around for a while.

This too shall pass is not just meant for bad or unlikable things...

Have you ever realized that you met the right person for you, at the wrong time in your life?
Twice with the same woman. High school love of my life and broke up then because of us both being virgins and too afraid to cross the line, then dated again in late-20s and broke up again for neither of us being able to work on a long-distance relationship. Without a doubt she was who I was supposed to end up with but probably won't.

I met hubby an entire year before I was ready for him, or he for me.

Then I ran into him again just shy of a year later. This time we I knew he was right. I got his number. Told him I would call him but I needed to take care of a few things first.
A few weeks later we went on our first date. In that time I ended the college relationship.

Hw is still right 25 years later

I had an on-again-off-again tumultuous relationship with someone for nearly 20 years. We were both married when it started. We both divorced our spouses 10 years later and tried to make it work but whenever things started to 'go south' for us she would go back to her ex for a while.
After she returned to him for the third time it officially ended fairly amicably. She's since passed away but she still crosses my mind almost daily

As Delbert McClinton says, "I consider myself one of the fortunate few".

Back