Ekserb

Camera

What camera did you get?? I use a Fuji S5 Pro.. But like you.. It has over 100k actuations

A beautiful set of photos. You certainly seem to pick the models.

Almost all of the models I’ve worked with are just women I’ve met. Sometimes socially and sometimes through mutual friends. I’d like to think I can make anyone look like a model. It just takes experience to direct the proper poses and get the lighting right.

Thank you!

What camera did you get?? I use a Fuji S5 Pro.. But like you.. It has over 100k actuations

For the past couple years, I’ve been watching Sony’s ascendency with mirrorless cameras. I swore that when my last camera died, I would replace it with a mirrorless model. However, the recent failure did catch me off guard and without the funds to properly replace all my lenses, I was “forced” to get another A-mount body. So I bought the only A-mount currently offered by Sony: the A99 Mark 2.

I could have bought a mirrorless E-mount and an adapter for my current lenses, but the autofocus with an adapted lens is slower and less accurate, and I kind of need that ability when I shoot live concerts.

The A99II is slightly smaller than my broken A900 and has all the newest features, including a blistering maximum frame rate of 12 frames per second. (I turned it down to 4fps for daily use.) probably the most useful feature for me is the focus peaking. The A900 didn’t have Live View or an electronic viewfinder, so this wasn’t possible on that camera. The ability to electronically zoom in for critical focusing is fantastic for detailed portraits and still life scenes.

It also does 4K video, which is something I will rarely use, but I did test it and the video quality is top shelf.

Gorgeousness Ekserb!! She's a beauty for sure!!

Congrats on getting married!!! :heart:

What is the lowest ASA/ISO setting?? I'm a nature/Waterfall Photographer

Almost all of the models I’ve worked with are just women I’ve met. Sometimes socially and sometimes through mutual friends. I’d like to think I can make anyone look like a model. It just takes experience to direct the proper poses and get the lighting right.

Thank you!
How did you meet Yendri?

Another of my favorite non-models. Yendri found me through a mutual Facebook friend and commented on some of the pictures I took for Dailyn. She came to my studio in Miami and we've now worked together a few times. I love how comfortable she is in front of the camera, even though she's never done this professionally. She's a bigger girl, but very sexy and beautiful.

PICT9370-XL.jpg
PICT9084-XL.jpg
Yendri is so fucking sexy. I wish she didn't have a breast reduction done.

Remember when I wrote that my new camera does really nice video, but that I would probably never use it? Well, I've been hired as a cinematographer for a local indie horror movie and I'm using the hell out of my camera's video features. :)

The producer has made two other movies locally and the new one will be the final installment of the trilogy. He knows my photography work and asked if I was interested in shooting his new movie. I figured it was a challenge and it might be fun, so we started by re-shooting the final scene from the last movie to better tie into the next one. This was last week and the rest of the crew is really excited after seeing what we did for that one scene. I had a blast working with the actors to get the very best possible footage so the director can edit it all together into something exciting.

The third movie is titled Signal Lost: Revelations and we start shooting it in earnest next month in Ocala and Saint Augustine. We're trying to get a release before a local historic theater closes for good sometime in 2019.

Anyone in central Florida want to do some background acting? We need extras!

Remember when I wrote that my new camera does really nice video, but that I would probably never use it? Well, I've been hired as a cinematographer for a local indie horror movie and I'm using the hell out of my camera's video features. :)

The producer has made two other movies locally and the new one will be the final installment of the trilogy. He knows my photography work and asked if I was interested in shooting his new movie. I figured it was a challenge and it might be fun, so we started by re-shooting the final scene from the last movie to better tie into the next one. This was last week and the rest of the crew is really excited after seeing what we did for that one scene. I had a blast working with the actors to get the very best possible footage so the director can edit it all together into something exciting.

The third movie is titled Signal Lost: Revelations and we start shooting it in earnest next month in Ocala and Saint Augustine. We're trying to get a release before a local historic theater closes for good sometime in 2019.

Anyone in central Florida want to do some background acting? We need extras!

Oh how exciting! :)

So we got a dog. LOL

About two weeks ago, I was working in the garage and a neighbor's dog wandered into the open door and started sniffing around. She was really friendly, but had no collar or tags. We ended up holding her most of the day until the owner drove by and picked her up, but the experience made me think that it was about time to get another dog in the house. My last two dog died a few years ago and I had been telling myself I wasn't ready for another, but after having that dog here for only a few hours, I realized I missed it.

A few days later, we went to the local Humane Society shelter and found, to our amazement, a black Labrador puppy that had been adopted out once before, but they brought him back because he was just too rambunctious for their small children to play with. To be clear, he's nine months old and already weighs 70 pounds. I expect he'll get bigger yet.

When I walked him on the first day at home, he barked at other dogs and I thought he was going to be aggressive to dogs and people, but it turned out to be playful barking and when I let him get closer while still on the leash, he was very friendly to everyone.

We call him Midnight and he is the blackest dog I've ever seen. Not a single hair that isn't black. He's beautiful and we love him.

We've taken him to the dog park a couple times and today I remembered to bring my camera.

i-r57cWGs-L.jpg

i-BcqbP6J-L.jpg

He loves the water:
i-8W3bxVr-L.jpg

Losing his mind with a rope toy:
i-G435rwR-L.jpg

Making new friends:
i-5Hw5jTW-L.jpg

i-V4PkdFq-L.jpg

I truly have always loved your work. It's beyond words. To think I cried when I had a boudoir done. I'd love to see what you could do with me on film. It's just beautiful how you capture images. People and landscape.:heart:

Aww, what a great looking dog! Those action shots are amazing and I'm glad you got a new dog, yay!! :heart:

I truly have always loved your work. It's beyond words. To think I cried when I had a boudoir done. I'd love to see what you could do with me on film. It's just beautiful how you capture images. People and landscape.:heart:

Funny you mention boudoir. I’ve been doing more of that with a few local clients and getting even more work through word-of-mouth, which is very nice. A few have graciously allowed me to post some of the photos on my website; they’re available in the People gallery and a few blog posts.

I thank you for the kind words!

Aww, what a great looking dog! Those action shots are amazing and I'm glad you got a new dog, yay!! :heart:

He’s pretty cool. Still training him to walk nicely on the leash and not jump up when he meets people (he’s big and knocks over children and the elderly), but he’s very lovable in every way.

Last edited:
Some new photos:

A field near home with a storm front passing overhead:
i-RLL2mfM-XL.jpg

Abandoned truck in the woods:
i-cXnzsBJ-XL.jpg

Rain over Lake Weir:
i-zKx94SV-XL.jpg

Sunset on Lake Weir:
i-rQcW8KX-XL.jpg

Lightning south of Marion County:
i-LXN7CMQ-XL.jpg

Two of Trixie in a warehouse:
i-zb8VrQK-XL.jpg

i-M5892qv-XL.jpg

A few more:

Boudoir clients (shared with permission):
i-73VRQwf-XL.jpg

i-bR2W8j6-XL.jpg

i-29GBXw7-XL.jpg

Local musician Dan Signor during a performance on a cold night:
i-kVMhd5B-XL.jpg

Blowing Rocks Preserve in Jupiter, FL, just last week:
i-fhfcvrh-XL.jpg

Trixie at the same location (more of her on my website):
i-sz8fLVR-XL.jpg

Flooding at Indian Lake State Forest. This bench is normally 40 feet from the edge of the lake, but after some very heavy rains, the bench and all of the trails around the lake were under water.
i-zg9r7nb-XL.jpg

These are usually right next to the edge of the lake:
i-QGL4xPJ-XL.jpg

Several weeks later, the high water marks can be seen on these cypress trees as faint horizontal lines throughout the area around the lake.
i-st7WxkL-XL.jpg

Sunset over Indian Lake:
i-HwGp5Fz-XL.jpg

Early morning dew on spiderweb near Oxford:
i-Pd3QJWw-XL.jpg

Back