Does every story with guy-on-guy action belong in the "Gay" category?

I never look at tags nor use them to search, so I'd assume a percentage of readers don't either.
Yeah, my impression is that a preponderance of readers just dip in, pick off the new list or the hub list, maybe focusing on a known (to them) author, read, and leave for the day. I doubt most readers make much effort to find the perfect read for today.

That's interesting. I'd have no problem reading a post-op story in that category. IMO the better trans stories are as much or more about self-discovery and self-realization than they are about the sex.
I haven't had a doubt about posting full transition stories to that category (or had a negative comment for doing so). I couldn't think of anywhere else on Lit. to post them. This site tolerates "other than straight" but it certainly doesn't encourage it or serve it to the level it does straight.

Just include a warning in the header.
I recall one cheating wife story in which the wife's much younger boyfriend sexually assaulted the husband to assert dominance. It made sense for the story but displeased me.

Did you read the rest of my comment? I read them, comment on them, and rate them based upon the writing, and how they treat the topic and the characters. Those sort of stories could very well be in LW, except for the fact that LW is inhabited by a lot of homophobic, misogynist incels who would scream and 1-bomb it.
You didn't say anything about that in your post, hence my question.

Now I remember though, you're the person with a highest number of comments on Lit, something like that. I guess this explains why. You've certainly got more free time than I have - it would never occur to me to do something like that.

You didn't say anything about that in your post, hence my question.

Now I remember though, you're the person with a highest number of comments on Lit, something like that. I guess this explains why. You've certainly got more free time than I have - it would never occur to me to do something like that.
I do most of my reading early in the morning, as I am far too busy any other time of day. I speed read which helps

I'm firmly of the belief, though, that those guys who complain vociferously about "wrong category" are actually protesting a little too much, and they've read the "offending sequence" twice, just to check their own reaction ;).
Bet you anything, they have nothing to say about girl-on-girl stuff outside the Lesbian category, which, you know, they logically should, if category accuracy was what they really cared about.

Maybe a bi-curious category would appeal to people who are not, fundamentally, gay, especially older folks who have had a lifetime of straight relationships, but are intrigued by the idea of exploring that side of sexual experience. It's my experience, that many older guys, after their child-raising years are over, become open to the novelty of that kind of interaction. It can be refreshing and, strangely, romantic.

This whole question of “precise, targeted, perfect” placement of a story is like splitting the atom, in my opinion. If I were to write a story about myself as a younger woman (maybe 18 instead of 42) I may have included aspects of secret desire for incest with a sibling, instances of voyeurism as I spy on him to see him nude, a desire for him to see ME nude….therefore exhibitionistic tendencies, No doubt masturbation would be included, as well as oral sex, anal sex, and the endless list continues. Categorization should be centered on the Primary Theme with the realization that activities occurring have immeasurable directions that can be chosen by the author.
If you are too busy to read and risk having an activity or two in the story, I say “Let the Buyer Beware”. These are free stories, many are VERY good….some you may like more than others so learn to follow those authors who get it the way YOU like it.

Back