Doctors to Join Gun Control Battle?

The doctors can ask and the patients can tell them it is none of their business.

The doctors can ask and the patients can tell them it is none of their business.

You're absolutely right and this has in fact always been the case. And for whatever reason conservatives are all up in arms like Obama is forcing patients to tell the truth under penalty of law.

That's why I put that idiot on IGGY, now he's mis-characterizing what I said to make his argument. Typical.:rolleyes:

Unless I mis-read your comments, you said under the ACA doctors are banned from asking if patients have firearms... Just like Koala said.

The point was that Obama seemed to imply that doctors could ask people about their guns, gun safety, ammunition, etc., when he said nothing in federal law prohibited it. As you can see such activity is prohibited by Obama Care itself.

What am I mis-characterizing? :confused:

Last edited:
Under Obamacare laws they can't. :cool: They can ask, but you don't have to say. ;)

You're absolutely right and this has in fact always been the case. And for whatever reason conservatives are all up in arms like Obama is forcing patients to tell the truth under penalty of law.

Unless I mis-read your comments, you said under the ACA doctors are banned from asking if patients have firearms... Just like Koala said.

What am I mis-characterizing? :confused:
*views post*

That, some Doctors were dropping patients because of gun ownership. Now it is illegal too.

Back