"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

I am, as they say, the devil
:devil:

tumblr_mjelqdnIlb1qbl6qfo3_500.gif

I'm pretty sure they will. Bookies are giving odds.

I heard Peter Capaldi.

Which would be okay, I guess. But surprising-- they've had actors play supporting characters before taking center stage as The Doctor, remember Colin Baker? And they've had actors play brief guesting roles before becoming Companions, Karen and Freema...

But Peter Capaldi's played two separate characters in The Whoniverse, if he's The Doctor how unprecedented would that be?

"However, in a Mirror TV poll, 40% of readers said they would not want any combination of 'firsts' including options for the Doctor to be black, female, or gay."

Aaaaaand thats why we can't have nice things.

The Doctor only can't be gay because he transcends categories like that and just loves people. He just kisses everyone because human kissing parts are so interesting.

But yeah.

Can't have nice things.

I say screw it and Jaime Murray FTW.

I don't recall 11 doing much of that, but 9 and 10 for sure.
Oh I would LOVE her as 12!!
I imagine the dark intensity of her character in Dexter...kind of bringing back some of the feel of 9.

Eleven did lots of that! He kissed Rory in Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, offered to snog David Warner in that submarine episode, he kissed Victorian Jenny (not to be confused with) and that made me mad because she's a married lesbian woman and male gaze BUT STILL.

Jaime was on "Dexter?" O.O

I need to watch that show!

I was really more thinking of her as Helena on "Warehouse 13."

You are right, I totally forgot!

Yah, she was on Dexter as a crazy lady. I liked the first 3 or 4 seasons of Dexter, but it started to wear thin. I think there's sort of a limit to the premise...and his sister is SO fucking annoying...
I think Breaking Bad is a much better show.

I saw the first episode of Breaking Bad, it didn't really get traction with me. Same with Dexter. I guess I need to go try them again, but I dunno.

...I think Jaime Murray should be Twelve and that they should bring back Lady Christina to be her Companion.

I WOULD SHIP THAT SO MUCH

I felt the same about 'Bad'. It took a little bit, but once I connected with it, it became powerfully compelling.

Also...if that pairing shows up, I may not do anything but watch each episode over and over again until they come and take me away.

I KNOW, RIGHT?

THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME

I can't even.

Back