Do you have this affliction…

…where you start out trying to write a mindless sex romp, and find out it’s developed a plot and characters with motivations while you weren’t looking?

So frustrating.

Em
Oooops....

Forgot to say....
Is it really an Affliction?

…where you start out trying to write a mindless sex romp, and find out it’s developed a plot and characters with motivations while you weren’t looking?

So frustrating.

Em
I can't say that I wanted a mindless sex romp, but in my first story chapters, I did go for slow-burn strokers with some character development. But over time, those characters kept asking for more and more. They were harassing me day and night until I relented... so it happened with a touch of non-con, but now I am happy I listened to them. ;)

Last edited:
I can't say that I wanted a mindless sex romp, but in my first story chapters, I did go for slow-burn strokers with some character development. But over time, those characters kept asking for more and more. They were harassing me day and night until I relented... so it happened with a touch of non-con, but now I am happy I listened to them. ;)

Debrief, Rekindled, Running Down a Dream, The Sisters Next Door, I Want You, Inside Out, Girls Dorm Blues, Counseling, and the upcoming A Doctor’s Tale are all stories of mine inspired by character union demands. Interested readers can check my signature for links.

I've often tried to write a thoughtful story with a plot that developed into a mindless sex romp. Don't go the thuther way often.

So frustrating.

Em

Last edited:
A little stroker story? What's that? My non-erotic stories take 6000 words. My latest came from a picture of a chunky young woman jumping into a pond naked from a high rock. 3000 words later, she had jumped naked into the pond but the only people who have had sex are two couple in cars where no one can see. Where is the hair pulling emoji when ya really need it.

I had an idea for a quick mother/son romp that now stands at the novel class.

So frustrating.

Em
I have the opposite problem. I start out trying to write something resembling a story, and while I'm futzing with timelines or some such the characters are enjoying themselves, and then when I try to nudge them along they're 'too tired' and refuse to climb out of their wet spot. Bloody peasants.

Nope. Can't do it without devolving into snarky satire. Last time I tried the "alpha male ravishes a virgin in his lair" thing, it wound up with lines like "CLACK went the bear-trap chastity belt, severing his throbbing, uninvited manhood", and so on.

Reminds me of this century's greatest and most prophetic philosophical work "Idiocracy" where "the number one movie in America was called 'Ass.' And that's all it was for 90 minutes. It won eight Oscars that year, including best screenplay."

Later the protagonist goes on to praise how in the past "People wrote books and movies, movies that had stories, so you cared whose ass it was and why it was farting!"

I'm like that every time I try writing a stroker. :)

I just finished a big project where I really like character, conflict, and theme. I was worried about being able to replicate it. Started writing plot and character...felt flat.

Started over with something kinky, then plot and character started writing itself.

No not really. I like my sex romps with characters and settings I can actually envision and understand.

One of my characters from mindless sex romp A decided she was turning up in mindless sex romp B.

She's now demanding a surname.

I'm going to have to be careful with her.

Whoreys Pier was a pretty straightforward sex romp.
I had to be told what that referred to in New Jersey. Anyway, if the story develops further, than just go with it. I probably couldn't write a sex romp if I tried. Sex is just too emotionally complicated even if the participants are pretending it isn't.

One of my characters from mindless sex romp A decided she was turning up in mindless sex romp B.

She's now demanding a surname.

I'm going to have to be careful with her.
Reminds me of Dark City. Better wipe her memories and reset her.

I'm somewhat relieved this doesn't just happen to me. I had a multi-part story planned in my head. Wrote the first chapter, decided to take write something for the Halloween contest that was going to be a quick little sex romp. Now I've written 3 more chapters for the Halloween story and I am more interested in those characters than the ones from the story I intended to be more fleshed out.

Back