Do you have an acceptable age range? (Aka when is the gap too large?!)

cannot

Cannot believe no one has suggested my range which is above the age of consent.

1. Do you have an age range you stick within?

Do I have a range I stick with? For the most part not really if we are talking about sex. For even at 21 I fucked a woman old enough to be my grandmother just to see what it would be like to fuck someone really old; it was disgusting and would never do it again.

But that aside when I was single I was fucking everything under the sun and I found the best are the moms from 30's and up. But I have ad those 20 something year olds that rocked my world.

However, long term and I tried this with a handful the 20 something year olds just wasn't a good fit for I was in my mid 30's at the time and been there done that. Meaning I had my marriage, I have a kid, I bought 2 homes, I done it all. Someone in their 20's is best doing that stuff with someone that too hasn't done it yet.

2. Does this being online/cyber breakdown taboos about age compatibility?

Not at all. What online/cyber allows is to meet like minded people anywhere. So instead of relying on chance from going to a bar to meeting someone at a party, like minded people (and a lot at a time) go to some site(s) with the same interest and goals in mind. For that reason I had a blast during my time of divorce/single. It's amazing how these kids moms are so naughty; from a kids perspective their mom is an angel when in fact they are evil and I mean in a good way!

3. What’s your experience been when you have connected with someone out of your age comfort zone?

It was fun. I had a 21 year old that had me as her booty call. I didn't try hanging out with her friends so what she would do is go out and party like a 21 year old should then come to my place and suck and fuck the shit out of me, and then by the time it was over she would either pass out or sober up and go home. It was a nice arrangement for the both of us.

Rule of thumb I go for is 1) cut your age in half and 2) add seven. That’s as young as you can go w out it being a -little- creepy.

Plus or minus 10 years although I wouldn't be too restrictive for a fling. Anything long term and the age gap becomes more important

I’m 43 and I tend to prefer similar age or older.... when I first started posting I got a lot of interest from younger men, I am sure some were lying though, there can’t be that many 18 year old jock types here... mid-thirties might be the youngest I’d go... any younger than that and they seem like boys, not men...

I like my men confident, intellectually curious and kind and whilst I am not suggesting younger men can’t display such attributes, it feels like something most grow into with a bit of life experience.

side note - the younger men really didn’t help their cause by tending to make their mommy fantasies obvious... bit of a turn off for me.... plus I have never wanted to the ‘older woman’...

An old times 'minimum bride age calculator' was something alike groom_age/2 + 7 but that's more oriented for socially acceptable 'trophy wife' for a man, and it worth a note that no maximum had ever be given.

The point was, you may try it in reverse as well, but don't be too discouraged by meaningless numbers. We might be just some half century from a cure for ageing, and then what?

Last edited:
Rule of thumb I go for is 1) cut your age in half and 2) add seven. That’s as young as you can go w out it being a -little- creepy.

I got with 'closer to my age than my kid's age' ... apparently my ex-husband didn't have either of these guidelines in his head. It's quite cute - he expected high fives all round, but most people just go 'ew ... really?'. (Having said that, the girl he's dating is lovely, and not ditzy at all.)

For casual sex my range is pretty much adult, mature and willing.

For longer term relationships it’s “my generation”, so + or - 10 years.

If the range is too wide you’ve got less and less in common which makes the relationship part of it more challenging.

At 51, my bottom cut-off would be around 40, and top would be probably late 50s ... but the top cut-off is entirely dependent on the person - if they still like going to see bands, drinking vodka, and are good in bed, then really anything is fine.

I had a year long cyber thing with someone who was in his 30s - he snuck under the radar somehow, and by the time I realised how young he was, I was already hooked. He was lovely, and we shared a lot of interests - and he was amazing sexually. I couldn't ever do anything involving video with him though - part of the problem with younger people is they just make me feel old and a bit fat. (I mean, I am old and a bit fat, but I don't need to be reminded of that.)

My job involves spending all day with people in their 20s. They just tend to irritate the crap out of me. I mean, they're lovely, but they really do live in a different universe.

I married younger, by about five years, and we were really happy. I'm now dating someone who's a few years older than me. I like that - he's really confident sexually, and we both old and a bit fat. It cracks me up - we have really fairly kinky and quite physically involved sex for literally hours, but then when we get up in the morning, we both groan simultaneously because our backs are killing us.

I think there's two main problems with guys who are much younger. The first is just lack of common interests, shared cultural references, etc. The other is this idea so many of them have that you're going to 'teach' them about sex. I don't want to 'teach' someone sexually ... I just want to DO the sex, and do it well.

For casual sex my range is pretty much adult, mature and willing.

For longer term relationships it’s “my generation”, so + or - 10 years.

If the range is too wide you’ve got less and less in common which makes the relationship part of it more challenging.

LOL - this comes as absolutely no surprise. ;)

For me that's not a bad age, but forgetting to add the 7 would be ok too!

I don't really have an age range, I have a tendency towards women older than myself but its by no means a specific criteria. I think the most important thing is having some form of connection, shared interests/life experiences otherwise it can fall flat pretty quickly whether the person is older or younger than you.

But then again I've been in situations where it was just simply about sex so having a connection beyond that was rendered unimportant.

So I guess its down to what you and the other person is really looking for.

I'm 25 and in an open relationship with a 24 year old.

We both mostly look to older age, as we feel they understand more when it comes to sexuality.

Most people are own age would be baffled by open relationships say, but I think people who've been through more experience and more relationships would understand more and would intellectually be on that level. I have found them at my age and had great times with those who either understand or just respect our choice.

I would certainly not be after the older age for the 'older woman' allure, I just think we would click better intellectually and therefore better sexually!

I do however understand the reluctance of those like the OP, and respect being younger does just put some off.

It depends on the context?

IRL - not too much more than 10-12 years younger, or close to my age. Not older.
Fantasy-wise or even for a one-night stand, younger but legal could be doable. But attraction is a curious thing and you never know. :)

I refuse to look at anyone younger than me. I prefer older. Always have, always will.

If I'm going older, beyond 20 years is a little much for me. Uh, no.

If I'm going younger, no more than 8.

I like to stick around my age range or slightly older, I have more in common with these men than someone who is from another generation.

We were talking about this just this past weekend over dinner, one of the girls mentioned (because of a text that came in while we were eating) that an 'older guy' had been trying to date her, they'd been out a few times but he wanted to date steady.

When asked why not she replied instantly "He's too old for me."

She is 23, he is 30.

Rather surprised I gave her 'the eye' across the table and her sister quickly jumped in with 'but you like fucking him and he's in his 50's' and pointed at me.

Her reply was a wicked smile and 'but he fucks me really good and we're not dating, just fucking.'

Apparently there's a difference in 'fucking' age and 'dating' age. LOL

What? That's like a seven year gap and that's too old? Good grief! Years ago, it wasn't uncommon for women to marry men who were like ten years older! This generation Z can be so weird and immature.

What? That's like a seven year gap and that's too old? Good grief! Years ago, it wasn't uncommon for women to marry men who were like ten years older! This generation Z can be so weird and immature.

When I was 22 I thought 30 was ancient.

Back