Disney Heroes [Recruitment Thread]

Lol I'm highly tempted to just put this game to rest since the activity has slowed down considerably.

That will be your call.

If you do it will be the second thread that goes down while I play a villianous role :D

That will be your call.

If you do it will be the second thread that goes down while I play a villianous role :D

A lot of group games I start usually don't survive past the first conflict. It's like that first conflict was the end of the world lol. So I'm used to it. People start stretching themselves out into other games that they neglect the games they started in. Or instead of creating "independent" characters they create "dependent" characters reliant on other writers, and as soon as those writers leave the game, their story ends. It's mostly why I try and try and try to tell people to make independent characters, but a lot of people are incapable of doing such.

I'm going to just put this game down because I mostly see other writers involved in games that they have started and honestly, if their inspiration is currently in those games, then I'm not going to waste their time. I don't want this game to feel like a job. It was just meant to be something fun and I'm sure people enjoyed it while it lasted. :)

And also Tetrius, maybe you're just cursed. :p

It was fun while it lasted Hot. It was a pretty good idea, and would have been fun. Thank you for trying though. Sometimes these things just start at the wrong time as well.

I slowed my posting down waiting for Stalz to do a Herc post. I'm happy to continue, I like the character of Raven...and if it becomes the Raven+Malificient+Mulan show, so be it! I didn't want to overwhelm the thread.

At least I made it past the first scene! Last 2 attempts at this died before the 1st scene was over.

Maybe I should go back to writing by myself. :(

Hopefully 5Things makes it past the first 2 scenes! If not, I might give up on ORPG here altogether.

A lot of group games I start usually don't survive past the first conflict. It's like that first conflict was the end of the world lol. So I'm used to it. People start stretching themselves out into other games that they neglect the games they started in. Or instead of creating "independent" characters they create "dependent" characters reliant on other writers, and as soon as those writers leave the game, their story ends. It's mostly why I try and try and try to tell people to make independent characters, but a lot of people are incapable of doing such.

I'm going to just put this game down because I mostly see other writers involved in games that they have started and honestly, if their inspiration is currently in those games, then I'm not going to waste their time. I don't want this game to feel like a job. It was just meant to be something fun and I'm sure people enjoyed it while it lasted. :)

And also Tetrius, maybe you're just cursed. :p

Last edited:
I slowed my posting down waiting for Stalz to do a Herc post. I'm happy to continue, I like the character of Raven...and if it becomes the Raven+Malificient show, so be it! I didn't want to overwhelm the thread.

You didn't overwhelm it. It was just majority of the people in the game weren't posting or they had characters that just weren't "social." lol. Stalzyn is busy in his other games. But don't worry about it. Maybe you can use Raven in other stories. At least you have a character persona that you enjoy. :)

I think Steel Skies is going to be the project I'll be mostly focusing my energy on as well as Fantasia in its death throes. :rolleyes:

But eh, expect more interesting ideas from me in the future. For now with so many games popping up, I'm going to keep my ideas on the down low.

giphy.gif

RIP, thread thing. RIP.

Hey HotCider Tet and I are going to push on together. Do you mind if we keep going in this thread? Otherwise we can fork to another one. Jade/Mulan would be fun if your interested to come along.

You didn't overwhelm it. It was just majority of the people in the game weren't posting or they had characters that just weren't "social." lol. Stalzyn is busy in his other games. But don't worry about it. Maybe you can use Raven in other stories. At least you have a character persona that you enjoy. :)

I think Steel Skies is going to be the project I'll be mostly focusing my energy on as well as Fantasia in its death throes. :rolleyes:

But eh, expect more interesting ideas from me in the future. For now with so many games popping up, I'm going to keep my ideas on the down low.

If, I don't know, your persistence with this game ever inspires a revival, let me know lol. I thought I was doing everyone a favor by shutting it down. I didn't mind continuing but it just felt pretty lame to have one hero fighting the bad guy by her lonesome when it was supposed to be a group event.

Psh, like anything Raven does is lame!

I'm going to put my head together with Tet to see what he wants, then I'll work on a post tying up the golem event.

If, I don't know, your persistence with this game ever inspires a revival, let me know lol. I thought I was doing everyone a favor by shutting it down. I didn't mind continuing but it just felt pretty lame to have one hero fighting the bad guy by her lonesome when it was supposed to be a group event.

I'm game for continuing. I would be interested in playing more than one character if we're open for that.

Well I am glad we still have our Ella.

That makes for Maleficent, Raven and Ella.

We would definitely need more characters if Jadeknight doesn't want to keep on going with us.

In my mind we go from Player-GM to co-writing. So you would be free to conjure any number of NPCs or additional POVs as you want.

Well I am glad we still have our Ella.

That makes for Maleficent, Raven and Ella.

We would definitely need more characters if Jadeknight doesn't want to keep on going with us.

Hmmm come to think about it, I can actually stay with my underworld characters. Should be fun.

I was thinking of an arc where Mal needs to take out another villain, someone who stole his wings. More like villain vs villain all anti-hero goodness...with Ella caught in the middle! Mulan if we can get her to stick around.

Maybe https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaa seeking to become a dragon?

Hmmm come to think about it, I can actually stay with my underworld characters. Should be fun.

Last edited:
Plot Proposal

Something like this:

The Blue Fairy used Kaa, the ancient serpent, to change into a human girl that Mal fell for. Kaia's charm/hypnosis ability and the BF's transmutation made it a deadly combo. BF convinced Kaa she could use the wings to become a dragon in her own right.

However, after Kaa got the wings, BF turned Kaa back into a snake and disappeared with the wings.

Belle is a direct descent of Aurora and Prince Phillip, and the BF has watched over that line to protect them from Mal (and keep Mal from recovering his wings). Belle is the only person (right now) that could safely "heal" the re-attachment of the wings to Mal.

The wings were given to another fairy (Fauna/Tinkerbell; Green Fairy/Nature) who has used them to give flight to an order of protectors called The Lost Boys, Peter Pan being the weilder of the wings. Peter Pan is equipped with Excalibur, which he was able to steal from Merlin after Merlin was messed up by Raven (see Raven's backstory).

So, we'd need to get Belle's Ring, unlock it so Raven gets her full powers of "Search/Scrying" back to find Kaa, to figure out the BlueFairy is behind it. Track down the BF, take her out or figure out somehow that the Green Fairy/Pan has the wings...then realize that Belle needs to be used to "heal" them back onto Mal's back.

Ella/Mulan could be working against us. Or eventually team up when they realize what the BF is up to (something nefarious'er??)

And all of this while Mal still wants to try and punish man-kind for the loss of his wings. Fun!!

I like the plot idea and would like to go with it if our fellow writers are fine with it as well

Back