Destiny of Life's Circumstances -Closed

Perplexia

Romance embellisher
It had been sometime since she accepted the hand of cards she’d been given. She wasn’t the type of girl that came to London with her aristocratic family for the season. No she lived in the undesirable side with her gambling and alcoholic father who demanded dinner be on the table waiting for him.

What he failed to do was provide her with the funds to purchase meat from the market. Or the funds that would keep a roof over their heads, or candles for light. So every night as her father slept passed out from drinking she would go through his pockets and hide what she found. If he ever noticed, he never said.

There wasn’t hope she would ever escape her life and station. It wasn’t even as if she had hoped to, The more she was left alone to read and enjoy the day of her labors the happier she was. The way she looked at it, her father was merely another hurdle life threw at her. When he came home with a boutique box with a fancy gown. She knew that something was up. He proclaimed innocence and offense at the notion that he would need a reason to buy his beloved daughter a gift. The last gift he ever got her was a ribbon for her hair, when she was six. So now almost 13 years later he bought her a gown that was probably as expensive as their shacks rent.

Charlotte Ives stood in front of the broken worn mirror checking out the getup that her father told her to put on. It was one of the most beautiful dresses she had ever seen. It fit her 5’6 frame perfectly with the corset that snuggled her torso into a v. Apparently a carriage would be arriving to take them into the heart of the city. Suspicion was overwhelming, he was up to something it echoed through every fiber of her bones. But it would soon all reveal itself. In the meantime she might as well take the once in a lifetime opportunity to be engulfed into culture.

The carriage pulled in front of the Royal Opera House and the footman opened her door offering him her hand. Her father followed in his new suit that he forgot to groom his shaggy gray hair and rugged beard. He stunk of cheap rum, and she reminded herself it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Though still she waited for the other shoe to drop. Entering the lobby a well dressed man with beady eyes and hollow cheeks approached them. “This is the girl?” he asked her father as his eyes went up and down her peeling off layer by layer of her clothes.

“My daughter Charlotte, good cook and cleaner.” Her father responded as if her red locks, green eyes, and angelic face wasn’t enough. “Well, let's see how she blends,” the man announced, offering his arm. Charlotte looked at her father, and the man and back again. She scoffed and headed toward the stairs. Her father caught her and grabbed her arm roughly. He scolded her in a harsh whisper advising that she was to be nice to the man. “Why?” she asked him defiantly. “What is your plan? Are you planning on marrying me off? Selling me into servitude? “Do Not Ruin this for me, I owe and it will all be erased for you. You have no other prospects and you are simply a burden.”

Charlotte glared at the man who she had acted as a maid and caretaker for most of her life. People had started to stare with hushed whispers. “Let me tell you how this is going to go.” She advised in a hushed whisper. “You will let go of my arm, you will advise that man this is not going to happen. I am going to enjoy the opera. Then I will go back to the shack that you call a house, that I keep clean for you. You will take back this dress or sell it and pay this person you owe. I do not owe you anything, if anything you owe me for the years you have failed as a father and provider.”

Her father’s jaw dropped open and he let her arm go. Taking the opportunity she made the way to her seat. Sitting there she took a deep breath clamping her hands together to stop them from shaking. In the morning she would have to look into either being a governess or a maid. She was not going to be sold to pay for her fathers debts. The lights dimmed as people finished taking their seats and the production began. When it was over she didn’t bother to look for her father, or the beady eyed man. It was a long walk back to her side of the town. But although a bit cool, it was still a beautiful evening.

"Yes, yes, your debts will be taken care of," he repeated for at least the fourth time. The man across from him stank of the cheapest alcohol. Lord Lemuel Carnevon wondered how someone who drank such swill could amass a debt such as the one this man had, but men were capable of denying themselves many things for their vices. Carnevon had learned that early in life.

That the trading chip in this exchange was a young woman was no surprise, either. It hadn't been the first time a man had been willing to trade one of his own to get himself from deep, dire circumstances. Ralph Ives had begun to explain his situation. Carnevon had stopped him. His was not to question or moralize. He knew if he refused, Ives would simply move to another, likely less... scrutable person to attempt to sell his child.

The agreed trade was the opera. When Carnevon had suggested it, Ive's eyes grew wide. He was sure a person like this wretch assumed he could do the job in a pub or back alley. Calculations for the opera began clicking away behind the man's eyes almost immediately. It was a surety that there was no garb in his life suitable for a night at the opera. Carnevon didn't care. If this was going to happen, he would meet the girl before he agreed fully, and it would be in a locale he found suitable.

Carnevon dressed and, per usual, arrived at the operahouse an hour and twenty minutes before the curtain rose. There were regulars that he met before each performance, drinks to be consumed. It was a ritual he enjoyed, even if many of those he met with were dreadful bores.

He smelled Ives before he saw him. He was dressed well, if cheaply, and would have done well to have spent the pennies it would have cost to visit a barber. Carnevon shook his hand and was introduced to the man's daughter.

Where the father was a wreck, the daughter was anything but. Charlotte Ives glowed. The gown had to have put her father deeper into the hole he was trading her to scramble from, but as with the rest, that was not Carnevon's concern. He courteously offered his arm which the girl took with a withering glare both to him and to her cowering father.

The performance was fine, if lackluster. The lead Tenor tended to be a tad flat in his upper range, and the lead Soprano couldn't act her way out of a wet bag. However, she was pretty, and the head of the company apparently thought that made up for this flaw. Carnevon suspected there was a more... physical aspect to his keeping her around. Nonetheless, it was overall a reasonably distracting evening.

After the performance, Carnevon invited Ives to a smoke - even though he would have rather just sent the man on his way - leaving Charlotte in the box alone. It was apparent the moment they stepped into the room that Ives did not belong, and a few looks were shot their way, but Carnevon passed a small bag of coin to the wretch.

"Here is your debt, paid. Whether it is truly paid now is up to you. If you end up floating in the Thames because you were a fool is none of my business. Our transaction is at an end."

With that, he turned and left Ives standing with the balance of the money they'd bargained for in his hand. Carnevon was fairly certain Ives would feed his vice rather than pay his debt. If he found this stupid, stupid man dead in an alley some day soon, he would feel no remorse for him.

When he returned to where they had left young Charlotte, she was gone. There was no panic. There was only one place she could be. Well, there was only one place she could be headed toward. It was unlikely she had gotten a cab, so she was undoubtedly on foot.

It only took a little driving before they came upon the young woman, determinedly walking toward the place she had called home for all her short life.

Pulling up beside her, Carnevon opened the door and said, "Miss Charlotte, I suggest you come with me. If you'll look toward yonder alleyway, you will see a rather unwelcome welcome waiting for you."

In the alleyway just ahead, there was an unsavory looking gentleman casually leaning against the brick, pretending to be uninterested in the goings-on a little way up the street.

"Doubtless, he intends to rob you, and barring anything worth taking, he may decide there are more... personal things to rob you of."

Charlotte's peaceful walk was soon interrupted by the beady eyed man that had seemingly purchased her from her father.

"Miss Charlotte, I suggest you come with me. If you'll look toward yonder alleyway, you will see a rather unwelcome welcome waiting for you."

Looking down the street she saw the man looming with dubious intentions.

"Doubtless, he intends to rob you, and barring anything worth taking, he may decide there are more... personal things to rob you of." The man seethed.

“So i see” she responded. “Let me make something abundantly clear to you, whatever transpired between you and my father, that was between you. I am not a part of it, I am not for sale, I will not go anywhere with you. You sir may try to scare me of the robbing of my virtue, or any other such drastic plots you may come up with. But in the end I would rather take my chances with a street urchin, than enter your carriage with a man that thinks he has the right to purchase a woman.”

She looked down the street again and then back to him. “Furthermore, if you attempt to take me by force I will fight you to my last breath. So as you see, you should probably go get your money back before he drinks or gambles it away.”

With that she turned lifting her dress so she may walk without soiling it and began to walk away.

Lord Carnevon was rather surprised, but impressed, by young Charlotte's response to the observation of her impending danger.

"Very well," he told her. "I leave it to you to defend your virtue and, possibly, your life. The money I gave your father is irrelevant. The crown will make more. I suspect he will be dead with forty-eight hours, whether he pays his debt or pours it down whatever shithole he decides to waste it on. It's the kind of person he is.

"Farewell, and I bid you good luck with yon young man. Payment or no, if you need help at any point, I can be found."

With that, he closed the carriage door and gave two raps on it with his hand, and the driver began to pull away.

Charlotte watched as the man accepted her wicked tongue. She'd half expected to be hauled into the carriage against her will regardless. Though this still left her in a precarious situation. It had not escaped her that he said her father would probably be dead in 48 hours. That was something she couldn't prevent.

"wait" she found herself saying. "If I enter this carriage will you take me to my home"

She practically bit her tongue with swallowing her pride and having to ask. With the words she had spoken he was within every right to refuse her.

The carriage was preparing to turn the corner when Carnevon heard:

"Wait."

It was a sound that should have escaped him, what with the sounds of hooves and steel-rimmed wheels on cobble, but it came to him clearly, as if there was no other sound in the vicinity.

He called to the driver to stop and the carriage halted. He waited for young Miss Ives to cross the intersection where she stopped within arm's reach.

"If I enter, will you take me home?" she asked with suspicion in her voice.

Opening the door once again, Carnevon assured her: "My dear, you will be taken wherever you care to go. If you wish an audience with the queen, it may take a bit longer to arrange, but it will be done."

Carnevon knew the general direction wherein the girl lived. Looking off into that area of the city, he detected an orangey glow.

Pointing toward said glow, he said, "I believe, Miss Ives, you live off toward yon light, am I correct? It would appear we may be traveling into some commotion."

Thankfully he had heard her and the carriage stopped. Taking a deep breath she looked again to the dubious man leaning on the corner of the alley, watching her. "My dear, you will be taken wherever you care to go. If you wish an audience with the queen, it may take a bit longer to arrange, but it will be done."

She wanted to ask why, when she had made it clear he'd spent his money in earnest. But now was not the time. Entering the carriage he closed the door and said "I believe, Miss Ives, you live off toward yon light, am I correct? It would appear we may be traveling into some commotion."

"Yes it's that way, and unfortunately Lord Carnevon there is generally commotion of some sort that way. It is not what I suppose a man like you is use to. But it is how the other half lives. I will only be there as long as it takes me to get a posting. Then my father will have nothing but his own failings to deal with." The way she said it was rather matter of fact. There was little emotion involved. Years of caring and managing his household had hardened her to a degree. She was to be self sufficient and live life on her terms. Even if the era did not support such endeavors.

"Other than the vagabond, and drunks trying to make their way home it should be rather safe in the carriage." Walking may have been a different story, especially in this dress, for that she was grateful that he had been a man of his word. She thought back on his statement about making an audience with the queen if she wished it. That made her lips curl up slightly as she looked out the window.

The young woman finally boarded the carriage, and they were soon off again.

The closer they came to the glow Carnevon had seen, the livelier the activity around them became. People seemed drawn to it as moths to a flame. Soon the heat could be felt and the sounds of a fire brigade doing their utmost to extinguish said blaze were evident.

Turning a corner, the subject of all the excitement was evident.

A small dwelling was in flames. While the firemen did their duty to extinguish the roaring h one man stood off to the side. However, instead of being inconsolably distraught, he seemed to be dancing.

"Miss, I believe that is your father doing a jig in the gutter there," Carnevon observed.

Indeed, the elder Ives appeared to be rejoicing in the demise of the place he and his daughter called home.

"No!!" Charlotte cried out seeing their shack on fire. "Stop Please" As the carriage rolled to a stop she jumped out. "What have you done you fool" she screamed at her drunk beaming dancing father. "Insurance" he said smirking. "You idiot we rent the shack, not own it, there is no insurance on it."

She collapsed to a pile, the last memories she had of her mother were in that shack. It was all gone now. Tears flooded her face for a few moments and then stopped getting up on her feet she glared at her father with a fire of hatred. "You have taken everything from me, as of this moment you are dead to me." Looking for the nearest fireman she said "This man admitted to setting the fire for a fraudulent insurance payment, he doesn't even own the property."

Walking over to the carriage she brushed off her dress and wiped her eyes. "Lord Carnevon, i realize i have no right to ask any favors of you. You will be in full right to deny me after the way i spoke to you. First, thank you for honoring your word and bringing me home. I was wondering if i may stay in your servants quarter for a night or two while I secure a position as a governess or some such profession."

Carnevon said nothing as Charlotte raced from the carriage and to her drunkenly capering father. No doubt not a coin was left of the money the fool elder Ives had received. Carnevon was certain that once the man had looked into the bag containing the money intended to get him out of debt, all thought of why he possessed such riches suddenly left the poor sot's mind.

After Charlotte had railed at her father for what he'd done, then stormed away, Carnevon heard the man pleading that he now had money to get them a place in a better part of town. Carnevon was confident representatives of the people Ives owed were within earshot. Once they heard of his fortune, they would demand payment, and when he came up short, as he doubtless would, sooner rather than later, no doubt, that would be the end of him.

Charlotte came back, boarded the carriage once more and brooded for some time. When finally she spoke, it was with far less harsh words than had been on her lips previously. After she had finished, Carnevon assured her:

"Certainly you may stay in my home. I am afraid, however, there are no servants' quarters unoccupied. There is a bedroon adjacent to mine that is free. You may remain there for as long as necessary."

The idea of being adjacent to him wasn't exactly an ideal concept. However, beggars couldn't be choosers, and thanks to her father she had no roof, and literally not a possession in the world other than what she wore upon her person. Without Carnevon's assistance she would be sleeping in the streets tonight. First her father sells her off, and the next time he would what? whore her out?.

It had been a long and trying evening. She thanked Carnevon for his kindness and rested her head against the window of the carriage as it took them to his home. She was drained mentally, physically and emotionally. At this point she realized that her well being rested on the kindness of this Lord. Why he was being so chivalrous she didn't understand. He had just spent a fortune to purchase her. Of which she made perfectly clear was not an option.

When the carriage pulled into his estate she looked at its grandeur. Hopefully when she found herself a position it would be in a place such as this. For now she would have to find a way to be a guest in this manor. She clearly didn't fit in to such splendor, and in a way it made her feel quite uncomfortable. Such as she would assume fitting a square peg into a round hole may feel.

Taking the coachmen's hand she exited the carriage and awaited Lord Carnevon to lead her in.

Carnevon watched the girl. Her weariness practically radiated off her. When she rested her head against the side of the carriage, he felt the turmoil inside her. In the span of one evening, her life had been upended. Granted, it hadn't been much of a life, but she had been trying to make the most of it.

When they pulled up to his home, she raised her head and looked out the window at the place. He sensed the unsuitability she felt. It would pass. She had nowhere to turn. While Carnevon hadn't necessarily cared to purchase guardianship over the girl, her father had been quite desperate to make their bargain. Now that he'd actually met young Charlotte, Carnevon felt she deserved to be raised from the squalor she'd known her short life.

She allowed herself to be helped from the carriage, then waited for Carnevon to join her. Whether she'd been taught such things, the girl at least had manners.

Leading her inside, Carnevon said, "Here is your home, for as long as you care to make it such."

With those words, his face changed, the look going from nearing elderly to something only a little older than young Miss Ives' father, his eyes becoming brighter, his hair lighter, the features rather less craggy.

Charlottes eyes wandered the foyer, taking in the shining marble inlayed floors, the exquisite molding, and over all cool but welcoming feel. She wanted to take everything in and remember it. For once she left she'd probably never see such luxury again. In actuality she knew nothing about Lord Carnevon, other than he held some position of status. In her station in life there wasn't much need to know anything but he was her better. For that reason, and his over all kindness despite her behavior she felt a debt to him.

"Here is your home, for as long as you care to make it such."

With the sound of his voice she turned from her awe and looked at him. He looked different than what she remembered at the Opera House. Perhaps her eyes were playing tricks on her, or perhaps she simply hadn't taken a good look at him as she was quite overwhelmed with rage at her father. Though still an older gentleman, he no longer held the beady eyes she remembered, and no longer exuviated the aura of crotchety, perverted old man. His features were some what pleasant to take in.

"I do appreciate your kindness Lord Carnevon, I shan't trespass on your hospitality any longer than possible. If possible Sir, May i get a piece of bread, some water and a bath, if its not any trouble that is. I do not wish to have you wake your staff if they slumber. I can do without quite easily." As she said that her stomach grumbled, in the rush to get to the Opera there hadn't been time to eat the meager meal she had prepared.

She took a look at her dress again. It was all she owned. Perhaps she could borrow a dress from one of the maids so she could take it into town and sell the gown her father had bought. With that she could purchase material to make a couple of lower class outfits to tide her over until she found employment.

Carnevon nodded to a girl.

"Draw Miss Ives a bath, please, Emilie, and find her something suitable to wear after."

To a young man, he said, "Get her something to eat, Gerard. If there is anything left from this evening's meal, that should do fine."

The servants curtsied and bowed in their turn, then bustled off to do as they were bid.

Carnevon then held out a hand and gave a warm smile. "Now, miss Charlotte, if I may show you to your room while you wait..."

Charlotte listened as he gave the orders to his staff to fulfill her requests. She smiled politely and thanked him. Taking his hand lightly she allowed him to lead the way up to her room. Looking at the portraits that aligned the walls on the way up she inquired "Are those your ancestors?"

Taking a slower pace she stopped to appreciate the artwork. "It must be nice to be able to trace ones lineage back and have the stories that go along with them." Her thoughts went back to the few last things she had once had to remember her mother. In one night her father had gone from merely being a weight upon her shoulders, to a human trafficker, arson, and now dead in her eyes. That was not the way it was suppose to be, but unfortunately common practice from the bowels of hell in which she'd been taken from.

Following him further up he opened the door to her quarters. Her room was about the size of the shack she had shared with her father. "This is too much my Lord" she said overwhelmed at the elegance of the room. "I could just as easily sleep in front of the hearth and be fine."

When Charlotte commented on the portraits in the hallway and along the staircase, Carnevon hoped she didn't notice the uncannily strong resemblance he bore to several of the newer frames. He wasn't prepared for such explanations just then... wasn't certain af the girl's reaction to the truth.

A short way down the upstairs hallway, they stopped at a doorway. Opening the door, he turned up the gas, lighting the room for young Miss Ives to see.

At her reaction, Carnevon scoffed, "You'll do no such thing. If I was going to leave you to sleep like a gutter rat, I'd have left you with your father.

"Now, make yourself comfortable, get cleaned up - I suspect Emilie has a bath prepared by now - and come see me in the study across from the staircase when you are ready."

With that, he gave a nod in lieu of a bow, then withdrew.

Charlotte had hoped to take her bath eat a quiet meal and collapse into a wonderous dream land. Yet he wished to conversate. She could not deny the request of her host. Giving a slightest curtsy as he gave his bow, she withdrew into the room and closed the heavy door. Emilie nodded as she entered the bathing room after emptying her last bucket of steaming water into the porcelain tub.

There was robe and nightdress of elegance hung on the door for her. They were conservatively befitting for a lady of station and nobility. "Shall I assist you Madame?" Emilie was asking. "No thank you Emilie, i can manage. But thank you for preparing this so quickly for me." "My Pleasure my lady, please let me know if there is anything else i can do for you." Charlotte paused for a moment. "Actually, i am in need of a servants dress to wear tomorrow."
Emilie looked at her like she had another head growing from her body before responding "I shall see what I can find Madame" "thank you so much"
Emilie nodded did a slight curtsy and left her room.

"Sewer Rat" stuck in her brain from some of the last words Lord Carnevon had spoken to her. Taking off her clothes she slipped into the hot water and the steam take her to a peaceful place. It relaxed her muscles and took her to a peaceful retreat from the days events. The truth was no amount of fancy clothes, large rooms, or fancy bathing tubs were going to change that. Charlotte was comfortable in her station in life. She was never overly ambitious to dream of elevating above her station. The cards had been dealt for her, but it didn't mean she wouldn't soak in every new experience. But she wasn't going to allow herself to be sucked into it.

A tray had been brought in quietly while she bathed and set on a small table under a silver dome. When she finally pulled herself from the now cool bath, she toweled off with the most luxurious threaded towel she had ever touched. Running a comb through her long wet hair, she placed it upon her head and pinned it in. The night dress was slipped over her luscious form, a wonderous cotton blend that provided her a curtain to hide her precious gifts. The robe was a light pink satin which gave her an element of feminine elegance. Slipping on the slippers she sat down and ate the bountiful meal that was left for her. In her own right she was a decent cook. But this went beyond anything she'd ever imagined. Her taste buds were in a heavenly mode of grandeur.

Feeling as if she were to burst if she ate another drop. She wiped her mouth and rose from the chair. Oh how that bed was calling her. Testing it would have been the end to her last burst of energy which made her move out of her room and locate the study in which Lord Carnevon waited for her. Entering it she was taken back by the large amount of accumulated books which lined the shelves. She could spend days in here and never come up for air. "Thank you Lord for allowing me the bath, meal and fresh clothes."

Last edited:
Carnevon waited in the study, finishing some paperwork that had been left for him to review when time allowed.

Feeling the air in the room change, he looked up from his work to find Miss Ives, washed and looking much more relaxed.

"I hope you enjoyed yourself. After the evening you've had, you deserve a bright ending to it "

"I hope you enjoyed yourself. After the evening you've had, you deserve a bright ending to it "

"I did thank you. The bath was sublime and the food was exquisite. Was there something particular you wished to discuss?, or perhaps you could help me understand the particulars of the arrangement you had agreed to with my father. I suppose what I'm wondering if I can be so impertinent to ask, is why of all things would you agree on a street rat?"

Carnevon frowned.

"Ah yes, the 'agreement' between your father and me. He said you would be curious to know what a man such as I expected, entering such a contract. He told me you were a bright, precocious child. Well, his actual words, I believe were to the effect of 'too smart for her own good.'

"The reason I agreed to his proposal, knowing the kind of man he is, is when he described you, you did not seem to have succumbed to the life many of those of your born station seem to gravitate - that is, thievery or prostitution.

"So consider this your chance to move above the circumstances of your birth. However, do not think it gives you any right to treat others with less than the respect they deserve. Just because a person waits on you grants you no rights to abuse them. We all serve some purpose, or can, given the chance of either blood or opportunity."

"Forgive me Lord Carnevon if I'm suspicious of that 'reason', as not being the whole truth. People rarely just do things out of the kindness of their heart without expecting something in return. Rest assured however, while I reside here and look for employment i shall behave with the utmost respect to everyone. I understand the dedication and sacrifice that goes into caring for another beings needs. If anything I hope to lend a hand if you'll allow it."

The least she could do is work for her meals. Charlotte has left out a response to his comment about moving above the circumstances of her birth. She knew who she was and found a special self reward in achieving things on her own. Her father had tried to make her feel as though she was beholden to him for his providing for her. That was not going to happen again. Yes if need be she would scrub floors, but it would be for a paycheck. It would be her choice.

"With your permission Sir i would like to retire for the evening. It has been quite the day."

Carnevon let Charlotte speak. She obviously did not like the idea of having been purchased. It hadn't been his intention to do so, but her father had insisted. Until a few days prior, he had never heard of Charlotte Ives, nor her father. And why should he have? IF the elder Ives had not sought him, their circles would never have intersected. Now he had met the young woman, he was loath to release her back to a life of uncertainty.

When she mentioned sleep, he said, "Oh, I apologize. I forget sometimes that other people use nighttime to rest. A skin condition causes me to do much of my carousing at night. I can bear very little sunlight. By all means, retire. The matters between us can wait until morning.

Just down the hallway, Carnevon could hear two of the staff fucking. It didn't matter which ones. All his staff fucked one another, male and female, male and male, female and female. Sometimes in larger combinations. The energy they expended in such activity energized him. Charms and spells he'd cast around the house assured that anyone dwelling within his walls would have such urges and would act upon them. He gained the most strength when he took part, but just the residual was sufficient. It kept him from having to indulge his more primal need, which was far more destructive, both to those around him and to his own sense of self.

As it was apparent he wasn't going to offer any other explanation when he said ""Oh, I apologize. I forget sometimes that other people use nighttime to rest. A skin condition causes me to do much of my carousing at night. I can bear very little sunlight. By all means, retire. The matters between us can wait until morning." Charlotte nodded taking that as her being excused to get some rest. With a slight curtsy she thanked him again and went back to her room.

Oh how that giant bed was calling her. Once under the covers and with the blanket pulled up she was out in a matter of moments.

____________________________________________________________________________________

With morning brought a new day. The reluctance of crawling out of bed was her utmost problem at the moment. When she first woke it took a moment for her brain to catch up. The thought of, 'I need to get breakfast started, I need to go to the market' etc followed by wait where am I, then the memory of what had happened, caused her to groan.

It also brought a new perspective to her situation. Lord Carnevon, despite the money he shelled out for her, had been nothing but a gentleman. There hadn't been any inappropriate behavior on his part. He could have taken full advantage of having her in his residence, yet instead he maintained the same gentleman behavior. Perhaps she was looking at this wrong. She was a good person, and had been slaving since her mother died to take care of her father. Charlotte stayed true to her mothers wishes and attended school, taken care to keep the house clean and cook for her father. She ensured the bills were paid, even though it required taking money from him while he slept to do so.

Perhaps she should listen to what he had to say instead of being so mule headed. When would she ever have an opportunity like this again? A day dress had been laid out for her with what she required to wear beneath it. Emilie knocked lightly and entered. "Oh good Miss you're up, would you like me to help you get dressed and do your hair?" Charlotte looked at the contraptions that went beneath it and nodded. "yes please and thank you Emilie" she said with a soft smile. Once she was dressed and her hair was styled to perfection Emilie let her know that breakfast was ready. Thanking her once again she took a moment to gather her composure and made her way down to the breakfast room.

When Charlotte's footsteps could no longer be heard, Carnevon rose and followed the sounds of sexual activity to their source.

What he found was a pair of young women locked in mutual pleasure, while a pair of young men did the same. His charms and spells were working, as usual. Standing in the doorway, he felt the thick, hot waves of erotic intensity crackling through the air and into him.

For some minutes, he merely stood there, drinking in the power people in the throes of such pleasure could generate. His cock grew stiff at the sight, sound, odor and energy produced by the activity before him. Casually he disrobed until he was as nude as the others. Stepping up behind the girl whose ass was exposed to him, he pushed his erection into her hot, juicing cunt. As he fucked her, the rejuvenating energy he'd received at the door intensified tenfold. The circuit of power the women produced circulated through each of their bodies and into him.

When he was satisfied from this coupling, he turned to the pair of men, whose energy was no less incredible. Taking advantage of the hole presented him, he shoved his cock - still slathered with lubrication from the girl's drenching quim - into the young man, who received him with a muffled grunt.

As he had with the women, Carnevon fucked, the men's power flowing into him as they pleased one another. When he'd had his fill, he pulled away.

Cleaning himself with a cloth from the basin in the corner, he strode out, leaving his clothing where it lay.

A bit farther down the corridor, he glanced into another room and found the cook, a woman older than the previous quartet, laid in her bed, fingers of one hand madly caressing between her legs while the other mauled an ample breast.

Carnevon stepped in, ducked his head between the woman's legs and took over for her fingers. The energy that flowed from her bloomed tenfold when her climax struck.

Sated for now, he retired for the night, basking in the sustenance he'd received.

The servants knew of the charms and spells Carnevon had cast. They accepted and reveled in the freedom, even if the spells implied such freedom was false. Hedonists they were, and they served his purposes perfectly. Greatly, the magicks Carnevon had employed were to aid in his being able to harness the powers they created for his own purposes.

Eventually, morning came, as it always did. He dressed and awaited Miss Ives' arrival in a room that let in natural light from outside, but was furnished such that he could avoid it.

When Charlotte finally stepped in, he rose to greet her, stopping at the edge of a particularly bright patch of sunlight.

"Good morning, my dear. I trust you are well rested? Emilie took good care of you?"

"Good morning, my dear. I trust you are well rested? Emilie took good care of you?"

“Good Morning Lord Carnevon, yes i slept wonderfully well, and Emilie has done an excellent job. I hope you are doing well, Sir?.”

She gave a slight curtsy and took her seat. They presented her foods to place on her plate. “I have never had so many options over what to eat. It’s quite overwhelming actually. This whole experience has been confusing to me. What are your hopes if I were to stay Lord Carnevon, your plans that is. Do you hope to put me out in society and marry me off?” Her tone was genuinely inquisitive over what his plans were.

“If I’m going to consider this opportunity you placed in front of me. I would like to know the truth about what your plans or hopes are. In return, I shan't jump to any rash conclusions until I've had time to properly consider the alternatives.”

Charlotte was in utter heaven with the meal in front of her. Though she didn’t quite take into consideration the corset that was on her. “Oh I think I quite over did it. Please excuse me.” She started to rise and instead began to swoon into a faint.

Back