Delighting (closed for ERedBoyd)

rockinzoe

Experienced
Delilah Smyth-Hammond was nervous.
There was no need to be, she was only returning to the office on a part time basis as a personal assistant, she knew it would be fine, her previous work had been much more challenging but she had been thriving in it. The problem was it was her husbands company she would be working for, she was nervous others would only see her as the “Wife of boss” titting around in a job until she gave him a child. In a way they would have been right.
She had been swept off her feet by him, they had met when he needed some legal advice from her firm, he had somehow got her on a dinner date and the rest was history. Everyone told her not to do it, someone at 40 who had no wife or child was not going to settle down, she would be used and dropped as soon as he was bored, but he hadn’t. Instead he moved her into his within 6 months and married her at a private ceremony on some beach in the Seychelles. Despite his protests they had a prenup, she would still walk away with a very generous allowance if she did, but it was a fraction of what she could have taken, people already spoke of her as a young gold digger, she needed it to prove it was the man not money she wanted.
She had worked, for the first year from meeting him she continued in her own job, but oh how he moaned about it.
“Do you not realise how bad it makes me look? How can I have a wife who has to work, I can support both of us. It makes it look like my company is struggling, that I am struggling for money! I mean you don’t want to work when you have our child do you, so why not enjoy the time for now, childless and free.”

She had relented, had given up her career, became a kept woman, and how bored she was!

Endless lunches, exercise classes, shopping trips with other wives and girlfriends. Making herself spare on the days when the cleaner came in, they had a chef a couple of days a week too, all the things she would have done to kill the time.

It had taken a while, she had pleaded with him, persuaded him, it would only be a low paid part time job she would take on to stop herself going insane, she couldn’t stand sitting around waiting for him to come home. His partner was in need of assistance, she could help a few days a week and at least it would be within his own company instead of her getting her allowance she would just receive a wage instead.

Still she woke up for her first day nervous, she didn’t really know anyone in the office. She had been to the odd party and had met his partner but never spoke to anyone after the events. Trying to get the right outfit was a nightmare, Mark had given her no help, the women wore skirts and pantyhose, not her usual choice but she could play the part. It had given her an opportunity to have a meaningful shopping trip, to kit herself out in designer workwear.

Delilah had applied a light smear of makeup, her hairdresser appeared early that morning to style her dark auburn hair in half up-down curls, a black velvet bow holding it all in place. On went a simple black pencil skirt and white blouse, Chanel of course, followed by small black suede heels.

She felt strange walking into the office attached to her husbands arm, her eyes flickering from side to side appraising the other women in the office, it eased her a little to see her outfit would fit right in with theirs.

“That’s mine over there” he pointed to the rear right hand corner to a glass walled office, as he led her to the one on the left.

Her new employer was already there, she recognised him from a handful of introductions, but in that moment couldn’t remember his name at all.

“Delilah, you remember Ethan right?” Mark asked opening the door to his office.

Ethan Phipps sat at his office desk in the CIO's (Chief Investment Officer) office of Phipps and Hammond's Investments staring at a news story which had just come across his news feed on one of the dozen monitors which had mounted to the south wall of his office. A terrible storm had just hit Brazil knocking out a number of factories and nearly the entire sugar crop of the country. For most, it was the time to remove the investments of most companies but not him. He was a gambler and he saw an opportunity that was prime for the taking, if he moved quickly.

The phone chirped and he glanced away from the wall saying, "Yes?"

Tammy Worth, his temporary assistant, spoke through the intercom, "Sir, Mr. Hammond and Mrs. Hammond are here to see you."

"I told you they don't need chimed in, just let them through." He growled as he ran his hands frustratingly through his shoulder length brown hair with some frustration. He would have to get rid of the tart as soon as he could. Mark, his partner in crime and Chairman of the Board for the firm had asked him a few days ago about help with finding his wife... Deanna or something, for a position at the firm. Normally, he wouldn't interfere with the HR process in hiring people. He or Mark would tell HR what kind of work needed done and what positions needed filled and HR would go through the work of hiring. However, being Mark's wife, he had made an exception for his friend.

Delilah, you remember Ethan right?

"So that was her name... Delilah, not Deanna.' he thought to himself.

Ethan smiled and set his glass of iced tea on the edge of his table. With one last glance at the storm report, he turned to walk across the way to greet the new arrivals. He put his people face on, the one he wore when interacting with people which involved a smile that never really reached his eyes and offered his hand to the woman.

He recalled seeing her only two times before. The first was at the annual shareholder's party in when the couple had first come together. A second time they had met at their private wedding in which he had been one of the two witnesses to the event. Other than that, the only time he heard about her at all was through the photographs on Mark's desk or the stories he would tell.

He wasn't sure what to make of the woman up front. His gut told him she was a gold digger. She was shapely and petite, a beautiful red hair which caught his eyes, and pair of legs that would catch any man's attention and desire to be the one between them. He said, "Ahh... Delilah... yes! It is finally a treat to get to meet you again. Mark speaks so highly of you." He gently took her hand and kissed the back of it with his eyes locked on hers.

Ethan was a man who was what they would call... old school. Chivalry was a part of his code of conduct personally. It did put him at odds at times with some of the more progressive women in the company, but so long as he was the CEO, he would treat women with dignity. He had driven the dress code for men and women in general... men and women wore class A's during the week and Class B's on Fridays. Class A referred to business suits for men and dresses or skirts and blouses for the women. Class B's meant they could wear a more relaxed code so when he saw what Delilah wore and how it accentuated all the right parts, he was pleased.

Ethan was a large man, 6'4" in height, 275lbs in weight. He had spent his youth on maintaining his physique and he paid off for him in his later years. He wore a pin stripe grey suit and tie. his suit jacket hung on the coat rack near the door. He said, "May I offer the two of you a drink?" All for the sake of being polite. That Brazil situation needed to be handled, but this was first.

He offered each of them a seat in the couch and poured up a couple of waters for each and offered them to the couple and then sat across from them saying, "So... what brings you out of hiding, Delilah? Mark here tells me you are ready to get back to work. That true?"

She had forgotten how strange he was, this Ethan Phipps, there was something cold and distant in his eyes, something quite unpleasant. Delilah was starting to question if she wanted to work for the company after all this when he kissed her hand. She clung onto her husband as they sat and took the glasses from him.

“So... what brings you out of hiding, Delilah? Mark here tells me you are ready to get back to work. That true?"

“I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t” she chuckled slightly looking between the two men. “But yes, I just need something to do during the day for a bit, something that makes me glad to get home at the end of the day… and it’s not like I have never worked before, even in an office.” She was stumbling over her words as she spoke. Her foot lifted up slightly from the floor, about to cross over her knee, before she remembered her skirt. Instead she crossed her ankles, tucking them under the chair, her etiquette teacher would be proud.

“I just want to have a purpose really, until a greater purpose comes along.” Christ she sounded stupid, “I mean, Mark mentioned maybe I could do something here, for a bit. If you agreed of course.”

She had avoided looking at either of them as she rambled, only glancing up at him when she had finished, her eyes drifting between his and exploring the room, it really was strange she had never been here before

I just want to have a purpose really, until a greater purpose comes along
Instantly, Ethan thought, 'Really? Just... a purpose? What a ditz....' he smiled though as she kept going....

I mean, Mark mentioned maybe I could do something here, for a bit. If you agreed of course.
'Of course I agreed, otherwise you would be touring some other part of the firm...' Ethan couldn't help let slip into his head. He didn't say that though, rather, "Well of course I would agree. Mark and I go way back... he is one of my best friends on the planet and we built this baby from the ground floor up." His eyes shifted to Mark and added, "You remember working out of my garage when we first started out Mark?"

His eyes shifted to his friend who smiled and nodded returning, "We set up shop between the hockey equipment and the drum sets... I remember. What a time... we had nothing and now....."

"Now we are nearly $1 Billion in net worth... that's right!" Ethan said with a chuckle and turned his attention towards DeeDee... no... not DeeDee.... Delilah and said, "Well, since my last secretary decided to take an extended leave of absence, I happen to have a job open as my secretary. Right now, Tammy, one of our forensics accountants volunteered to step up to the role till I found a replacement. I am sure Mark has filled you in on the role. Mostly, managing my schedule, being the gatekeeper between me and the team out there, as well as clerical work. Now, I will tell you up front, Mark works mostly the domestic markets... here in the states which is great and all. Gets him home at a reasonable time, I work the overseas markets so sometimes I got to work really early and stay late to monitor the markets. About a third of the team maintains the same shifts I do to support the markets. I hope that will not be a problem. I will keep your hours at a level you feel comfortable with though, if a little unusual. How does all this sound for you? Is this doable for you?" His eyes never left hers, though she seemed to not want to make eye contact with him.

He wasn't a fan of no eye contact when talking. He wanted to see into the windows of the soul when he talked with people so if she stayed about, he would have to work with her on that. On the outside, she would represent him and she would not do it by not making eye contact. He studied her as she glanced to Mark... and waited her decision.

A billion? She didn‘t know it was that much, she really had been generous with the prenup agreement. However she quickly focussed back on what he was saying, unusual hours, lots of admin and of course she would have to work closely with this man. She would have to question Mark about him more that evening, he seemed so closed off, a little intimidating in comparison, but the two men had been close, she couldn’t imagine her love would build such a bond with just anyone.

Her face lit up as she grinned at Mark, she had a job! She really had to chastise herself for a moment, a couple years out of employment and she was suddenly delighted with a low level secretary job. She was aware of his eyes staring at her, they were so intense she was now doing everything to avoid them.
”Of course I can do that!” Her wide smile was back, “I mean I know the plan was only for a couple of days a week, but I have got plenty of flexibility to work more if required.” She looked to her husband for reassurance, permission almost, his smile faltered for a moment, she would have to be her most charming to have him accept her away for extra days. Besides he would here with her, if anything he would get to see her more.

”I would love to,” She finished looking at Ethan, “Am I needed to start today?” She imagined poor Tammy would be desperate to return to her own job.

Ethan was pleased she had accepted, but only because it made Mark happy and it paid in dividends to keep your partner in business happy. He wasn't overly impressed with Delilah honestly. She seemed... okay. Her dress attire was ... okay. Her mannerisms were ... okay. Truth was he didn't really hold high hopes she would stick around for long. This was more of a doing a solid for Mark, rather than hiring a solid secretary.

He smiled at her though and shook her hand with a nice firm grip and said, "Today? I am sure if you got nothing going on, Tammy can start to familiarize you with your new position for a few hours if you want. Mark, that good with you?"

Mark raised his hands up in mild surrender saying, "You are her boss now... it's your call. But I really appreciate it."

The three of them stood up and said a few more cordial words to each other. He then called Tammy in as Mark left to head to his own office, which was on the opposite corner of the building. Tammy could best be described as a woman who was just past her prime. In her early 30's, 5'8", 135lbs. She wore a rather eye catching cobalt blue dress with nude stockings and matching blue heels. Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail and wore only a little makeup, mostly to cover up any blemishes.

She smiled at Delilah and then looked to Ethan and said, "Yes sir?"

Ethan said, "This is Delilah Hammond, Mark's wife... but of course you know that. She is going to be taking over as my secretary. If you wouldn't mind, go ahead and start showing her the ropes and make sure she visits HR to finalize the paperwork if you would. Get her a welcome basket with all the goodies too if you would."

"As you wish sir. Anything else?" She asked as her eyes shifted to Delilah.

"I think that will do. Oh... send Simon in... we need to talk about the Brazil thing..." He said as his attention shifted back to the scene playing out on the monitor.

"Yes sir. If you will come with me..." She said as her eyes shifted to the new secretary.

As they reached the door, Ethan said, "Oh... Tammy... one thing..."

"Yes sir?" she said as she paused and looked back at her.

"That is a really nice dress you have on today. You should wear it more often." Ethan said as he continued to study the TV.

She smiled and stepped out with a little pop in her step...

Tammy was not at all as Delilah had expected. She hadn’t entirely been sure what she had expected but the women who strode into the room had this aura of confidence that the younger woman certainly lacked. The blue fabric of her dress seemed all the brighter, bolder eye catching in comparison to her own monochrome outfit. For the slightest of moments she felt a little jealous, Ethan or Mr Phipps as she was probably expected to call him, seemed to have barely given her that much real notice, whereas Tammy he seemed to have given his entire attention to, she had seemed to radiate with it, it had made Delilah wonder if she had ever radiated that way. She had stood somewhat dumb fixed watching the two of them, him listing instructions and Tamy just obeying, no notes taken either.

Tammy inclined her head away from Delilah as a motion to follow and began speaking to her as soon as she started walking.
”Nice to meet you, so here take this” she had picked up a notepad and pen as she passed the next desk, handing it back to her and pausing only a moment before she began to talk.

”So your outfit, look around it’s too boring and frumpy,” Delilah had already started taking a note and was about to protest it was vintage Chanel but never had a chance as Tammy went on, “It has to be less office attire and more business cocktail” ‘right like that’s a thing!’ She thought to herself as she went on, “keep it in cool tones, Blues, Blacks and silver, never white and never Pants. But legs should never be bare, always need to have them covered.”

Delilah’s head was swimming slightly as she realised she would have to make a shopping trip to a hosiery department pretty soon. Her hand scribbling utter nonsense on the paper ‘blue’ ‘no bare legs’

”Hi Sophie can you get a basket from the cupboard please, oh and” Tammy stopped suddenly swirling round to face her, “It doesn’t matter how well you know him outside,” “I don’t really but” she was interrupted again “Doesn’t matter, you address him as Sir at all times.”

”Sir” How was this a thing, how did grown women speak to him like he was a school master? Did women call her own husband ‘sir’ she certainly wasn’t doing that.

Before she had more than a moment to breathe they were off again, “I will leave you with Zara in Hr, he will be wanting a drink in the next half hour oh and Brazil,” Tammy paused looking at her “You should pay attention it could be bad.” The door to the office closed behind her and left Delilah alone, well not quite

”So you are the new one huh? Need to get a better wardrobe” came the voice of ‘Zara from Hr’

25 minutes later she was heading back to his office, oddly nervous at her first task alone, she could see him talking to someone else, it looked serious, private, like she shouldn’t interrupt, but also she had been told he would want a drink, she didn’t want to be found totally wanting on her first day. After a moments hesitation she lightly tapped on his door and opened it just enough that she could step inside, keeping her face turned from the two men just in case there was something she shouldn’t see.

”Uh…. Would you like something to drink…Sir?” Well the first one would always be the hardest.

Ethan and Simon leaned over the boss' desk looking at a set of charts regarding some of the funds that would have to be addressed with this storm. Ethan said, "Listen, I think this warrants a trip down to Brazil. Who is our agent down there?"

Neither of them heard the door open or of the soft words of request as they were so focused on the task. Simon said, "Carlos Alvies if memory serves. You want me to call him up?"

Ethan straightened up at that point as he eyes locked on Delilah once more and said, "I am sorry... did you want something?" Clearly not the sharpest tool in the kit.

She repeated her request and he smiled at her saying, "Sorry we didn't hear you the first time. Yes... a couple of smart waters would be nice. Simon?" He nodded in return and Ethan said, "Perfect. A couple of waters..."

When she had come back, Simon was on the phone now speaking fluent Portugese to a man on the other end. Ethan walked over and said, "It looks like we may have to postpone your start date till Monday." He took the proffered drink and said, "I got to take a flight down to Brazil and look over a few of the factories down there."

Simon got off the phone and turned to Ethan and said, "I have the executive suite at the Copacabana Palace for you."

Ethan nodded and took a swig of the lukewarm water and then gave a grimace and capped it, handing it back to her saying, "I meant cold bottled water in the fridge. I should have been more specific. There is a fridge behind your desk that holds them. Can you go get them please."

Seeing her leave and still not impressed at all, he called up Mark and said, "Hey... I am going to have to take a spur of the moment flight to Rio. There are a couple of factories that process sugars that I need to get a better look at before I decide what to do. Delilah will have to start Monday."

"Why don't you take her with you? She needs to learn the job right? You fly more than any two men I know and she needs to get used to it." Mark said on the phone.

He looked at Simon a moment and then said, "You want me...to take your wife... to Brazil and stay with me... for 3 days?"

"You are my very best friend Ethan... if I can't trust you to take care of my girl, who can I? You will take care of her right?" Mark asked.

Something seemed almost... enthusiastic about his responses which seemed.... odd. He said, "Of course I would."

"Well then, there you go. Take her with you. We have nothing planned at the moment." Mark said calmly.

"O...okay." Ethan said and then added, "I will make the arrangements once she gets back." He turned and hung up the phone only to find her in his office staring at him... mouth partially open. He said, "Umm... how do you feel about a business trip to Brazil with me for a few days?"

Delilah stared at him, he was definitely insane if he thought she would just jump off to Brazil with a stranger. Mark would never allow it for starters!
”I would need to… I’m not sure if Mark would be ok with it to be honest.” She looked over to her husbands office, before looking back at Ethan. This had to be a prank, something all arranged for her first day. She smiled before leaving and heading to the other office, it was a little early to be giving her the “new girl” joke tasks surely!

As she walked into her husbands office her grin was wide, “You must think you are so funny,” Delilah chucked as Mark looked away from his screen towards her,

”I am funny, but tell me what exactly have I done that is particularly funny?” He asked as she leant back against his desk

”Brazil?! On my first week, I’m gullible but not quite that bad!” She laughed, expecting him to laugh with her.

”I think it’s an excellent idea, you get thrown in the deep end, learn the business and maybe brush up on your tan for a couple of days. Whilst I get to work, miss you and imagine you in one of those little tiny bikinis the women wear. It’s a win win.”

She looked back over at Ethan’s office, aware she had just wandered out, quite rudely if she really considered it.

”You are really sending me to Brazil?” He smiled at her, taking both her hands in his.
”Of course I will miss you terribly, but this is part of the role, you go where he needs you to go and he needs to go. Besides when you come back I will make up for all the time away, I can spend the weekend revisiting all my favourite Delilah bits.” She was still stunned, gave him a quick kiss before heading back to Ethan. She knocked on the door, entering before waiting for a response.

”So, Brazil. What do you need me to bring from the office? What do you need from me?” She stood, pen in hand a short distance away.

Ethan smiled as she walked back into the office and said, "Well, you manage my schedule, so you will need to need your laptop for starters. Talk with Tammy about the rest though. Simon set up the trip this time around so you didn't have to worry about it, but you will need to know how to book the corporate plane, hotels and what not. I don't really work those details out which is why you will need to."

He looked to Simon and said, "We is the plane going to be ready to depart?"

Simon glanced to her and then him and said, "It is ready now to be honest with you."

Ethan turned and looked to Del and smiled saying, "Nothing like a last minute trip. I would encourage you after this trip to keep a luggage bag on standby here at the office ready to fly at a moments notice. Do you think that say.... 2 hours is enough time to run home, gather up some things up and meet me at the airport?"

He saw her seemingly shellshocked but slowly nod. He said, "Good. Then grab your laptop, meet Tammy and go get your things. It's going to be a bit of a whirlwind tour to pack for walking. I will see you at the airport at say... " He checked his watch and said, "11AM. That is two and a half hours."

Ethan watched her as she turned and left the room. His attention quickly turned to Simon and said, "You got everything ready on your end?"

Simon nodded and said, "On it. Have a good trip."

After Simon was gone, he saw Del talking to Mark a moment, taking his keys and then racing out of the room. He walked over to his office and said, "I got to hand it to you... that takes balls. Not sure I would be strong enough to let you take my wife with you on a business trip... "

Mark smiled and said, "We have known each other a decade old boy. If I can't trust you, who can I trust? Just don't do anything ... shady okay?"

"It's me we are talking about." Ethan popped.

"Exactly." Mark retorted with a curve in his eyebrow. Ethan patted him on the shoulder and said, "See you Saturday."

He headed back to his office and as he got there, he noticed Tiffany standing inside his office waiting. Curious as to the unexpected visit, he stepped in and said, "Hey Tammy. What's up? I am sorry you aren't going. I figured since...."

"This isn't about that. I don't want to go. I hate traveling you know that. This is something else." Tammy said with a serious tone glancing briefly over at Mark in his office and back to him.

"Oh?" Ethan said. He added, "You need some privacy?"

"If you don't mind sir." She same calmly as she fidgeted with a tablet in her hand.

Ethan flipped on privacy mode for his office causing the clear walls to turn opaque and sound to not travel. He said, "Okay... you have it. What have you got?"

"Sir... you have a fox in the henhouse sir... look...." She unlocked the tablet and began to show him what she had found.... and Ethan stopped smiling.

He was insane! She had been right, clearly he had no idea about women at all! 2 hours to get herself ready? She managed to walk calmly out of the office and down the stairs before she took off, sprinting as best she could in her shoes. It had been sheer luck that there was a taxi stopped only a few feet away, practically throwing herself into the car she puffed out the address. The driver tried to have some sort of conversation, she thought, but her mind was racing with what she needed, an inventory of clothes flying through her head.

In her home she raced upstairs, hauling the small case out the back of the wardrobe and throwing it open on the bed, she needed clothes, sensible workwear clothes. Opening her drawer she started with the basics, throwing a handful and underwear and a spare bra in, followed by a pair of short pjs, her only other pair of pantyhose and a pair of grey heels. Her wardrobe, she would need to do some serious shopping soon to fill it with more boss pleasing looks, but at least she had a grey sleek dress, a navy skirt with a white satin blouse. Whilst most items had been thrown in she took some care folding the clothes to protect them in their travels. She paused a bikini in hand, there probably would be no time to hit a beach or even a pool, but she would throw it in anyways, just in case. Her makeup from the morning would be snatched up and thrown into a bag, along with too many hair brushes and appliances to make sense, other items were added before the zip was forced closed on her case.

Delilah looked at the clock, it was 1015, she grabbed the case, her passport was dropped in her handbag, a bottle of water from the kitchen and was back into a taxi by 1030, panting, flushed and feeling like she had already ran a marathon.

It was only as she arrived at the airport she realised there had been no specified meeting place, this only cemented her belief this was indeed her newbie prank, as she climbed out the taxi, half expecting to find Mark there laughing. Either that or this was a very inefficient way to capture women for the sex trafficking business, she could see it now, they would marry women before selling them to the highest bidder. She must be mad.

Ethan stepped out of his office with his travel kit rolling behind him about an hour later. He kept a rolling luggage case ready with clothes and a garment bag for his suits and ties. He also carried his laptop case with all the documents in it as well as a new addition, a certain tablet in a tablet case. He glanced towards Mark and gave a half smile as he walked passed his office to the elevators.

Mark stepped out of the office and said, "Hey... BigE... you are going to take care of things right? You are going to keep her safe? She has been to Brazil before but just for vacation."

Ethan stopped at the elevator and said, "Of course. Your precious wife is in good hands my friend. I will see you in three days." After a nervous nod by Mark, Ethan slipped into the elevator and headed down to the road. He had a car waiting on him and got it loaded up and was soon on their way. It was a good 30 minute drive before they were pulling up to the corporate entrance to the hangars. He was amused to see Delilah standing outside of a cab looking confused and on her phone talking, presumably to Mark.

He said to the driver, "Pull over here." Ethan rolled the back window down and looked up at her saying, "I realize that I don't think I told you exactly which hangar we are parked in. That is my fault. Please... put your bags in the front and join me back here."

He waited as she complied and then as she got into the back seat next to him, he tucked away the tablet once more and said, "Continue on driver." He looked over at her and she clearly looked nervous. This hips brushed against each other in the back seat and he said, "Are you okay? I apologize for the confusion I may have caused for not giving you more direction, but I am pleased you got to the main entrance. Which reminds me...."

He reached into his laptop case side pocket and pulled out a lanyard with the company logo on it as well as her new shiny identification badge. He handed it to her saying, "You will want to wear this at all times, particularly down in Brazil. Each badge as a GPS locator built into it so if we one of us gets lost we can find each other."

The car pulled up to a Gulfstream 700, which was one of the best planes in the industry. They crawled into the cabin and were met by a young attractive stewardess in her mid 20's wearing a black skirt and service coat. He smiled and shook her hand and said, "Vicki! So you are on the rotation!"

She smiled and shook his hand and took his laptop case saying, "Yes sir. I am at your service the entire trip." There was glimmer of meaning in her eye when she said it and then glanced back him to Delilah and said, "Oh... pardon me miss. I didn't realize you where there. My name is Vicki Smith, your private flight attendant as well. Please let me help you with your bags."

Ethan smiled at her and headed to the first section of the plane which included kitchenetter, a small dining area, and a variety of plane seats. There was a TV set up as well as a wet bar and a few other provisions. Vicki took both their bags and headed back to the bedroom suite in the back of the plane and set them on the bed. When she returned, she said, "Once you are both ready seat belted in, we will take off. May I get either of you a drink?"

"I will take my usual please." Ethan said with a grin.

"Scotch on the rocks it is... and you ma'am" Vicki said clearly under the assumption she was Ethan's date, rather than assistant."

Delilah was almost a little relieved when the window rolled down to reveal Ethan, maybe it wasn’t a prank or sex trafficking incident after all. She handed over her bags and climbed in, the car seemed smaller inside than she expected, pushing them a little too close together for comfort. The pass she tucked into her small bag, at least if she got lost or anything they would be able to track her, if she was honest she wouldn’t have been surprised to find Mark had already injected a tracker into her as she slept.

Despite everything she had never flown in a private jet before, naturally she was used to first class but this was something else. As she stepped inside she had temporarily ignored the woman as she looked around the cabin, her eyes glanced back at the stewardess as she spoke to her. Delilah looked her up and down, the hint of a smile sat in the corner of my lips. The woman- Vicki, looked like she would have dropped to her knees to suck his cock if he asked, something a little cheap about her she couldn’t help but think, before scolding herself for being so catty.

She had watched her go, curious as to what was in the back of the plane, what else did it need after all?
Deliah had sat herself down on one of the plush chairs and pulled her belt around herself as she was asked the question, politely she smiled

”I, uh don’t think I am allowed,” she glanced over at Ethan, “I’m at work and honestly it’s a little early for me to have a drink.” She laughed hoping to not offend too badly

Ethan waved a hand lightly and said, "Nonsense! The boss is having a drink... you can have one too."

He turned his eyes back to the attendant and said, "You make those frozen drinks... what did you call them again?"

The attendant smiled and said, "I can make Margarita, daquiris, bahama mamas, screwdrivers, sex on the beach, pina coladas, and jamaicans." She said listing off her recipes..."

"You now what... scratch the scotch... Make us a couple of sex on the beaches... nice and cold what do you say? Sound good with you?" Ethan said as he glanced momentarily towards Del, but then glanced back to the attendant and said, "And go ahead and tell Scott we are good to launch. She does the best sex on the beaches I have ever tasted. When I hired her, I looked for particular attendants with certain skills you see. She can manage the cabin of a plane, bartend, gives amazing massages, and can even give me a run for my money in chess." He reached out and touched Vicki on her hip as he spoke to her in a little too familiar kind of way.

It didn't take by about 10 minutes though for them both to have their drinks and the plane was taxiing along the access lane, preparing to turn onto the runway. He looked to Delilah and said, "Best buckle up. This is a wonderful plane, but these smaller planes tend to not handle turbulence as well as the big boys like the 747." He clinked his drink with hers and then sipped on his frozen concoction and rolled his eyes in sheer pleasure as he said, "My god Vicki... you outdid yourself again! This is amazing!"

The plane left the earth and soon was at 30,000 feet. Sure enough, there had been a bit of turbulence and at one inopportune moment as he was drinking his drink, it hit and caused him to spill his drink on his shirt! Vicki quickly came over to help him, but he politely excused himself and said, "no biggie. I will change shirts. No problem."

He unbuckled and headed to the back of the plane, partially closing the partition though not enough to block Del's view of him as he peeled out of his shirt and undershirt, tossing them into a basket in the corner. He dug into his garments and hunted for an new shirt and undershirt, oblivious to any eyes on him.

Vicki, at one point, bit her bottom lip as she saw the same thing that Del could see and when they met eyes for a moment, she looked away and blushed. Ethan was a shapely hard man in all the right places.....

Delilah had nodded as she listened to him sing the praises of the cheap hostess in front of her. To her she seemed more like a prostitute who flew as opposed to an air hostess. Her eyes widened as he touched her, there was definitely something a little too close that was making her feel quite uncomfortable, like she was the third wheel on this particular plane.

She took a small sip of her drink as the plane started rushing along the runway, now Delilah had had sex on the beach before, this one was more vodka and peach snapps with very little taste of cranberry or orange juice at all. She sipped again, wondering how little she could get away with drinking, it was only her first day after all. It was only her first day! How did she end up here? Ethan already seemed a little different from in the office, he was somewhat less serious and stern, she had feared he would do nothing but ignore her and command her, perhaps not after all.

He had surprised Delilah by not hitting the roof when the drink spilled over him, she is not certain how Mark would have reacted, but then again the drink was quite strong. As he stood and headed to the rear of the plane her phone buzzed, she pulled it out, she has a missed message from Mark, knowing she wouldn’t be able to reply she left it on her lap, that was when she noticed the steward. She was standing quite still staring at the curtain, her eyes focused on it, Delilah followed her gaze catching a glimpse of Ethan’s bare skin. For a few moments she couldn’t look away, for a man of his age he was in great shape, her own husband could be described as a ‘dad bod’ in comparison. Quickly Delilah looked away, her eyes met Vicki who blushed and suddenly needed to be much busier than she had been. Yes, something way too familiar there.

When he re-emerged clean and dry she had been looking out of the window beside her, anxious to not show they had been staring through the gap, clearing her throat she asked,
”It’s been ages since I have been to Brazil, how long is the flight again? And I suppose I should ask what is so urgent you have to go today?”

Ethan looked over at her as he sipped on his drink and said, "Question 1) The flight will take about 12 hours. We will have to make a stop to refuel once though so closer to 14 hours I would imagine."

He saw her eyes widen as he noticed Vicki glance to him and wink. He smiled and shook his head no ever so faintly and then shifted his eyes back to Delilah and then said, "That should put us wheels down around 7AM in the morning. I have a series of meetings starting at 8AM with the Fontaine Colas Company, the Rubbiza, and Biotecnia. Each of these companies are about to go into a ....."

She had hit his groove about what made him so good at his job. He got to talking stocks, investments, short and log cap gains, Capital Tax Gains, and potential investments. It was evident he was very deep into the weeds as he laid out his general reasons which ultimately boiled down to, a large group of stocks were about to be released to the public for purchase and contacts on the inside were giving him the inside track to lock in a certain percentage. Before he could make that decision, he needed to see the breakdown of each company both online and in person to decide if the investment was worth it. Marcus didn't really notice the glossed over look coming from both Delilah and Vicki as he talked.

When he was done, he said, "So that is why we have a limited window. I have plans to fly to Thailand next week, Rome and Sicily the week after. I am looking at scheduling a couple more trips as well Edmonton Canada and the UAE after that. I told you, I travel a LOT..." He smiled at her and noticed the glaze a bit before he sipped on his newly refilled drink once more. He said, "Listen, there is a bed in the back of the plane.... if you want, how about you go settle in and get some sleep. I will kick back here and watch a game or something if you want. Trust me... we are going to be busier than a pair of rabbits in the spring time when we hit the ground in the morning."

Back