Colleen Thomas RIP May 26, 2006

i haven't been over here for a long time, and now i nearly regret it. colly and i didn't speak a lot, but when we did she always made me smile.

it is very hard to believe, but may she rest peacefully. it seemed that quite a bit plagued her here on earth, so take comfort in knowing she may be happier now.

:rose: :heart:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

John Donne:

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved with Mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

If Donne were alive today he would have probably written 'any man or woman's death' - for that is what he meant.

Colly's death diminishes all of us.

Og

My love and condolences to those who hold Colleen Thomas in their hearts.
Gi

Reading all this in shock and disbelief, checking the dates to be sure it's not April 1.

Colleen, to know the world is without your light and wisdom and creativity makes this a dimmer place, which I can only mourn with my own tears and sharing the loss with those who knew you. I regret that more people didn't get the chance to share your warmth, humor and love with you while you were here.

Rest in painless peace, you have been the spirit of grace and beauty. Wherever you are now, I want to visit when I've gone.

Everything seems so small, in the face of such a huge loss. Colly was one of the kindest souls I ever met. She was also tough and articulate in ways most of us could only ever aspire to be. She inspired me in ways she never even knew. I'm going to miss her so much. :rose:

It's been a long while since I posted in the AH. I hate for this to be the reason for returning.

She was a beautiful person that made this world so much better a place to be. She will be missed, but hopefully we all will carry a little of her with us forever.

:rose:

In honor of our friend I've installed a "Colly civility check" program and will try to run all my posts through it, but my organic computer does not have the power to operate it with full efficiency.

I don't have a single PM from Colly saved on my computer or still in my PM inbox and I really wish I did.

The Earl

I saved a chat log of a conversation between Colly and I concerning story research, and I'm glad that I have it during this difficult time.

*sigh* I didn't know Colly nearly as much as I wanted to but what I knew of her will be with me forever. She was the most amazing and caring human being. She understood that sometimes what we say isn't half of what's in our heart. She made me see some basic simple truth and for that I'll be eternally grateful to her.

You'll be missed Colly, thank you for being you. :rose:

When I was young and immortal nobody died. My best friend was killed in a road crossing incident, he didn't die, I just never saw him again, ever.

As I grew only old people died. They'd been around long enough anyway.

When I worked with old people quite a number of them said (and still do) that they've really had quite enough of being alive and are often surprised when they wake up in the morning.

Many years ago, when people I knew and cared about died, and when I had my first intimations of mortality that's when I found them in the breeze hushing through the boughs and leaves. That's when I saw them in the setting sun and they'd smile at me again and warm my face. That's when they would howl at me on starless empty nights in driving rain. And that's when I would feel them shiver through me and take their place to be immortal in the cells of what remained.

Just as mother's milk provides for growth and the examples of parents and siblings, friends and enemies shape the person you are, so too does "Hello." or "Welcome" by strangers. They change who you are. They change what you can become.

And whether you remember them or not, they become a part of you. They belong to you. They are you.

Cheers Colly.

To those who knew and cherished Colleen, I offer my heartfelt condolences..... and this quote from Boris Pasternak's novel, Doctor Zhivago:

"You in others - this is your soul. This is what you are. This is what your consciousness has breathed and lived on and enjoyed throughout your life. Your soul, your immortality, your life in others.

And what now? You have always been in others and you will remain in others. And what does it matter to you if later on it is called your memory? This will be you - the you that enters the future and becomes a part of it."

This came to me just now. :kiss: :rose:

For You
by RedHairedandFreindly

Heaven’s gates opened wide
when you the angel slipped inside.
They swung freely in the breeze
and Saints fell on bended knees.
They took some time to catch their breath,
for in your face they saw not death.
But the beauty of a gentle soul,
whose words told stories that made us whole.
When you passed them they stood once more
and Heaven’s gates closed its door.
Now we on Earth find envy there
and wish we could sit back and stare,
Upon the face of sweet romance
and one more time, share one last dance.

There is nothing I can really add or say to what has already been said. The loss of Collen is a major loss, not only to her family, but to the Literotica board. Colly was very intelligent and very willing to defend a position she had taken. She will be missed. :rose: :rose:

I'm considering this thread as the "wake," and the other one as the place for eulogies, so I'll post this here: We all need smiles and hugs right now. In a "virtual" way our community is sitting together in a room holding hands and telling Colly stories, laughing and crying together, saying nice things to each other. Good for us.

:heart:

Last edited:
Roxanne Appleby said:
I think this thread is the "wake," so I'll post this here: We all need smiles and hugs right now. In a "virtual" way our community is sitting together in a room holding hands and telling Colly stories, laughing and crying together, saying nice things to each other. Good for us.

Exactly.
Mindy and I did a lot of reminiscing last night. It helped. Ok, we shed tears, but that's what we do when we lose something special.

Just focus on the good stuff people, share your stories and memories on the memorial thread.

matriarch said:
Exactly.
Mindy and I did a lot of reminiscing last night. It helped. Ok, we shed tears, but that's what we do when we lose something special.

Just focus on the good stuff people, share your stories and memories on the memorial thread.

J and I just did exactly that on the phone for over an hour. Good memories, and good times. We feel so blessed for having been allowed to know her.

Roxanne Appleby said:
I think this thread is the "wake," so I'll post this here: We all need smiles and hugs right now. In a "virtual" way our community is sitting together in a room holding hands and telling Colly stories, laughing and crying together, saying nice things to each other. Good for us.

Yes. Yes, that's it exactly. I wish I had known her better so I could have some of those stories to share.

Like others have said, she was a lot of what made this place what it is, a lot of what was good and special about it. I've been around for a while, I'd make a few posts then be off again not coming back for maybe a month or three. The scene at the AH continually evolves, people come and go, different types of threads become popular while others go out of favor, then it all switches again. But one constant was Colly's posts. Whenever I came back, no matter what had changed I would always see something posted by her and say to myself "Oh, this is going to be good!" and it always was, in an intelligent, insightful, heartfelt way that made me happy to be here reading her words.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Back