CHYOO3 good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amalgam

Really Experienced
I'm noticing that some o ya'll are on Chyoo3. Is it much better than Chyoo2? Are you enjoying it more?

Once we got moderator's the need for Chyoo3 went away really. I forgot it existed really,as I've not visited it at all this year.

chyoo3(chyoo.net) was created because chyoo2(chyoo.com) was not being updated for a long time.

Hey -- it's me, ofhabit, the idiot that made chyoo3/chyoo.net.

The responses detailing that I created it because chyoo2/chyoo.com were not being updated are correct. Unfortunately, I was sidelined by real life for a good long while there, and was not able to devote any time to chyoo.net upkeep, maintainence, or improvement. It appears now that chyoo2/chyoo.com is back, which makes me glad.

I'll probably be closing chyoo3/chyoo.net any day now. I recommend, if any of you have stories on there that you have not migrated back to chyoo2, that you do so soon. I find that the "archive" feature on chyoo3 is helpful for this. I'll keep a backup of the data around myself, but there's little point in paying the monthly fees for hosting chyoo3.

I am still interested in the upkeep and features of chyoo in general, though, so I'll try and get in contact with the administrators of chyoo2, and see if they want another programmer.

Apologies to all for making big promises and hints and then not carrying through.

Sincerely,
ofhabit

ofhabit2 said:
Hey -- it's me, ofhabit, the idiot that made chyoo3/chyoo.net.

You are nothing near an idiot. You provided a reasonable solution to the problem of the time that worked. You have nothing to be beating yourself up for.

Apologies to all for making big promises and hints and then not carrying through.
As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to apologize for. You did better than the pros at chyoo2, while keeping a day job.

Thank you for a job well done.

I certainly appreciate the kind words, Torg.

I don't suppose anybody around here has contact information for the site administrators for chyoo2? I'd love to contribute once again to the site and the community, if they're interested in this sort of contribution (programming, etc).

ofhabit2 said:
I certainly appreciate the kind words, Torg.

I don't suppose anybody around here has contact information for the site administrators for chyoo2? I'd love to contribute once again to the site and the community, if they're interested in this sort of contribution (programming, etc).
The only contact we have is 'setic' on this board.

He is responsive eventually, though it may take a month to get an answer.

Torg said:
You are nothing near an idiot. You provided a reasonable solution to the problem of the time that worked. You have nothing to be beating yourself up for.

As far as I'm concerned, you have nothing to apologize for. You did better than the pros at chyoo2, while keeping a day job.

Thank you for a job well done.

Hear, hear!

Three cheers for Ofhabit, for keeping the fires burning!

And a good deal of reverse engineering.

-Z

Zingiber said:
Hear, hear!

Three cheers for Ofhabit, for keeping the fires burning!

And a good deal of reverse engineering.

-Z

Indeed!

Chyoo3 was a great alternative and only suffered because .com came back to life. I feel pretty sure that if Chyoo.com was still dead Chyoo.net would be absolutley thriving! :)

Looks like there was once an actual CHYOO3. If the code exists, maybe we can use it as a base to make the upgrades to CHYOO2 everyone's been talking about. Ofhabit2, if you are out there, please contact me.

I guess I will just have to pray to the Angels and the Divine that something eventually comes of this. :)

I'm noticing that some o ya'll are on Chyoo3. Is it much better than Chyoo2? Are you enjoying it more?
I didn't know that Chyoo 3 is even up and running yet. If it is I can't find it.

I didn't know that Chyoo 3 is even up and running yet. If it is I can't find it.

You've seriously got to stop necroing old topics and start observing the dates of these posts.

There was a CHYOO3 once before, a few years ago. By 2008 (when I became a lurker), it was pretty much abandoned if it wasn't gone completely, since the old one had been updated slightly and was given moderators. Thus why we need Friedman and his crew to make a new one.

And on the note of necroing, thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back