Breakfast foods and beverages on tropical islands

LongDraw

Really Really Experienced
What's your favorite tropical food & drink?

Hello everyone, your favorite new author to Literotica here. I'm in the process of writing another chapter in my novel and I've elected to have the scene start with a tropical island themed breakfast out by the pool area, which is the de facto "Town Hall". I've done some research as to popular and traditional foods and beverages on tropical islands, but seeing as how the closest I've been to that myself was when I spent a month in the Panama Canal, my experience is not exactly what I think the reader will desire. So I'm going to post a list of foods and a list of beverages, if you could please respond with your top 3 favorites from each of the two categories, I would appreciate it. I know it's a long list to select from, but I wanted to provide options.

Thank you in advance!

Foods:
Shrimp-and-Avocado Salad with Mango Dressing *used in story*
Tangy Tomato and Mango Salad
Coconut Pavlovas with Tropical Fruit
Hearts of Palm Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
Grilled Pound Cake with Mexican Chocolate Sauce and Tropical Fruit
Toasted-Coconut Custard Tart
Spicy Lobster-Noodle Salad
Ika Mata
Curried Eke (Octopus)
Banana Poke
Rukau
Rori
Tuna Sashimi with Sesame Seeds, Carrot and Noodles
Conch Fritters, The Bahamas
Kalua Pig, Hawaii
Mofongo, Puerto Rico
Habichuelas Con Dulce, the Dominican Republic
Barbados: Coucou and Flying Fish
Trinidad & Tobago: Crab & Callaloo
Dominican Republic: La Bandera
St Lucia: Creole Bread
Jamaica: Jerk Chicken
Montserrat: Goat Water
Ackee and codfish
Oxtail
Curry goat/mutton/chicken
Fish Escovitch
Brown stew chicken
Run Down (run-dun) *used in story*Nylonian
Pepper Pot Soup
Macadamia Nut Pancakes

Beverages:
Rhum Swizzle *used in story*Nylonian
Coquito
Tropical Fruit Sundaes
Mai Tai
Killer Bee
Painkiller
Piña Colada Sunrise Cocktail
Frozen Rum Runners
Bahama Mama
Vanilla Pineapple Margarita
Lava Flow
Hurricane
Blue Lagoon Cocktail
Island Affogato
Sunset Rum Punch
Beachside Daiquiri
Bikini Martini
Ruby Rum Buck
Scorpion Bowl
Tiki Cooler *used in story*
Fog Cutter

*Thanks Nylonian for catching the double listing

Last edited:
I notice "jerk" is listed twice, not sure if that's an oversight but I thought you might like to know. In terms of my favourites: Kahlua Pig, Jerk Chicken and Rundown. In terms of drinks: Mai Tai, Hurricane and Rhum Swizzle.

Thanks Nylonian, I'm going to use your recommendations on the scene section I'm writing right now for one of the members of the group getting breakfast. Hoping to get some more recommendations from others here. I wish it was a simple matter of pick a food and drink and done, but I'll be bringing up the recipe for the food and drink, looking at ingredients and flavor profiles of them to enhance the scene, so it's still a lot of work, but your suggestions give me a launching point.

I had one wife choose these:

jamaican-run-down-recipe-15-of-20.jpg

rumswizzle.jpg

Last edited:
Still hoping I can get a least two more people to recommend food and drink choices. Hoping to avoid my culinary restrictions.

Back