Both stories sent back with an accusation of using ChatGPT?!

OldKenDoll

Barbie’s Boy Toy
I’m a complete newbie, submitted two stories, had them both published, I logged on yesterday and they had both been Sent back with the following note:

Literotica is a storytelling community centered on the sharing of human adult fantasies. While we do not have a policy against using tools to help with the writing process (i.e. spellcheck, grammar suggestions, etc.), we do ask that all work published on the site at this time be created primarily by a human.

I am a software engineer and use ChatGPT for my work, but I never use it for writing, so I am very confused. I’ve reached out to a kindly sub, but does anyone have any experience of this kind of thing? Support process, appeals etc seem very opaque here …

It's becuase you're an unknown quantity to the editors, so they'll be more likely to reject your stuff. It's a false positive, which happens to all writers at one time or another.
A PM to laurel will (eventually) get things sorted for you.

Remember, in spite of its size, Literotica is still a Mom and Pop shop, so be patient!

It might be worth getting someone to take a look at what you've written, to see what might be triggering the objection.

What's a "sub" in this context?
I meant sub-editor, I guess Volunteer Editor - it was the only suggested remedy in the communication with me
It's not the worst rejection I've ever had, but certainly the first one to ever accuse me of breaking the rules of content creation ... :censored:

Dear Writer,

Thank you for your submission to Literotica. We appreciate the time and effort you've taken to write a story and submit it to our site . However, we've found that we cannot post your submission in its current form. The checklist below may help you in re-examining your manuscript.​

• Literotica is a storytelling community centered on the sharing of human adult fantasies. While we do not have a policy against using tools to help with the writing process (i.e. spellcheck, grammar suggestions, etc.), we do ask that all work published on the site at this time be created primarily by a human. Please see this FAQ for more information: https://literotica.com/faq/publishing/publishing-ai
Please feel free to re-submit the story after a Volunteer Editor has examined it, or after you've made revisions. You can find a list of Volunteer Editors here.

Please consult our Writer's Resources section and make sure you read our submission guidelines.
If you have any questions on these, please let us know.

Thanks for your time, and look forward to reading you again!

Laurel & Manu
Literotica.Com​

I'll be curious to see if this is the real reason, or if it might be some kind of misunderstanding. And if so, does it apply to all content or just text stories. There's a big question brewing about images.

I'll be curious to see if this is the real reason, or if it might be some kind of misunderstanding. And if so, does it apply to all content or just text stories. There's a big question brewing about images.
Not a lot of text there to misunderstand (in the explanation I was given)

But there may be misunderstanding in why the message was sent, or if the wrong message was sent and the reason for rejection is something eltirely different. That happens more often than people realize.

But I'm beginning to wonder if English is your first language.

I meant sub-editor, I guess Volunteer Editor - it was the only suggested remedy in the communication with me
It's not the worst rejection I've ever had, but certainly the first one to ever accuse me of breaking the rules of content creation ... :censored:
OK, but this is spinning wheels, I think. On the rare chance you'd get a volunteer editor to look at this, I have no idea how they could decide whether it was written with AI assist or not. That's not really what editors do.

You can also try to resubmit the story and in the notes field explain none of your text is AI generated and there maybe a misunderstanding.

The screening process here is minimal due to the amount of stories every day so sometimes rejections are mistaken based on a hair trigger response to something they think is in there, so I'd give that a try.

OK, but this is spinning wheels, I think. On the rare chance you'd get a volunteer editor to look at this, I have no idea how they could decide whether it was written with AI assist or not. That's not really what editors do.
So who does that then?

But there may be misunderstanding in why the message was sent, or if the wrong message was sent and the reason for rejection is something eltirely different. That happens more often than people realize.

But I'm beginning to wonder if English is your first language.
I’m beginning to wonder if reading comprehension is your strong suit.

You can also try to resubmit the story and in the notes field explain none of your text is AI generated and there maybe a misunderstanding.

The screening process here is minimal due to the amount of stories every day so sometimes rejections are mistaken based on a hair trigger response to something they think is in there, so I'd give that a try.
Thank you for the advice, done

So who does that then?
This is a whole new rejection line. I have no idea how Lit. either reliably identifies something using AI as assist or how the process of correcting for it is going to work.

This is a whole new rejection line. I have no idea how Lit. either reliably identifies something using AI as assist or how the process of correcting for it is going to work.

No idea how good this is at detecting if it was AI written but it says it can help. I just tried it on half dozen different story snippets of mine and it said 100% human generated.

https://www.scribbr.com/ai-detector/

My guess is that the owners have decided to run the database corpus through one of these checkers, and then just relied on the results. A very unfriendly approach, but I'm starting to understand the vibe around here now ...

My guess is that the owners have decided to run the database corpus through one of these checkers, and then just relied on the results. A very unfriendly approach, but I'm starting to understand the vibe around here now ...
Most likely resubmitting with the declaration that it's all your own work will probably work.

Last edited:
Back