Bistro Bijou

Status
Not open for further replies.
can I sit and jingle quietly in a corner I've just had email giving me hell for comment I put on poem perhaps I should learn to keep my mouth shut ... god I can't believe what I just got accused of

can I sit and jingle quietly in a corner I've just had email giving me hell for comment I put on poem perhaps I should learn to keep my mouth shut ... god I can't believe what I just got accused of

Were you purposefully mean, Annie? I can't imagine you were. Some people are just assholes, doll. This is why nerds invented the Ignore List.

Say whatever you like, my friend. I've received those kind of messages, too, over the years--email and pm. I just put em on ignore, though on occasion I have taken a moment first to remind them that this *is* Literotica, not the effing Atlantic Monthly. ;)

Were you purposefully mean, Annie? I can't imagine you were. Some people are just assholes, doll. This is why nerds invented the Ignore List.

Yeah, What he said!

*sounds of Shank pondering*

what was the third serving in Babette's Feast???
cockcombs?
yum

no - no it was not Crispy Smoked Cockscomb Ranch Gnocchi, but what the hell was it????

Maybe I was or the recipient took it as such but when it comes to child abuse or poems about it I do tend to let rip when I should just keep quiet. It wasn't just that the poet was upset ... that I expected .. it was what I got called. Maybe I should just give this site a miss for a while I thought I had let my childhood all go but seems not and at least anywhere else I go I am less likely to be called a child molester

Maybe I was or the recipient took it as such but when it comes to child abuse or poems about it I do tend to let rip when I should just keep quiet. It wasn't just that the poet was upset ... that I expected .. it was what I got called. Maybe I should just give this site a miss for a while I thought I had let my childhood all go but seems not and at least anywhere else I go I am less likely to be called a child molester

*hugs*

Don't give the site a miss because of one idiot, darlin. Slap them on your ignore list and carry on. I would personally hope that one bad apple would not ruin the whole bunch of *looks around* bananas :D

DON'T YOU DARE.

This place would be far poorer for your absence.

Hey, we all get into comment-based snits occasionally. You gotta just let it go, or tell your pals and we'll get all Terminator on 'em. (The former choice is really always best, but sometimes we can't quite relinquish something that easily)

Who will do our morris dancing? You look so cute in all those bells. Smitty did an excellent job there.

Quick, somebody distract the Witchling with ice cream and cookies and shiny objects.

Hey lookit what's happening round my part of the world at the moment:

weather radar

c'mon now Cowgirl. Come sit by me and I'll scritch your back and tell you how cute you are.

bj

You can reach it. You just have to use patience, and a LOT of lube.

You are talking about... Wait, you're not talking...

:eek::eek::eek:

There, see how hard they work to cheer you up?

Made me lawl, anyway.

It's natural punchline day here. Exchange from this morning:

me: I have to do a bit of research this afternoon. I'm teaching the Divination class tonight.

Himself: So how will the class go?

*rimshot*

bj

Nooooooo, Annie, nooooooo. Turn around. I'll reach it for you. Anything...
Don't go. You're glue around here. At least one of us has to be nice. NOOOOOOO...

Okay, raise your hand if you've never been pissed off by anything you've seen or heard on Lit.

*scans the vast desert for any hint of hands, sees not a single one*

there ya go. That's why we have the Bistro.

bj

We all have ghosts that lurk in our souls, some have ghosts more powerful than others. You fight your way through them and remember that they're in the past. So if someone or something resurrects the ghost, it no longer has any power over you beyond that which you grant. My ghosts, to me, are a reminder of those things I surmounted. Don't be letting a dark moment here send you off. We need a blonde presence here to lighten our days as well. As we are all here for you.

Besides, who'll open the bistro every morning? I'm still groggy when you pop in and give the day a bright start.

Ahhh, Annie. I wish I could erase inaccuracies such as the writer of that poem is shouting when she calls you cruel names. Until a person knows another soul's complete story they risk committing such damage when they place hurtful labels on them.

That's what's happened here, y'know. I think there are two who suffer in this instance but neither can see beyond their own entrails to be the sort of sweet and light they think everyone expects them to be. Don't let someone else's words ruin your more accurate image of your heart. I think many of us know how you are recovering from your agonies of childhood, Annie and I can't help but ache with you.

Don't be gone too long, if you decide you need to go for a while. We are less without you and I hope you feel that we here, in some small measure complete you, too.

There, see how hard they work to cheer you up?

Made me lawl, anyway.

It's natural punchline day here. Exchange from this morning:

me: I have to do a bit of research this afternoon. I'm teaching the Divination class tonight.

Himself: So how will the class go?

*rimshot*

bj

*snort*

Brilliant.

Never never again will I comment on anyones poetry if I say I like it I am shot in the back and if I don't I am slandered.. anyway don't spose I could do without u hoi polloi so hugs all round tomorrow is another day

Never never again will I comment on anyones poetry if I say I like it I am shot in the back and if I don't I am slandered.. anyway don't spose I could do without u hoi polloi so hugs all round tomorrow is another day

no no no you have to go comment on all my little poops and tell me how wonderful they are.

I'll even tell you all my secret alts so you can tell me they're wonderful too.

hint: I am actually Homburg.

bj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back