in wetness. Thighs, lips
parted and damp. The doctor
said as required and I need
it all the time, part my thighs
open my mouth and say,
Ahh.

Yow!

hi darlin.

I sure wish I could write good poems just right off the cuff like you and Ange do.

Me, I have to bang on them for months to get any good out of them at all.

A little lunch? I have some quiche that just came out of the oven, or if you're a little fragile from all those Neo-Bubblies last night I could whip you up a smoothie...

bj

mmmm.. quiche would be lovely. I'm going to start pool physio this afternoon. It should be fun.. it'll definitely be wet.

As a note of interest for any of you who watch Discovery Canada, there's a show at 8pm (Mountain) this evening, that takes you on an F18 pilot training course with a group that went through last year. The base is just outside my back door, virtually, I can see the tower from my deck. It allows a glimpse of what goes on in the fighter jock world. It's called Jet Stream and tonight is episode 2.

Yow!

hi darlin.

I sure wish I could write good poems just right off the cuff like you and Ange do.

Me, I have to bang on them for months to get any good out of them at all.

A little lunch? I have some quiche that just came out of the oven, or if you're a little fragile from all those Neo-Bubblies last night I could whip you up a smoothie...

bj
Oh, and BTW. Quick is as quick does. Mine are formula words that get a rise almost every time. I mean really, parted lips and thighs. That's just pure pandering to the masses, but I like the great unwashed, so I pander without shame.

mmmm.. quiche would be lovely. I'm going to start pool physio this afternoon. It should be fun.. it'll definitely be wet.

That should please neo.

I envy the pool activities - swimming is one of my favorite things.

Bacon and spinach quiche or salmon with carmelized onions?

I was thinking of decorating this place with the Ekphrastic thread. We could post the poem in a frame next to the artwork.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I want to combine this thread with another one I considered a while back, regarding leg-humping. Tuesdays are now leg humping day at the Bistro.

See, I think there are a lot of people around here who deserve props for the various things they do. Case in point, and the first subject of leg-humping here: LeBroz. Patient, kind, diplomatic and genteel, he chugs away at the Archival Review every day, just because he cares and wants to showcase some work that would otherwise be lost in Lit obscurity. I don't know about others, but I routinely check in on that thread to get inspiration, and find it regularly enlightening.

Leg-humping is also available upon request for those who wish some encouragement or kindness or are feeling a little down. Just come on in and ask, and we'll figure out some kindness that will hopefully improve your day. I know sometimes writer's block can really mash down a sensitive poet, and if often helps to be reminded that you've already proven yourself and may just need a little break and some encouragement.

Leg humping is also extended today to templeminded. Adorable, blithe, celebratory and completely oblivious to conflict and politics, she's in nearly every day to leave cute little bits of wisdom from her charming point of view. Consider your leg humped, sweetie. Keep writing. You always cheer me up.

Champie, I've humped your leg so often you're probably wearing pants made of roofing tarp by now, so I figure I'll spread it around a bit.

nice green salad to go with that quiche? I just made some raspberry vinaigrette.

bj

Last edited:
Oh, and BTW. Quick is as quick does. Mine are formula words that get a rise almost every time. I mean really, parted lips and thighs. That's just pure pandering to the masses, but I like the great unwashed, so I pander without shame.

nothing wrong with parted lips and thighs. Big fan, myself.

bj

On the outside looking in
through windows
smoked by a thousand breaths.
Distant glasses ice splintered
dulled roar of the crowd
in rhythm

~

From the outside

Well the nonexistent sun is over the imaginary yard arm, lay one on me. A flagon of your finest malted Scotch please, - well, a small glass maybe?

Smooth joint you've got here Ms. Bijou.

Well if it's not too mundane do you ever knock up any Sangria? oops I believe 'knock up' has other conotations !

I'm hunched over my coffee and cream
in the corner reluctant to excuse
myself and face the exercise that pulls
and draws tight flesh from bones
as cruel physios invoke screams
from adhered scars that refuse
to release my tormented flesh. Skull
grinning rictus as teeth clench, moans
leech from my throat and I must go.

This Bistro will have some odd hours.

Since I can only get internet at work, but not at home, I'm mostly on during the day. However, I expect that everyone will just help themselves to the buffet and drinks if I'm not around... I do regret not having 24-hour access. Someday we'll have more than stone knives and birchbark out at the farm...

In our small town, there was for many years a curio shop run by a charming, crazy old dude named Fred. He kept odd hours and often just let various friends run his shop for him. But it was always best to go in when Fred was actually there. He had a full sized, real wooden Indian statue that he'd drag outside whenever he was in residence at the shop, so there was a big sign on the door that said:

When the Indian is OUT, Fred is IN!

I'm going to forego the racist version of this and put a Venus de Milo reproduction outside the door whenever I'm here, but of course, even when I'm unable to be behind the bar myself, the bistro's always open.

I've hired her to fill in for me at the bar when I'm unable to be here. Think Notorious, that early bar scene when she's wearing that stunning striped blouse and drunkenly asking Cary Grant if he'd like to go on a .... picnic....

It's cold, wet and snowy here in Kansas today. So I've put on a big vat of hot chocolate, and another giant coffee urn full of our special winter drink, hot apple cider spiked with cinnamon schnapps.

I'm thinking if we add a cinnamon stick and garnish it with a chocolate-covered peppermint stick, we could call it a Wicked Eve.

I am the mother of all things, and all things must eat their vegetables and wear a sweater...

bj

This week's impromptu Bistro Survey.

* Favorite soup for cold weather?

* Celebrity Lapdance: Who would you choose?

* Best poet for cheering you up when you've lost your mojo? (Can be a poet on this board or one of those Regular Famous Ones)

* What's that one thing you've been trying to write a poem about for ages but can't quite make it work yet?

* You walk into a bar and the first song you hear on the jukebox proves that you're definitely in the right place. What song is it?

* What's the finest compliment you ever got?

have fun. And have some soup - it's cold out. I've got french onion, tomato florentine and cream of asparagus, among others.

mmmm. soup.

bj

bj

Favorite soup for cold weather? I like chicken tortilla, or some sort of soup containing potatoes

* Celebrity Lapdance: Who would you choose? Hmmm... Male or Female??? I would have to say Brendan Fraser and Drew Barrymore

* Best poet for cheering you up when you've lost your mojo? (Can be a poet on this board or one of those Regular Famous Ones) When I'm blue, I like Emily Dickinson since every single poem can be sung to the tune of "The Yellow Rose of Texas"

* You walk into a bar and the first song you hear on the jukebox proves that you're definitely in the right place. What song is it? Anything that isn't gansta rap or twangy old country and I'm golden

* What's the finest compliment you ever got? Hmmmm... probably my hubby telling me that I'm beautiful and sexy

Since I'm here...

Hey Bijou,
Since it is around dinner time, I'll have some artichoke dip and an iced tea to drink while I'm sitting at a table by the window writing some erotic letters to my soldier boy husband :D

Potato or Chicken Noodle

I'd be all over
adrian_grenier.jpg

Adrian​
Just look at those wolf-eyes... Gawd!

* Best poet for cheering you up when you've lost your mojo? (Can be a poet on this board or one of those Regular Famous Ones)
My guy, although he claims he's no poet, he loves me and sometimes writes a little something for me. I've gotta say that's poetic.

* What's that one thing you've been trying to write a poem about for ages but can't quite make it work yet?
My dogs.

* You walk into a bar and the first song you hear on the jukebox proves that you're definitely in the right place. What song is it?
Anything by The Tragically Hip, Canadian, hockey fans and men... Say no more.

"You gave me this poem at exactly the time in my life when I need it."

Roasted butternut squash or Potato with Prosciutto (I make em both and boy are they good)

al_pacino0604.jpg

yeats_young02-730387.JPG

The sound of jazz.

I Ain't Got Nothin But the Blues

My darling told me that meeting me here was "like finding a diamond in a mud puddle."

Jesus, Champie, you're right. That Adrian is devastating.

Kinda reminds me of the eyes on this one:
otoole9.jpg

Well, it IS ladies' night...

bj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back