Bi Female- the new norm?

I just had a conversation relating to this in another thread. I think both Rachel, Rebecca, because of similar to SSBBWs theory. I also suspect not much has changed besides the changing of the times simply brought more discussion. When you are asked sexual orientation, you generally had to pick heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual. You pick one, end of discussion. I pick straight, I love dick, but I'm not straight like a straight man straight. If you ask further, you get details about three individual women and three couples over the past 26 years. So why do I answer straight? Because 98% of the time I am with men. I am not attracted to women like men. All of those women were super close friends. I can be sexually attracted to a man I barely know. I can be sexually attracted to a man I don't like. Answering bisexual would be much more inaccurate than answering straight.

Some more recent data suggests almost 70% of women who have a history of same sex relations identify as heterosexual. Why? Probably the same reason as me, it is the most correct. All six women above also identify as straight too. A large number of straight women have college stories, even my grandmother had one, just no one asked. The bisexual data doesn't change because they don't fit bisexual. I think Rachel is reading about it more now, because people are talking more about sexuality as a spectrum, so there is space to clarify. I've read some small studies indicated almost 30% of straight women fall into this "straight, well mostly" group, more than triple the rate of men. It is not hiding, it is not a change in shock value or attention seeking, it is just not asking the right question with the correct selection of answers. I think Rebecca is correct, and at most 20% are lgbt, but I think Rachel is also correct as it is very possible if you ask all women "have you ever or might you ever engage in sexual activity with another woman" more than half may answer yes, given the right circumstances. Even someplace as open as Lit, I have like 9 genders to pick from (I am female), but then I have to pick straight, gay, bisexual, asexual, or pansexual. I am not bi like rebecca and ssbbw, not asexual or pansexual, not straight the way LadyJS is but straight is the closest, so I pick it. Ask a better question, get a better answer. Discussions are happening now more than ever, bringing better questions, hence it seems more normal.

That is my take anyway, as a straight women who crosses every 5 or so years with the right circumstances and people. 🤷‍♀️

Honestly I think I know far more bi women than not. My wife and daughters included. Most of thier friends lots of couples we know. It's just common I think. I beleive women have been given the freedom to express thier sexuality without judgement.

I just had a conversation relating to this in another thread. I think both Rachel, Rebecca, because of similar to SSBBWs theory. I also suspect not much has changed besides the changing of the times simply brought more discussion. When you are asked sexual orientation, you generally had to pick heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual. You pick one, end of discussion. I pick straight, I love dick, but I'm not straight like a straight man straight. If you ask further, you get details about three individual women and three couples over the past 26 years. So why do I answer straight? Because 98% of the time I am with men. I am not attracted to women like men. All of those women were super close friends. I can be sexually attracted to a man I barely know. I can be sexually attracted to a man I don't like. Answering bisexual would be much more inaccurate than answering straight.

Some more recent data suggests almost 70% of women who have a history of same sex relations identify as heterosexual. Why? Probably the same reason as me, it is the most correct. All six women above also identify as straight too. A large number of straight women have college stories, even my grandmother had one, just no one asked. The bisexual data doesn't change because they don't fit bisexual. I think Rachel is reading about it more now, because people are talking more about sexuality as a spectrum, so there is space to clarify. I've read some small studies indicated almost 30% of straight women fall into this "straight, well mostly" group, more than triple the rate of men. It is not hiding, it is not a change in shock value or attention seeking, it is just not asking the right question with the correct selection of answers. I think Rebecca is correct, and at most 20% are lgbt, but I think Rachel is also correct as it is very possible if you ask all women "have you ever or might you ever engage in sexual activity with another woman" more than half may answer yes, given the right circumstances. Even someplace as open as Lit, I have like 9 genders to pick from (I am female), but then I have to pick straight, gay, bisexual, asexual, or pansexual. I am not bi like rebecca and ssbbw, not asexual or pansexual, not straight the way LadyJS is but straight is the closest, so I pick it. Ask a better question, get a better answer. Discussions are happening now more than ever, bringing better questions, hence it seems more normal.

That is my take anyway, as a straight women who crosses every 5 or so years with the right circumstances and people. 🤷‍♀️
Hmmmmm. A lot to think about and probably points towards what we already know

Back