Barbie the Hot Pagan Witch (NOT)

Thanks for the reassuring words chicklet ;)

Rhinoguy...Ok then..i'll keep a look out for it*L*

English Lady said:
Her arm fell of but we kept her because she was disabled. eventually both arms and both legs fell off and thern one fatefull day she ended up as just a head. She got thrown away then...She was called Jenny I think.
Rose, this really stood out for me. In context too, thinking of the doll and the parts going missing. But look at the quote, isn't it superbly creepy?

regards, Perdita

Can anyone say 'Boxing Helena?' I knew you could.

Raph, closing in on 1000 posts and title-dom

Perdita....you're right the quote IS creepy.

I didn't realise I could write horror! ;)

//were Mattel to venture too far and dare to actually educate or inspire young maidens to shun church and embrace nature and dye their hair black and change their name to Raven Wolfdancer and start holding slumber parties/yoni awakenings on the winter solstice, //

Lol, I just thought that was pretty funny:)

On the other hand, the complete inanity of secret spells barbie might lend a new ligitamicy to the tv series Charmed. My contrast, it will seem downright 'deep.' And frankly as a fan, I think that show has taken more than enough crap from both sides:)

Sweet,
Pagan fan of purely imaginative portrayals of magic in a make-believe universe. (ie. Charmed, Bewitched, Harry Potter, and Sabrina the teanage Witch)

perdita said:
Wow, this is interesting as I never even examined a Barbie. The legs not spreading must have been very deliberate given her overall anatomy. Thanks, MM.

Perdita

She's just a tease:)

Makes her a perfect roll model, when you think about it. Society wants to sell girls the glamour of sexiness yet tell them just to wait. And we wonder why Britney Spears is so popular.

Seattle Zack said:
My G.I. Joes used to capture my little sister's Barbies and hold them for ransom ... that fuck Ken was such a wimp. No kung-fu grip at all.

The designer who made these barbies was sued by Mattel, but the court ruled that she wasn't infringing on Mattel's market, since Mattel didn't have a similar product line ...

barbie_cane_200.jpg

barbie_200.jpg

Gives me a great idea for a non-concent story:)

I never cared for the bitch in a box. When I was a child 16 or 17 years ago they HAD a black barbie, but she was clearly just a darker version of the regular barbie. Now the toy company has gotten better at at least giving the ethnic dolls some ethnic features. I had dolls and they were all fabulous divas and the male dolls (even my brother's stolen GI joes) were all queens. At the time I didn't know that of course, but looking back I can see them in the dresses and boas. I:rolleyes:

destinie21 said:
I never cared for the bitch in a box. When I was a child 16 or 17 years ago they HAD a black barbie, but she was clearly just a darker version of the regular barbie. Now the toy company has gotten better at at least giving the ethnic dolls some ethnic features. I had dolls and they were all fabulous divas and the male dolls (even my brother's stolen GI joes) were all queens. At the time I didn't know that of course, but looking back I can see them in the dresses and boas. I:rolleyes:

I never liked 'black barbie' and thought that they should give barbie a black friend with her own name and identity- but everyone thought I was crazy becuase barby was supposed to be somekind of "ideal" and every girl wanted a barbie, bla bla bla and all that.

What do you think of Mattel's 'Flava' doll? Talk about an :rolleyes:! Notice, they didn't put them in the barbie line. If they bomb, poor Barbie wont' have to deal with the fallout.

All just examples of marketing trends. Has nothing to do with substance, never has and never will. Has to do with selling 'cool'- if you can buy it, everyone will, and what a fortune for the one who's selling it:)

Sweet (but Jaded)

So much history with Barbie

Happy Halloween, Perdita,

Fun thread. I've always felt that Barbie gets a little too much attention of the serious analytical sort. She was new when I was a kid, but there weren't any in my house - no sisters. But some of my friends' sisters had them and we stayed well away from them! YUCK! GIRLS!

Older and Wiser, as a lifeguard I remember taking the 'floaters' out of the skimmers and occasionally uncovering a buried one in the kiddie playsand area.

Later, as a parent at a community pool, I once again, pulled the floaters out of the skimmer. Only this time, I was retrieving family possessions.

Now there is a three drawer rollabout storage unit that holds various Barbies, lots of clothes and accessories and is quite full. Most of them are dressed, but not all. I think the naked Barbies are part of every childhood. My niece plays with them now.

Yes, it is very successful, but it is not a 'she'. It is a TOY. Let's let the little girls that want them, play with them, however they want and let the 'soc' majors write papers about something else.

I'm just grateful I dodged the bullet on "My Size Barbie" - THAT was stupid!

rhinoguy said:
don't think i would want a MY size Barbie.

though i do have a mannequin or two.

rhino-wierd collections

I have mannequins too. :) Mine are for fashion design and art.
Plus way back when, before I could afford a dressmaker's dummy I just got a mannequin that was about my size for 15 bucks at a store closing :) Course I had to keep updating since when I purchased the first one I was 12 and a bit less developed.

I find that very erotic, Rhine. Love the use of the pink.

Perdita

Barbie Dog

The elderly lady across the street has an enormous female Englixh bulldog named "Barbie." The bulldog is famed for its beauty and grace, and I think the people at Matell would be very pleased.
MG

Svenskaflicka said:
I think that a curvy Barbie in the size of a toddler is... sick.

Hadn't thought of that. They should have "My size, Preschool Barbie" and give her the body (and face) of a little kid. That way they really can trade clothes and stuff:)

Rhino,

I love that picture. I am always impressed by your talent, but that one is great.

Sailor

How about toddler-sized blow-up dolls? Maybe then the paedos would leave the real children alone?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Svenskaflicka How about toddler-sized blow-up dolls? Maybe then the paedos would leave the real children alone?:rolleyes:
Hiya, Svenska,
Good idea. That would certainly broaden the customer base at Toys R Us.
MG

Back