Author deletes all his stories after ONE PERSON criticizes his work.

Ironically enough, on another thread you directly tried to advise me how to write my stories in a more quiet echo of what April was trying to do here with an author.

What goes around comes around.

No SR, I simply said that the lack of exposition - or a set up - at the beginning of your story didn't work for me, as a reader. That was the subject of the thread. I never told you to change your writing style. Paranoid much?

No SR, I simply said that the lack of exposition - or a set up - at the beginning of your story didn't work for me, as a reader. That was the subject of the thread. I never told you to change your writing style. Paranoid much?

Go on to work now, and may God clear a safe path for your forthcoming journey.

In neither case was it me telling you what to do--going back to how you need to give personal advice--pretty much like April.

Notice you didn't deny that a writer's observation to inform writing isn't the same thing as busybody advice on how to live one's life.

In neither case was it me telling you what to do--going back to how you need to give personal advice--pretty much like April.

Notice you didn't deny that a writer's observation to inform writing isn't the same thing as busybody advice on how to live one's life.

The """""""""ADVICE"""""""""" was inappropriate.

Well...that was fun, wasn't it? Everyone here complains about cardboard cutout characters in stories, and yet when you run into a real character (as real as a LIT forum character can be) you assume he's a cardboard cutout.

The way I see it, William is stuck in an unhealthy obsession. Can we agree on that?

If William figured out a way to get unstuck, would that be a good thing?

If someone (like me) tried to look at the situation objectively (rather than getting caught up in the sport of internet bullying) and thought there might be an approach he could take to help him get unstuck, would that be a good thing? Would it be a bad thing? Granted, I could have phrased my advice to William differently, using non-personal language - "sometimes, a person can" rather than "you". That was my bad, but I have a feeling it wouldn't have changed the crap I got around here for daring to delve a little deeper into this person's dilemma.

Introspection. That was my goal with the comments I made, both to William and to the rest of you. If that was too much to ask, then, as Steve Martin used to say, "well excuse me!"

Well...that was fun, wasn't it? Everyone here complains about cardboard cutout characters in stories, and yet when you run into a real character (as real as a LIT forum character can be) you assume he's a cardboard cutout.

The way I see it, William is stuck in an unhealthy obsession. Can we agree on that?

If William figured out a way to get unstuck, would that be a good thing?

If someone (like me) tried to look at the situation objectively (rather than getting caught up in the sport of internet bullying) and thought there might be an approach he could take to help him get unstuck, would that be a good thing? Would it be a bad thing? Granted, I could have phrased my advice to William differently, using non-personal language - "sometimes, a person can" rather than "you". That was my bad, but I have a feeling it wouldn't have changed the crap I got around here for daring to delve a little deeper into this person's dilemma.

Introspection. That was my goal with the comments I made, both to William and to the rest of you. If that was too much to ask, then, as Steve Martin used to say, "well excuse me!"

It's a noble effort, but there are too many factors in play in an instance such as this, and we, as observers who don't have all the information, can only go on what we see. You can't fault anyone for falling back on personal experience or collective assumption when responding to a thread such as this. It's all we have to go on.

I would be willing to venture that AprilSmithSucks/William has more than a few personal demons he (or she?) is trying to work out, based on the comments revealed in the OP and subsequent ones posted to other stories in the last few days. It appears that you think something similar. My non-professional opinion is that this is a person who would like to be a writer but lacks the ability, thick skin, or nerve to be such.

Regardless of the truth, I doubt he/she would be receptive to any helpful advice posted on this thread.

I forgot. I never should have alluded to any sort of dickish behavior from LC or SR, or anyone else here, for that matter. None of these people has ever engaged in any sort of personal sniping or vendetta or mean-spirited insults. Ever. All the shit bombs I've seen over the years have simply been a figment of my imagination. (I've been around here since 2007. I changed my screen name recently.) And I never should have voiced my opinion back in the "exposition" thread, even though that was the point of the thread. It's clear to me now, the LIT forum only exists for the edification of certain users. Pardon me for assuming real discussions could take place here. :)
]

EDIT: Well thanks for not throwing a shit bomb SW. I feel much better now.

Last edited:
I forgot. I never should have alluded to any sort of dickish behavior from LC or SR, or anyone else here, for that matter.

Certainly not with you. You took the initiate on that yourself. Again, you are what you decry. :rolleyes:

I forgot. I never should have alluded to any sort of dickish behavior from LC or SR, or anyone else here, for that matter. None of these people has ever engaged in any sort of personal sniping or vendetta or mean-spirited insults. Ever. All the shit bombs I've seen over the years have simply been a figment of my imagination. (I've been around here since 2007. I changed my screen name recently.) And I never should have voiced my opinion back in the "exposition" thread, even though that was the point of the thread. It's clear to me now, the LIT forum only exists for the edification of certain users. Pardon me for assuming real discussions could take place here. :)
]

If you're going for a "real discussion," posting such a defensive response isn't doing you any wonders.

]

I've only been on the boards since 2011 so you'll have to pin your old shit bombs on someone else.

And not everyone who bickers on here runs and bombs someone's stories I always felt there was a bit of an "author's code" that most adhere to although I am sure there are a couple who don't because I get plenty of nasty comments and bombs after the little flame outs here.

Comes with the "cyber territory"

TGIF, I'll buy the first round, am sure the sun's over the yardarm somewhere :D

selection-of-bourbons-produced-by-buffalo-trace.jpg

Back