Arabian Nights (Closed)

Sara had to suppress a smirk when the thief took the clothes. The look on his face was highly amusing. Despite his reluctance, she was glad to see he was wise enough to accept her plan. He could have snuck in, but at least her proposal offered more safety for him and longevity for his position.

The almost-smirk was completely forgotten when he shook off the cloak. A hot bolt of something sinful ran right through Sara's body at the sight of his dark skin and powerful muscles. She let out a breath of relief when he disappeared behind the screen. Then, he gave her a name. He was a very smart one, it seemed, knowing that there was power in names. But she now had something other than 'the thief' to call him in her mind, so she was satisfied.

"You, Baaz," she said, trying not to let her eyes rake over him as he asked about rendezvous plans, can continue to come in through the window. But I am usually otherwise engaged during the day, so you should come in the early mornings, afternoons or at night. Any other time and you will find my guards in here in stead," she informed him rather matter-of-factly, ignoring the way that his innuendo made her feel all warm and tingly inside.

“That seems like as good a plan as any” Arbaaz as he ran his hands once more over the servant’s garbs. He checked to make sure the belt that held his tools was secure around his waist before turning to the door.

“Since its night I should be able to slip out” He murmured as he peered down the long and winding staircase “You will have to keep my cloak for me until I return”

“I will be back at sunset tomorrow evening” He told her pausing at the top of the stone staircase “I’ll do my best to find the information you need”

With that he quickly made his way down the staircase and to the wooden doors leading to her tower. He paused to listen out and make sure the coast was clear before he gently pushed the door open and slipped through. He joined the throngs of other servants in the halls keeping his head down low and moving his mouth as if he was chatting with them so as not to arouse suspicion. He let the current of the servants carry him through the sultan’s palace taking in its lush opulence as he searched for his target.

It took him a matter of minutes to find the man. The westerner and his… unique clothing stood out like a sore thumb. It helped as well that he was a loud mouth protesting and carrying on to the sultan about…. Something. Arbaaz broke from the other servants keeping his head down as he waited for the westerner to come over. Eventually he did so running a critical eye over Arbaaz as his foot tapped.

“Who are you?” He asked his tone dismissive.

“Your servant and attendant for the duration of your stay” Arbaaz replied putting on the air of some one so much weaker than he “May I take your papers? Sir?”

“No you may not” The man growled pulling his papers closer to his chest “You may follow after me and that is all!”

“Yes sir” Arbaaz said resisting the urge to roll his eyes as he followed after the man.

Sara watched as Baaz slipped out of her room and into the palace proper. She walked over to her chaise lounge and sank down onto it, wondering if she had done the right thing. She loved her father dearly, but his trusting nature would one day get them into trouble. One day very soon if Sara's suspicions were correct.

She brought her hand up to rest on the ridiculously garish necklace that Rajul had gifted her. She would happily have surrendered it to Baaz for his cleverness, but she knew she couldn’t. The betrothal between herself and Rahul was so fresh that she couldn’t be seen to do anything that would jeopardizing that. No, all of her jeopardizing would need to happen in the shadows, with the help of a clever thief…

~*~

Jacques, it proved, would be a wonderful source of information if he wasn't so full of himself. As he store down the halls of the palace, Bass following in his wake, he did an awful lot of complaining about the state of affairs. It wasn’t so much an attempt at conversation with the under-cover spy, but more a stream of self-piteous musings that seemed to serve no other purpose than emotional catharsis.

For example; why would the princess reject the French brocades for the sake of her rather hideous pantaloons? Wasn’t she aware she was about to become French social elite? That she had to fit in? Also, why did she keep leaving meals early? Why was she more eager to retreat to the library than walk the gardens with him and learn more information about her future husband? Had her father not taught her manners? Or was it just her personality? Was the father soft hearted or the daughter head strong? Either way Rajul would be interested in the answer.

Jacques had Baaz follow him around and around on the most mundane tasks. It wasn’t until he reached his room some time later that Baaz heard anything of note.

A messenger came into Jacques ' suit with a missive from Rajul. It was a letter claiming that his arrival would be three days later than anticipated, as his latest business venture was proving to be more difficult to negotiate than he had first thought. It also had a rather sweet question regarding the security of the palace and whether his future bride was safe within its walls. Her father, Rajul noted, was a kind man, but not nearly suspicious enough for one with as beautiful daughter as his.

Jacques scribbled a reply detailing what sort of things he and the princess would get up to during the day, ans in what parts of the castle. He noted security was adequate but not overwhelming, and that he hoped Rajul had more luck with his transactions.

Jacques handed his note to Baaz.

"Please see that this is sent to Master Rajul immediately," he said dismissively, not even looking back at the 'servant' as he made for the dressing room.

Last edited:
“Right away my lord”

Arbaaz watched the man puff up in pleasure and did his best to keep his eyes neutral. Throughout the day he learnt the intricacies of the man mainly how he liked to be catered to and how much he loved his western title. The man was quite literally a pompous fool a fact Arbaaz was prepared to use to his advantage.
He took the scroll his head bowed down so as not to give away the glint in his eyes. After having waited a whole day for some sort of suspect correspondence Arbaaz was pleased. He would get this to the princess before he sent it off. She would no doubt be interested in its contents.

He slipped out of the westerner’s chambers and made his way outside. Once he was outside he quickly and quietly ducked over to the west side of the palace walls. He bundled up his servants outfit stripping down to the simple linen pants. He uses his belt to tie the servants garb to his back and once he was sure the correspondence was safe he began his climb.

It took him a matter of seconds to reach the top of the tower. After having climbed for two days he was aware of all the foot holds and ledges. He laughed to himself as he climbed aware of the humor in the situation. Give him a week and he would be able to do it in thirty seconds flat!

He reached the balcony and hoisted himself up. He walked to the door leading into her chambers sliding it open and slipping inside. He closed the door behind him pulling the correspondence out and setting it on the table.

“Are you there princess?” He called outlooking around the chambers.

Sara was there. In fact, she was sitting at the desk in her study reading over some new laws that her father wanted to implement. He could have done so without consulting her at all, but he liked to get her feedback; not only because she was set to inherit the rulership of his kingdom, but because he appreciated her counsel.

When Sara hear Baaz called out she rolled her eyes, getting to her feet with a skid of timber on the floor and heading into her chambers. She saw Baaz, wearing his normal clothes, in her chambers again.

"While it is lovely to see you again, I must remind you that my guards believe me to be in this room alone. If they discover I am not we will lose, at the least, our only method of private communication," she said politely but firmly. "But come, sit. Would you like a drink?" She asked, leading him back to her sitting room.

Arbaaz nodded closing the balcony door behind him. He stepped forward into the room pulling the scroll from his belt and placing it on her desk.

“I come bearing gifts princess” He said making sure to drop his voice to a whisper as she poured them each a drink “A message from our lovely guest. It seems your husband to be is very curious as to the strength and capabilities of the palace….. I am sure he has good reason to be”

He reached for the drink once it was offered. His slight nimble fingers touched her lingering briefly on her dainty knuckles before moving. He took the drink and moved to the chair opposite of her sitting down after her and stretching out with a sigh.

“I suppose for now I will sleep in the servants area” Arbaaz said with a grimace “Not enough time to go home every night and be back in the morning. I hope this is all worth it princess.”

Sara didn't miss the brush of Baaz's finger as he accepted the wine. She also found that she didn't mind it. She certainly had no inclination to reprimand him for it. As he settled down onto the couch she opened the pilfered scroll and read on it, her frown growing with each new word. She sat down at her desk to copy it out for her own information before rolling it back up and giving it back to him.

"I have organised for you to have a private room. It is tiny, barely more than a closet, but you will have privacy at least," Sara said with a note of apology in her tone. She then opened the top drawer on her desk and pulled out a small pouch. Despite the size it was rather heavy. She handed it over to him. "Here," she said, "the first instalment of your wages. And if there are any comforts you would like while you are lodging here please let me know and I will arrange for them. Within reason. You just need to consider what other servants may see."

When Baaz held the pouch he would know that she had been incredibly generous, even more so than she initially said she would be.

When Arbaaz took the pouch he almost slipped up in his surprise. The heavy gold back weighed his hand down dipping it down to the floor in a clear showcase of wealth. There was so much gold here! Enough he knew to finally pay off his father’s debts and possibly move his family into a hut closer to the market square. He looked at her trying to will his face to remain composed even as his eyes flashed and ran with joy.

“Thank you” He told her standing and taking the scroll. He tucked both into the pockets of his belt settling them and making sure they were secure before rolling his shoulders. The powerful tan skin bunched and tightened in response from his movement as he finished stretching and sat back in the plush leather seat.
“I am sure the accommodations will work for now” Arbaaz said his pointed chin bobbing as he dismissed her concerns “I don’t exactly come from royalty I am sure I have slept on worse”

Internally he wondered why he would say something so intimate. It was nothing she couldn’t guess but even the smallest slip could lead her to his identity. The Master would have admonished him for such a thing, even for something as simple as letting her see his face! Yet Arbaaz didn’t feel any fear about sharing with her. Arbaaz had always been a good judge of people, from his good for nothing father to the Master who meant well even if he saw himself more as a teacher. With the princess, there was a degree of trust he felt he saw in her a willingness to keep his secret lest he become an enemy to her.

Which probably accounted for his continued slip ups.

“I should probably go” He said his tone reluctant as he made no move to get up. His eyes flickered to the window and the moon which hung swollen and bright high in the sea of stars that dominated the night sky.

Sara was pleased at the flash of joy that flashed in Baaz's sharp eyes when he took the gold. It wasn't a look of smugness or even achievement, it held too much relief for that. She hoped that whatever he used it for would be helpful to him. She watched as he tucked the scroll ans pouch into his belt. The way he rolled hos shoulders told of someone with a good amount of physical prowess, and a sinful part of her wondered what other physical skills he had aside from incredible climbing abilities.

"You can go if you like, or you could stay a while longer and talk to me," she said, settling down on the lounge opposite from the one she had offered him. She wasn't sure why she was extending the invitation, it was risky, but she wanted to find out more about this mysterious and handsome man. "Tell me, what was Jacques like in private?"

When she offered to let him stay he couldn’t quite keep the pleasure in the idea out of his eyes. Even as he tried to remain passive his eyes sparked with subtle pleasure. His body inched forward ever so slightly and even as he spoke he sat closer to the edge of his seat than before.

“I could stay” He said his tone level. He brought the glass of wine to his lips once more and took a deep sip.

“Jacques?” Arbaaz chuckled “The man spends most of his time complaining about being here and not back in the west, he seems like a pleasant enough man. I do not think he is aware of his master’s machinations against our world. He seems for lack of a better term to be an idiot.”

“I don’t think he is the problem” Arbaaz admits finishing his wine and setting the glass down “I think that’s why your husband to be sent the man. The information he is reporting back however is a problem, are you sure you want me to give it back? Or replace the letter? My contacts could forge the letter if you wish”

"No, give the letter back. It would be worse if it went astray. I'll just assign extra guards in places they won't expect instead," Sara said, shifting on the lounge so that she was a little more comfortable. She curled her legs up under her.

"I do find it interesting that you referred to him as a pleasant enough man. He does complain a fair amount, but I wouldn't have thought to refer to him as pleasant," Sara took a sip of her wine as she tossed the idea over in her own mind. "Though I am inclined to believe you if you think he is innocent to this plot. It is alarming that Rajul is playing his cards so close to his chest. I think we need to continue to monitor the situation."

“Well he isn’t going to be winning any personality contest” Arbaaz replied shifting and giving her his full attention.

“His complaints are all directed at the country he is in” Arbaaz explained chuckling “The sand, the heat, the wind. You would think the man was left in a large egg until maturity. Other than that he is pleasant, I have no doubt if we were back in his native land he would be more or less agreeable the same way a puppy is”

He chuckled at that and took out the scroll. He turned it over in his hand weighing it for several moments as he contemplated her decision.

“It’s probably for the best” He finally said sighing “I do not like this though. Placing a few soldiers in key places that aren’t on this list is good. However, if your darling husband does decide to stage a coup then the ones he does know about are sure to die. When is he coming? Is there nothing that can be done to delay his arrival?”

Sara chuckled when Baaz mentioned that Jacques wouldn't be winning any personality contests. No, he certainly wouldn't.

"The strangest thing is that he is delaying his own arrival. I have little control of it. We should receive word if he crosses our borders though, so that is something. And as for the rest of it... I will ensure that my guards are well protected. They have given me their loyalty and service, I will respect that."

Sara reached over and pulled a bowl of grapes closer to her, she took a couple before offering some to Baaz.

"I would appreciate it if you could keep your ear close to the ground though, see if you hear anything else interesting about Rajul. Even if it sounds mundane, please let me know."

“Well that should be easy” Arbaaz remarked chuckling as he took some grapes “My current “master” can’t shut up about him. You would swear that man was lying in bed with him the way he goes on and on about it”

Arbaaz couldn’t help but let out a genuine laugh at the thought. He shook his head and rose out of his chair popping the grapes one by one into his mouth. While he chewed he went over to the window looking out it as his mind worked the puzzle. Arbaaz loved puzzles especially logic ones just like this one.

“So far everything he has said has been mundane” Arbaaz admitted turning back and leaning against the stone wall “Just talking about how great he is. According to Jacques he is very dedicated to outward expansion. He also has a great love for his country. These aren’t inherently bad things but combined with the information in the scroll its very disconcerting”

He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose before moving over to the balcony.
“I’ll retire for the night princess” He said turning to her and mounting the railing “I may not come back tomorrow night. It depends on the information I get”

He moved down the railing clambering down and landing on the walkway. Once he was down he made his way back to his quarters reaching it with just enough time for a short nap. The next day he went about his duties making sure to deliver the message and staying on the westerner like a flea on a camel. Luckily the day was mundane and without anything to report. Jacques spent the day moving around trying his best to prepare for his master’s arrival. Arbaaz used the time to study the castle making notes of its many hiding places and secrets.

After all he didn’t know if he would ever have to break in AGAIN.

The next few days passed much the same way that the previous two had. Sara wound up being stuck showing Jacques around and pretending to be interested in what he was saying. On more than one occasion when she had been with him, Baaz had been too. On these occasions Baaz would notice that Sara was uniquely disciplined. She treated him no different to how she treated the other servants, nor did she look at him any more than she would be expected to. If anyone were watching her they never guess that there was anything going on there.

Over those long days, word came from Rajul that he had rebooked his travel for a weeks time. Jacques continued to send letters similar to those that Baaz had intercepted and to test how good his information sharing was she had rotated guards. She found that, somehow, he seemed to pick up on all of these changes. While Baaz had guessed that he was not malicious in his intent, it was becoming clearer that he was a well-trained observer.

In regards to the issue of her arranged marriage, Sara found herself becoming more and more reluctant to go ahead with it. She told herself that it had nothing to do with the entertainment provided by the intrigue with hers and Baaz's investigation. Or with the spy himself. But she did know that when Rajul came over she would be running a huge risk if she continued to see Baaz. At the moment, the truth was that he was the highlight of her day. He didn't seem to care as much for station and propriety as the other people in the palace, so she was able to invite him to share in fruit and wine, to relax in her parlour, without having to worry about the social airs and graces. She also found that he was a rather interesting fellow, and she wanted to learn more about him.

It wasn't until late one afternoon almost a week after Baaz had started spying for Sara that something interesting crossed his path. Sara had made her way to her private bathing room after a long walk with Jacques in the gardens. It was a letter from Rajul, to be passed to Jacques, but there was something odd about it. Jacque's wasn't the final recipient, but the letter was to be passed to its indeded through him. The recipient was a little-known fur and hide merchant in the trade quarter.

Arbaaz stood out on the servant’s deck facing out and watching the sun begins it journey down to the earth. His eyes were troubled and a cigarette dangled from his mouth letting out faint wisps of smoke that curled around his face.

“Something troubling you?” A elder man asked coming over with a wooden pipe
“Your face seems long tonight Baaz”

“It’s nothing Akhom” Arbaaz said turning to smile at the man. During the last week Akhom and he would talk in the evening while they enjoyed their smokes. He found the man to be pleasant and they had become fast friends.

“Doesn’t seem like nothing” The man said lighting his pipe and draw in the natural herbs “It does a servant no good to look so troubled Baaz especially one who is the face of our nation”

“The westerner would have to care about me to notice me” Arbaaz said dismissively “It is nothing elder I have just been feeling restless.”

“That’s even worse!” Akhom said shaking his head as he looked at Arbaaz “Still your mind Baaz there is nothing but heart ache in thinking of things that might have been. We are servants it is a hard life but a good paying one”

“I understand” Arbaaz said sighing and flicking his Cigarette butt down to the stone. He stomped on it and moved giving the man a friendly squeeze on his shoulder as he disappeared back inside. As he moved his hands pulled the letter out of his pocket tossing and turning it as he contemplated it. For some reason however his mind kept going back to Akhom’s words and the message they carried.

Still your mind Baaz there is nothing but heart ache in thinking of things that might have been

What might have been? Why did that bother him so? Why did his mind stray to thoughts of a certain beautiful jewel of a princess? Every other night they met, and every other night he continued to fall for her more and more. She was unlike any girl he ever met capable of holding her own and possessing an intellect that rivaled even his. She was one in a million. The kind of girl you could only hope to meet.

She was also the princess of his nation.

There would be no getting together. Even if she wasn’t set to be married she was out of his league. It was silly to be upset about it especially when he didn’t have a chance to begin with. Akhom was right to rebuke him, even if he didn’t know the full extent of his thoughts.

Arbaaz decided to focus on the current mission and not the princess and object of his infatuation. He made his way to her room once more climbing as he always did onto her balcony tower. Once he was in he shucked his servant garb leaving it on the chair as he pulled the letter out of his pockets. He tossed and turned the letter in his hands as he moved into the room his eyes searching for her.

“Are you there princess?” He asked moving into the hall and towards a door cracked open. He paused outside it as he heard a splash and color flooded his tan cheeks as he realized where she was.

At first, Sara didn't hear Baaz enter her quarters. In fact, she was lying back in her expansive tub, eyes closed, trying to wash off the feeling of stickiness that seeing Jacques always left her with.

When Baaz called out Sara was jolted from her rest, her eyes snapped open and she sat up in the tub. The water sploshed and splashed about as she looked around for a towel. He was earlier than usual. Normally he came to her after dinner, when darkness would cover his climb.

"I'll be just a minute," She said, getting up. The warm water ran down her body in steaming rivulets, and as she stepped out she reached for her towel. She quickly dried herself off, thoroughly aware of the fact that Baaz was just outside the door as she rubbed her naked body down. When she stood up she bit her lip. She only had her robe in here, and no gowns. She hadn't thought to bring one with her.

Sara knew it would be improper for Baaz to see her in her robe, but the other option would be to tell him to turn around whilst she walked past. It felt infantile to do as such, and it also felt like an admission of the feelings that she was trying to deny inside her. If she told him not to look then she would have to admit that she cared what he thought. And that was not something that she could do, no matter how his appealing smirt and honest way of talking stuck with her.

So Sara pulled on her robe. Parts of it clung to her still slightly damp body, and she tied it tightly around her. She was sure that nothing of any interest could be seen, though she was still thoroughly aware of the fact that she was naked beneath it. She pulled the door open and gave him a smile in greeting, her long dark hair still soaked from the tub.

"Sorry Baaz, I wasn't expecting you so early," She said, stepping out of the door and pretending like the wasn't naked under her robe. She tried to think of him as she would all the other people who worked here, all the other ones who didn't have enough investment in her to warrant any extra thought over seeing her like this.

There she was!

Her body was… well more exposed than the thief was ready for. Even though she was wearing a robe that kept her body hidden it didn’t keep ENOUGH of her body hidden for him not to see it. His over active imagination kicked into high gear as he studied her and his arousal grew as his cock began to twitch and harden. He hurriedly turned as she came in willing his cock to settle down as he moved into the sitting with her.

“Let me start a fire!” He said quickly as he moved over to the fireplace. He leaned down striking it and starting a fire as he willed his cock to settle. It finally did and he turned breathing out a sigh of relief and then turning back to her.
“I have something for you tonight” He said pulling out the scroll and deciding it would be best to focus on business and NOT her state of undress.

“This was supposed to go to a rug dealer before going to the king” Arbaaz explained letting her read it “That in and of itself is weird but the dealer is a whole other danger. I know him from the black market. He is a smuggler a good one at that. He once boasted of being able to get ANYONE through the country and claimed he might be able to do an army if the coin was right.”

He let that sink in before continuing.

“His smuggler routes are highly prized and no one knows them” Arbaaz explained “However…. I know he keeps a book of them hidden in his place of business. I was thinking on the way over. It is risky but I could try and sneak into his home and find the list. We could give the note to him then and they would be none the wiser at the routes being compromised. If your husband to be does decide to smuggle an army or anything we will know. It is risky incredibly risky but I believe it is the best course of action.”

Sara was somewhat perplexed when Baaz jumped up to start a fire. She wasn't cold at all. Then again, she had just gotten out of a rather warm bath. She pushed aside her confusion as she sank into a nearby settee, her hazel eyes taking in Baaz's form as he leaned over to get the fire going. She felt a tug of arousal in her lower belly and she hastily looked away. She was being ridiculous. Regardless of what would happen with Baaz she was destined to wed Rajul. This time when Sara thought of the foreign entrepreneur she had to suppress a shudder of disgust.

Sara had just curled her legs up under her on the chaise when Baaz turned and offered her a scroll. As her eyes scanned the message her brows started to furrow. It was a show of emotion that she normally would keep restrained, but she had started to feel alarmingly comfortable in Baaz's presence, enough to let her mask slip.

What would anyone with a decent amount of money want with a black market rug dealer?

Then Baaz mentioned something that made Sara's blood run cold. A person smuggler. She well remembered the story when Cleopatra smuggled herself into Caesar's palace. Though an entire army would have trouble doing the same, she was concerned about this black market 'rug dealer'.

As much as she wanted answers she had to admit that she was concerned about the idea of Baaz sneaking into his place of business. Surely somewhere like that would be heavily guarded, and the idea of Baaz falling onto the wrong side of that...

"Where is this place of business?" She asked, her concern clear on her pretty face.

He was touched when she looked concerned over the idea of him sneaking in. A rush of affection filled him as he starred at her once again reminded that she was very pretty. It could have been such a good relationship he mused as he watched her thinking over his words.

If only if only

“It’s a small room under the bazaar” He explained coming over to her “He usually entertains down there however I can cause a distraction if needed to get him out. Honestly he knows me I have done business for him before and also we run in the same circles.”

He laughed as he remembered his last dealings with said man. He was something of an art aficionado or at least he liked to think of himself as one. He hired Arbaaz and his mentor to steal a painting from a rival of his. Arbaaz managed to pull of the job without any issues. However when he brought the painting back the man tried to say that the painting was “dirty”. He said he would only pay half and Arbaaz was forced to take the painting and run.

“If he sees me he will send guards after me” Arbaaz said “He hates me because of our past… The only other thing I have seen him get more worked up about is women”

Sara frowned even further when she heard Baaz say that he had done business with this smuggler before. Not so much because of the black-market nature, but because of the inherent danger of Baaz going in when he is known to the man. A man that, as Baaz said, hated him.

But then Baaz said something that made Sara's eyebrows perk up and her heart beat a little faster.

"He likes women, hey?" She asked slowly, settling back on her couch and thinking it over. If Baaz looked at her now he would be able to see the thoughts churning behind her eyes. She could help provide him with a distraction. Of course, any woman probably could, but she would rather not involve others in this in case they got caught and word got out. She thought of sneaking out of the palace, of dressing up like a dancer... of taking part in some daring kind of adventure to help her cause and enjoy a little intrigue. "I think I can help you with that."

Arbaaz blinked her words connecting as he followed her train of thought. His expression towards her was one of disbelief and shock. He waited a few seconds to see if she was joking and when he realized she wasn’t he opened his mouth to speak.

“You can’t be serious” He said his tone incredulous. His mind flashed with the image of her in the underground den possibly at the mercy of a man such as the rug merchant. He was known for being lecherous when it came to the female sex and also none for not taking no for an answer. He would probably stop if they found out it was the princess but that would also mean their mission failed.

He couldn’t put her in danger like that!

“There is too much at stake” He told her shaking his head “You could possibly be raped in that place. I will have no way of getting you out of there unless I expose myself. Please princess I beg you stay here let me sneak in and take care of it! I can be in and out of there before he even sees me and even if he does I am well versed in escaping through the city”

Sara visibly bristled at being told no. It wasn't often that someone presumed to deny her so openly. If it were one of her viziers he would be offering simpering platitudes and tentative alternatives.

"Yes, but you seem to have forgotten your new purpose. If you are caught now, and found to be working for me, it will bring us both down. So I will help you. I am not as useless as I seem. I can fight. Besides, I won't just approach this dealer as if I am any wanton woman. I think I shall approach him with a business proposal. He works on the black market, you say? We'll, I have a few items that may interest him."

Sara could already feel the plan hatching in her mind. She could pose as a palace slave, offering the dealer stolen tapestries and trinkets for gold... She would have enough to convince him that she was worth his while, and she would be engaging enough to distract him while Baas snuck around.

“You don’t understand” Arbaaz said his own frustration growing. He wanted to reach out and shake her! He knew she was a princess but that was exactly why she COULDN’T go.

“He is a pig” He growled going over to the chest that hid his thief outfit and pulling it out “You can pretend to be anything you want! You are stunning and that’s all that is going to matter to him! He is a man who doesn’t take no for an answer when it comes to the attractive opposite sex.”

If he noticed he called her attractive he didn’t say anything. Instead he pulled on his white hooded robe trading it for the heavier servant’s garb. Once he was dressed he turned to her.

“Stay here” He said going over and taking her hand. His eyes locked with her showing his fear and concern for her. It was clear he cared for her, clear he didn’t want her to die.

“I will do this for you” He said moving over to the window and jumping on it. He gave her one last look before jumping down and disappearing into the night.

Sara gritted her teeth at the tone in Baaz's voice. So much frustration! And the fact he wanted her to remain here like some helpless songbird in a folder cage. It was infuriating. She was just about to tell him so when her attention snagged on a word... Stunning.

He'd called her stunning.

Sara's anger stalled as she proceeded this. She received compliments on her beauty on a daily basis, but this... It was different from him, somehow. It made her stomach flutter and cheeks heat.

But then he was gone... Climbing out of her window and dismissing her.

We'll, he would learn that she is not so easily dismissed.

Sara jumped up, untying her robe and letting it fall to the ground as she ran into her bed chamber. Naked, she peeled back a hanging tapestry to reveal what appeared to be a blank stretch of wall. But it wasn't. Grabbing a goblet off her night stand Sara pushed on that wall and it soundlessly slid aside revealing a dark passage being. Just inside was a set of plain servants garb, a roughspun cloak, and some simle slippers. She put them all on with practised ease, tucked the goblet into the picket, and set off down the passage at a run.

Bass would have to dodge and duck and weave between the view of the added guards. He would have to safely navigate down sheer walls and over populated wall walks. Sara, on the other hand,had an observation free passage that led down through the levels of the castle and came up under a grate beneath the palace walls. By the time Baaz reached his entry point, the one he had told her about and they had knowingly left unguarded, he would see Sara, in her servants garb, waiting for her with her hands on her hips and a sharpness in her eyes.

Back