an unusual underage edge case

Yes, portraying wide eye innonces in a 19-year-old virgin set in 2023 is hard. "Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her viginity; not a bad record for this vicinity."
I have no particular attraction to 18 year olds, but I do remember being younger, and having strange feelings that I felt the need to hide from my parents.

Also I've heard a number of men online express the emotions that they had when they were in highschool. They were attracted to teachers and older girls alike, and I sought to capture that emotion (in a gender-bent alternate universe)... while staying safely within acceptable age limits.

Yes, portraying wide eye innonces in a 19-year-old virgin set in 2023 is hard. "Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her viginity; not a bad record for this vicinity."
To be fair I was a 19 year old virgin. Actually I was a 20 year old virgin for a little while. But not in 2023. But I think the same thing could happen now. Actually I've read the kids are doing it less now than they used to.

I lived in a place near a religious college where many of the students had been raised with hovering parents, or went to girls-only prep schools.

There were thousands of new students every year who were new adults under their own guidance for the first time, and many of them were virgins. Many were also bi-curious with their only previous sexual experience being at a girls only boarding school.

The dorms had a curfew and every student needed to be in by 10: pm unless they had somewhere else to stay that a school authority could confirm by phone.

Lots of lit worthy stories happened around those circumstances. 😉

Last edited:
To be fair I was a 19 year old virgin. Actually I was a 20 year old virgin for a little while. But not in 2023. But I think the same thing could happen now. Actually I've read the kids are doing it less now than they used to.
I don't specify a year in my story, but one reader said the he imagined it as the 1950's.

That doesn't actually make sense, considering everyone has cellphones... but, that shows the way the world is represented

And this person was a reliable narrator?

Maybe I should make a new thread for this, but eh, I'll just continue it here. Some technical advice please.
I've resubmitted my story to have improved formatting:
https://literotica.com/s/ptb-ch-01-imbalance
But it didn't do much. Since indents apparently don't work afterall, I wanted to seperate bits of dialogue with empty lines and then seperate scenes with two empty lines.
The problem is this: Wherever I put a line break, Literotica seems to automatically put an empty line. And Literotica seemingly can't display two empty lines and instead there is only one. As a result, the formatting is once again... not so good. The lack of visible separation between scenes is the worst part.
Any idea how I can get the results I want or how I should format my story instead?

Maybe I should make a new thread for this, but eh, I'll just continue it here. Some technical advice please.
But it didn't do much. Since indents apparently don't work afterall, I wanted to seperate bits of dialogue with empty lines and then seperate scenes with two empty lines.
The problem is this: Wherever I put a line break, Literotica seems to automatically put an empty line. And Literotica seemingly can't display two empty lines and instead there is only one. As a result, the formatting is once again... not so good. The lack of visible separation between scenes is the worst part.
Any idea how I can get the results I want or how I should format my story instead?
Instead of an extra empty line, try putting something like *** or --- to indicate the change of scene. Or, if date/time/location matter to your story, update those to indicate the change (i.e., Chicago, Wednesday night).

Lit turns every new line into a one line space. If you put 10 blank lines that also turns into a one line space. It enforces paragraphs with no indentation separated by one blank line.

You can put something like --- or *** on a line by itself and it will appear with a one line space above and below. You can also get fancy and center it: <center>***</center>

Or use <hr> for a horizontal line divider.

If you want to go to a new line without a one line space between, you can use <br> at the end of a line.

You need to accept that Lit has a standard publication style, and use it. You're thinking print, not digital.

No indents, right ragged, that's basically it. You can get fancier, but remember, Lit has to cater for multiple devices, so simple is better. It works for everyone else, so it will work for you.

Two returns at the end of each paragraph in your raw draft guarantees a line space, and that's all that is necessary. Worry about your words, not format.

I never noticed that Lit removed double returns, I had to check and see. Funny because other sites do that too, but those are self publish, so it's an easy fix. I'll need to keep that in mind for my future uploads Ridding that double return can really screw up a story. I sure as hell ain't gonna go and fix the ones already live... live and learn. I thought submitting as a file kept all the original formatting.

Lit turns every new line into a one line space. If you put 10 blank lines that also turns into a one line space. It enforces paragraphs with no indentation separated by one blank line.

You can put something like --- or *** on a line by itself and it will appear with a one line space above and below. You can also get fancy and center it: <center>***</center>

Or use <hr> for a horizontal line divider.

If you want to go to a new line without a one line space between, you can use <br> at the end of a line.
Thanks, I'm gonna use these commands.
Only one correction: The command for going to a new line appears to be <br\>, not <br>.

Hey there. I've just finished the first chapter of a fanfic based on Dune and decided to post it here. But I see, that the rules regarding underage content are rather strict. I don't know, if my story would pass, so I figured I'd ask first.

Here's the problem:
The character of Paul Atreides is described as being 15 in the book, but in all the movie adaptations he has been depicted by an adult actor. My story isn't specifically based on either. I don't mention age at all. I prefer to leave this decision to the reader. Is that ok or do I have to say outright, that Paul is 19 or whatever?
Furthermore, he gets called boy by another, much older character. That is not to imply, that he is underage. It's just condescension by an elder. He is called a man another time in the story.
So is that ok or too risky?

And while I'm at it, here's a bonus problem for people, who like to speculate about these things:
I'm thinking about writing another story, but haven't even started yet. The main character will be 22 or 23 years old. Here's the thing: The story takes place in the future and the age of consent has been raised to 25. So this could be seen as a way to play around with the underage taboo, while technically staying within the rules. That's not my plan, though (at least I think so, I haven't thought about it too much). The age of consent thing is just a story detail, all the sexy action is about incest and cloning ("selfcest"). What do you think about that one?
Baby Yoda is 50 years old in human terms. But is clearly "under aged" in human terms. Do what you will with this info.

Back