Alt hunting, Lit’s favorite pastime :)

ToPleaseHim

JtohisPB/Brooke :)
Assuredly an incredibly common thing on any anonymous (or, really, pseudonymous) online forum, people create alts for a variety of reasons. And identifying alts is definitely something many try to do around here. So…let’s talk about it.

Who has created an alt? More than one? Why?

There are circumstances that make sense and some that are just strange, but if the alt creator isn’t hurting anyone, does it really matter that they are creating alts? Now, the hurting, the catfishing, the Lit letharios, that one FemDomme scammer (everyone knows that one by now, right?) - they are obviously problems. But, otherwise, alts can just be part of the fun, yeah?

I’ll start: Who has created an alt? More than one? Why?

I’ve had several. In fact, this account, the only one I have used for years, started off as an alt. My main account, my original account was JtoHisPB and I created this one to explore the BDSM forums, to ask questions I wanted to ask privately. I discovered BDSM here. If I got to know anyone on this account that I was friends with on my main, I told them right away.

I tried a second main account after deleting my original account (which I regret closing), BabblingBrooke. It’s still open. I’ve ventured into Lit Chat with it a few times (I don’t get Lit Chat).

Then…there’s the GB. And parody threads and accounts used to be a big thing over there. I have one hilarious one that I was super proud of (and only a couple people knew it was me), two accounts that were collaboration alts with other members with whom we shared the passwords…. Just mostly goofy stuff. This doesn’t seem to be much of a thing on the PG.

I used a couple of alts on a regional site a long time ago. Partly for increased anonymity (which is fucking hysterical when you think about it).

I have never bothered with an alt on lit. Never really needed it?

I currently have 32 alts. If you find them all then please let me know (I have forgotten a crew of them)

I just about manage to keep on top of one persona, if I had another one then I would end up so stressed!

I don’t mind if people have different variations of themselves but if we have spoken at length then please tell me. I don’t like deception at all and it would ruin any friendship we had or might have.

The thing I will never understand is those people who create an alt because their last one didn’t get enough attention. A change of name does not change your personality. Just be you and you will find your space.

I currently have 32 alts. If you find them all then please let me know (I have forgotten a crew of them)

I just about manage to keep on top of one persona, if I had another one then I would end up so stressed!

I don’t mind if people have different variations of themselves but if we have spoken at length then please tell me. I don’t like deception at all and it would ruin any friendship we had or might have.

The thing I will never understand is those people who create an alt because their last one didn’t get enough attention. A change of namr does not change your personality. Just br you and you will find your space.
Question, do your alts talk to each other? Is one named Karen?

I created this account after I lost access to my previous one... makes me sad because I would like to finish the stories I started with the old one.😕

I've mentioned this at least a couple times, but I created my first account here about 5 years ago, unexpectedly fell in love, moved across the country for him and eventually got too busy with the mind-blowing sex, life, work and other things to keep up with posting here for a while.

When I decided to come back recently, I made a new account, just in case he decided to check up on my old account...I seriously doubt he's watching the forums closely enough to recognize my words or tits, but he would if he did see certain posts 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'll give a real answer because I think the subject is worth pondering. Certain kinds of alts I think are fine to a degree, depending on the purpose. If you're just exploring the threads or whatever and not interacting much I think it's fine to go that way. If you're here getting to know people on a personal level using a completely fake personality then that isn't okay. It's especially fucked up if you fake a death or fake cancer or something like that. That's manipulative and horrible.

All of you are my alts. Every last one of you. Such is my genius, and so many are my personalities, that none of you even realize that you are, in fact, my alts.

Carry on.

It’s long been said that there are only a few people here and everyone else is an alt, lol.

I created this account after I lost access to my previous one... makes me sad because I would like to finish the stories I started with the old one.😕

Did you try reaching out to Laurel? I might be able to help if you want to send me your former username via pm.

I have an alt. Or, I suppose, I am an alt. I had my other account for like 6ish years. Not active in the forums. Lots of connections through PMs and a couple personals ads. I wanted to not necessarily be watched by people I had previously connected with and also have a less suggestive username.
Both are fully me though. And there are a handful of people that know both accounts.

I have my eye on a few accounts that I suspect are maybe the same person and all I believe are using stolen photos. That doesn’t sit right with me. I don’t have any proof. Just a hunch.

No alts just old banned accounts. UgliestSon, ModernDrunkard, Mr underground, UnshavenShaman. Probably forgetting some.

Back