Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

marvels-agents-of-shield.jpg

New episode, "The Well" begins in an hour. Bouncing to the spot cuz it's better with bourbon!

Thor: The Dark World tie-in tonight and it's directed by Number One himself, Jonathan Frakes! Be there or be a Level One square! :D

marvels-agents-of-shield.jpg

New episode, "The Well" begins in an hour. Bouncing to the spot cuz it's better with bourbon!

Thor: The Dark World tie-in tonight and it's directed by Number One himself, Jonathan Frakes! Be there or be a Level One square! :D

Please let me know if it's necessary to have seen Thor before watching . . . or how much it enhances the episode.

I'm going this weekend, and will hold out on the episode if needed.

I keep forgetting to dvr this show.

Will have to catch up with the repeats one of these weekends.

Please let me know if it's necessary to have seen Thor before watching . . . or how much it enhances the episode.

I'm going this weekend, and will hold out on the episode if needed.

You don't really need to see Thor 2 to enjoy this episode, it's more like an accompanying aftermath thing where the agents are dealing with the battle fallout. However, Thor and Asgard are directly referenced and are a pivotal plot point. Can't say anymore than that because there's really good reveals. But I do think seeing the movie first before the episode will enhance your appreciation of it.

It was an excellent episode and IMO, a direction they should take with the whole series.

New episode tonight, "Repairs." Some reveals are to be expected. Get your Level Seven clearance on, bitches! :D

You don't really need to see Thor 2 to enjoy this episode, it's more like an accompanying aftermath thing where the agents are dealing with the battle fallout. However, Thor and Asgard are directly referenced and are a pivotal plot point. Can't say anymore than that because there's really good reveals. But I do think seeing the movie first before the episode will enhance your appreciation of it.

It was an excellent episode and IMO, a direction they should take with the whole series.

Was a really good episode. All caught up, now (as an aside, not sure what the bitching was about Thor 2, I enjoyed it).

Looking forward to tonight. I think the show is improving weekly.

So, after coming back from the Xmas/New Year's hiatus, ABC bestows us with two new episodes.....only to disappear again till after the SuperBowl????????

This is high-handed fuckery, if you ask me.

So, after coming back from the Xmas/New Year's hiatus, ABC bestows us with two new episodes.....only to disappear again till after the SuperBowl????????

Oh no! There’s a Repeat!? Here’s the Deal.

January 21, 2014 by Director E · 7 Comments

Share on TwitterShare on Tumblr+1Submit to redditShare on Facebook

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns February 4, 2014.

There are two primary reasons Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., along with other full season drama shows, have multiple breaks in the season that are usually filled with either repeats of earlier episodes or special event programming.

Filming Schedule

Each episode takes 8 work days to film and after the episode is filmed it has to be produced including cutting/editing, adding sound, ADR (Additional Dialogue recording), adding music and in S.H.I.E.L.D.’s case adding visual effects which all take time. In total it takes approximately five weeks to produce one episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. If a new episode aired every week there would not be enough time to film and produce each episode in time to air.

Broadcast Schedule

A full season order for a drama series on ABC is 22 episodes, occasionally additional episodes will be added bringing it up to a maximum of 24 episodes. The season begins in September and ends in May, around 35 weeks. Simple math makes it obvious that to draw the season out to fill the season’s schedule there will need to be breaks.

From time to time these scheduled breaks will be planned to coincide with special events that make a certain date a logical one to skip but these are not generally the primary reason a week is skipped.

So ignore any rumors or speculation you may hear about why ABC is not airing a new episode on any given week, there is no concern on the part of ABC or Marvel, there is no secret reason or hidden conspiracy or evil intent, it is simply a practical and perfectly routine issue that affects all network dramas.

http://shieldtv.net/oh-no-theres-a-repeat-heres-the-deal

;)

Right. SHIELD tells you there is no secret conspiracy and you believe it? Next thing you'll be telling me you believe Obama was born on planet Earth.

Right. SHIELD tells you there is no secret conspiracy and you believe it? Next thing you'll be telling me you believe Obama was born on planet Earth.

[renard ruse]

Wait a minute...

President Obama is black, right...

...and director Nick Fury is black, right...

...and Fury has access to the President's ear, right...

OMG BLACK PEOPLE ARE RUNNING WORLD GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS WITH ACCESS AND CONTACT WITH ALIEN/INTERDIMENSIONAL RACES THAT COULD THREATEN OUR WAY OF LIFE!!!!!!! also THE AGENTS OF SHIELD ARE OBVIOUSLY LIBERALS AND THE FITZSIMMONS DUO IS OBVIOUSLY LESBIAN & GAY BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO CLOSE BUT DON'T FUCK EACH OTHER AND NOT BROTHER AND SISTER and WARD LOOKS KINDA JEWISH OR HALF-HISPANIC OR SOMETHING AND HE'S MESSING AROUND WITH THAT MIDDLE-AGED FEMINIST ORIENTAL WOMAN WHO DOES THE MARTIAL ARTISTS!!!!!

Just saying look out for liberals, blacks, jews, gays, lesbians, asians, democrats and leftover chitauri crap from that shithole New York City.

[/renard ruse]

Meh.

Time was when they'd show a bunch of new ones in a row and then a bunch of repeats. Two new ones followed by repeats is just silly.

Especially for someone into instant gratification.

Okay that's not even fair. I finally learn to put down the soda before reading a Zumi post and Island man teams up with him so I don't see that shit coming.

Meh.

Time was when they'd show a bunch of new ones in a row and then a bunch of repeats. Two new ones followed by repeats is just silly.

Especially for someone into instant gratification.

I hear what you're cooking, but this show is a special case in that they also have to make the episodes directly/indirectly tie into the solo Avengers movies coming out during the season run in order for the overall franchise to exploit its maximum potential. Also it helps the narrative. Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes out in April and they gotta make sure the dots line up right cuz Agents already made a reference to Bucky Barnes. And that movie is all about S.H.I.E.L.D.

What I discussed with my fellow AOS stans on Twitter during show commercial breaks was that ABC/Marvel should've done less expensive, low-SFX-impact "sidebar agent" one-off stories separate from the main team to run in place of the main story when it needed to be spread out. Would've given some secondary actors a break, kept the active weekly viewership feed unbroken and stayed within theme. S.H.I.E.L.D. has got agents all over the marble, you got stories for days on days.

I hear what you're cooking, but this show is a special case in that they also have to make the episodes directly/indirectly tie into the solo Avengers movies coming out during the season run in order for the overall franchise to exploit its maximum potential. Also it helps the narrative. Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes out in April and they gotta make sure the dots line up right cuz Agents already made a reference to Bucky Barnes. And that movie is all about S.H.I.E.L.D.

What I discussed with my fellow AOS stans on Twitter during show commercial breaks was that ABC/Marvel should've done less expensive, low-SFX-impact "sidebar agent" one-off stories separate from the main team to run in place of the main story when it needed to be spread out. Would've given some secondary actors a break, kept the active weekly viewership feed unbroken and stayed within theme. S.H.I.E.L.D. has got agents all over the marble, you got stories for days on days.

I really this idea.

They might not have wanted to go any bigger than they had already gone. They are planning a bunch of low tier heroes for a Netflix only run for the Defenders.

I really this idea.

They might not have wanted to go any bigger than they had already gone. They are planning a bunch of low tier heroes for a Netflix only run for the Defenders.

But in the here and now, is there a ceiling for anything Marvel Universe related outside of the money & production time necessary to put in quality SFX?

Point: Before Iron Man and the planned ensemble climb towards The Avengers, all superhero movies (Marvel-based, anyway) were taken as one-offs in their own private Idaho, even if the main bankable characters lived in the same damb city (NYC) and shoulda logistically crossed paths from jump street.

Now that supe flicks have gone through their necessary evolution grind to prove a collective intersectional franchise bankability, the powers that be shouldn't be scared to go to the next level to tell stories and not just sell action figures and costumes for Halloween.

Also, much like a sports team, the mainstay moneymakers can't keep playing young forever unless you write their age into the script. Hugh Jackman is approaching the twilight of his Wolverine career the same way Jeter is gonna have to hang it up after this year, as much as I love that motherfucka. Gotta switch it up. This series has the same long game potential like X-Files and Buffy had. Something involving the escapades of various minor S.H.I.E.L.D. agents in order to catalyze new actor blood into the game as well as utilizing good alternate stories floating around from fresh creators looking to get in starting from the Hollywood floor would be fun to watch, I believe.

Anyone watching it?

It isn't bad. Plus, it's got the adorable and sexy Agent Simmons.

FZZT-Agents-of-SHIELD-06.jpg
Dude.

It has promise, but under delivers at that times. I would like to see more heroes over gadgets.

For TV, it's great mind candy.

Did this get picked up for another season.

I gave up about 5 shows in. Just not good.

Sleepy Hollow on the other hand remains interesting.

Of course SH will get cancelled and this shit show will get picked up. See: Sportsnight, Family Guy and hundreds of others.

Character-License-Jemma-Simmons-SHIELD.jpg

If she looked like her badge on the show, she'd easily be the hottest.

She is easily the hottest even with her nerd downgrade. Very easily.

Did this get picked up for another season.

I gave up about 5 shows in. Just not good.

Sleepy Hollow on the other hand remains interesting.

Of course SH will get cancelled and this shit show will get picked up. See: Sportsnight, Family Guy and hundreds of others.

This show is excellent and should be picked up. I'm pretty sure Sleepy Hollow has at least once more season in it but the problem with SH is that it's got a very limited life in it and I don't see it having the charm to overstay it's welcome and still be loved. See Supernatural for a show that should have ended five years ago has done nothing in the last five years that stacks up well against the first five years and yet it's still entertaining enough that there's no real reason to cancel it other than it's been over for a while. It's effectively for pay fan fiction at this point.

Thank Buddha next week the new episodes pick up again. These bye weeks are killin' me!

Supposedly Deathlok is introduced. Also Lady Sif or the actress that plays her in the movies is going to be in for two upcoming episodes. Good times. :D

Hey, at least you've gotten a couple of new episodes since Christmas/NY, over here we've not had any at all, I get the feeling we'll get our first new one since then next week. In its friday eve slot all we've had is Celebrity Big Brother. :rolleyes:

Back