Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Paendragon

AmPic and SRP Moderator
Anyone watching it?

It isn't bad. Plus, it's got the adorable and sexy Agent Simmons.

FZZT-Agents-of-SHIELD-06.jpg

It is bad.

The plots of the episodes so far have more holes in them than a cheese factory, apart from Clark Gregg (who's totally slumming it) there's not one credible character in the entire cast and the story arc is so erratic and unfocused that I can't believe Joss Whedon is on board as one of the writers.

But of course I'm watching it anyway for the hot chicks and the action scenes... :rolleyes:

It is bad.

The plots of the episodes so far have more holes in them than a cheese factory, apart from Clark Gregg (who's totally slumming it) there's not one credible character in the entire cast and the story arc is so erratic and unfocused that I can't believe Joss Whedon is on board as one of the writers.

But of course I'm watching it anyway for the hot chicks and the action scenes... :rolleyes:

This. It's an awful show. Borderline unwatchable.

I love this show. Yes it has it's faults but they are doing a good job. It keeps getting better as they find their way.

i watched the first episode. that was enough. good eye candy and nothing else. i'll pass.

I'm watching it, and I wanted it to be good, but I don't see it making it, same goes for Sleepy Hollow.

I still think Person of Interest is the best show on television at the moment, and I'm enjoying The Blacklist.

I'm watching it, and I wanted it to be good, but I don't see it making it, same goes for Sleepy Hollow.

I still think Person of Interest is the best show on television at the moment, and I'm enjoying The Blacklist.

Sleepy Hollow - I like it. Campy and silly, but entertaining.

Person of Interest - one of my favs that I always watch.

Blacklist - another fav that I always try to catch.

I've never heard of the op show. It must be on a channel I don't get.

Walking Dead is probably my favorite show, although I tend to watch sports unless I remember a show I like is on.

Revolution is good too.

Anyone watching it?

It isn't bad. Plus, it's got the adorable and sexy Agent Simmons.

FZZT-Agents-of-SHIELD-06.jpg

I have not seen this show but keep hearing good things about it. Is it worth TiVo'g?

I love Scandal and try to catch it when Im home.
I also love the turn that "The Good Wife" has taken this season. Love this show.

It is bad.

Pretty sure Joss was only involved with creating the concept, sketching out generic character bios, and co-writing the pilot. Not that it really matters, since he's left the bulk of the writing to his brother and his brother's wife who basically just emulate Joss's style of having all the characters be quippy, snarky, quirky and oh-so-clever. Only none of the actors have any charisma, and they've made zero effort to develop them into people an audience might actually like, let alone care about, so we're just left with a lame clusterfuck of tedious, stupid nonsense that kinda pisses on everything Marvel's accomplished with their comic book universe movie franchise thus far. (Except the show is so aggressively awful that, by comparison, it actually elevates both of the Hulk movies to shining gems of awesomeness. So I guess that's something.)

The show is terrible. I couldn't get through the 3rd episode.

The premise was to create a team of the ordinary people who confront Supers.

We have

A chinese woman who can't lose a fight
2 nerds who can't out think each other
Super hacker who can get into anything
Super spy who can't be out spyed
And Coulson is a cyborg. But we know this is the build up for Ant-Man.

They need to fix the show, if you want to create a team of super-heroes that need minimal special effects

White Tiger, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Hank Pym, Victor Mancha.

My watchlist: Once upon a time, Blacklist, Arrow, Tosh.0

If you want good marvel art and writing, check out Guardians of the Galaxy, currently on issue #8. Feature length film coming soon, which is basically going to blow the Avengers mythos out of the water.

Christ Pratt as Star Lord Peter Quill is going to replace the aging Robert Downey Jr Ironman.

Yes! Blacklist has caught my attention as well. James Spader is so compelling. He fascinates me as well as makes me uncomfortable. Love his work.

Yes! Blacklist has caught my attention as well. James Spader is so compelling. He fascinates me as well as makes me uncomfortable. Love his work.

not to derail the original thread, James Spader is probably 1% of actors who can actually make terrible actors on the screen with them look good.

Yeah it's not that good, especially with elevated expectations. (Un)fortunately, depending on how you look at it, a number of episodes were made all at once (but not the whole season) so they weren't able to adjust the first few to audience reaction and feedback but hopefully that'll solve itself out as they continue and maybe by the time a second season rolls around, if they get one, it'll be what it should.

I love this show. Yes it has it's faults but they are doing a good job. It keeps getting better as they find their way.

I agree. I almost gave up after the pilot. The next few were meh, too. If it wasn't for Joss Whedon being a part if it I would have quit. But I think it's starting to figure itself out.

I agree. I almost gave up after the pilot. The next few were meh, too. If it wasn't for Joss Whedon being a part if it I would have quit. But I think it's starting to figure itself out.

It's a lot to ask of a weekly series, they have to develop characters for those people who don't read graphic novels, they have to appease those people who want action and cool gadgets, they have to create sexual tension so most women will bother to stay in the room with their male SOs, they have to keep comedic moments to keep us all invested. It can't be done in a few episodes so I'll stick it out for a good long while.

Person of Interest is one if the best. I just hope it keeps it up. I'm a little leery having the same show runners and EPs as Lost running things.

If you want good marvel art and writing, check out Guardians of the Galaxy, currently on issue #8. Feature length film coming soon, which is basically going to blow the Avengers mythos out of the water.

Christ Pratt as Star Lord Peter Quill is going to replace the aging Robert Downey Jr Ironman.

I was more into DC as a kid, which may be helping me here. I'm not invested in any of the Marvel mythology beyond anything superficial.

It's a lot to ask of a weekly series, they have to develop characters for those people who don't read graphic novels, they have to appease those people who want action and cool gadgets, they have to create sexual tension so most women will bother to stay in the room with their male SOs, they have to keep comedic moments to keep us all invested. It can't be done in a few episodes so I'll stick it out for a good long while.

I'll be right there with you. :)

If I'm invested, I tend to stick around a bit before writing a show off. Often to my own detriment.

I have faith that this one will continue to improve. I just hope enough people have stuck with it for it to make a difference.

I was more into DC as a kid, which may be helping me here. I'm not invested in any of the Marvel mythology beyond anything superficial.

I was a marvel kid, DC Adult, except for the Guardians title and Avengers AI.

Kyle_Rayner is a DC Lantern character.

Zoomie might have a fucking stroke with all these negative reviews.

I have all on the DVR yet to watch any.

Back