A thoughtful AH hero! 🤩

From the Black Mesa, to the rolling hills, to the Winding Stair Mountains, and the near desert of the Southwest, back to the Ouachita Mountains and forest, all the way to the southeast corner’s Magical Cypress Swamps, I’m a transplanted Okie from Huston. The Texican in me is long gone, and I'm a pure Oklahoman now.

From the Black Mesa, to the rolling hills, to the Winding Stair Mountains, and the near desert of the Southwest, back to the Ouachita Mountains and forest, all the way to the southeast corner’s Magical Cypress Swamps, I’m a transplanted Okie from Huston. The Texican in me is long gone, and I'm a pure Oklahoman now.
My parents grew up there. But I grew up Texican so we don't talk about that.

Maybe Black Mesa?
That was a joke, ha-ha, fat chance
Anyway, this cake is great
It's so delicious and moist

I don't understand. Am I being called a liar?
No.

The "Cake is a Lie" meme is 100% from the game.

You are forced into a series of experiments/escape rooms and to keep spirits up in the face of death, the overseeing computer (villain) keeps promising later rewards, cake being the meme'd one.

BlackMesa is the name of the shadowy group responsible for the experiments so I assume that's how your post is related.

Oh, okay. I just never played the game (or even heard about it), so I was confused. I'm not into computer games. I'm sure if I'd asked Jo, she'd have known it.
No.

The "Cake is a Lie" meme is 100% from the game.

You are forced into a series of experiments/escape rooms and to keep spirits up in the face of death, the overseeing computer (villain) keeps promising later rewards, cake being the meme'd one.

BlackMesa is the name of the shadowy group responsible for the experiments so I assume that's how your post is related.

I assure you, I've climbed to the top of Black Mesa and Robbers Roost. I got a history lesson from Pops when we did. Captain Cole's stone cabin is no longer there. They blasted it to pieces in the late 1860s. But when it was active, the Roost was home to up to 50 bandits and 30 whores at a time. That must have been one big assed cabin.

Oh, okay. I just never played the game (or even heard about it), so I was confused. I'm not into computer games. I'm sure if I'd asked Jo, she'd have known it.

The name of the place just made me think of the song so I thought I'd post it for a laugh.

I'm sorry for the confusion, it was just for a laugh and wasn't anything negative directed towards you.

I'm cool, was just a bit confused. I'm that way often. :p
The name of the place just made me think of the song so I thought I'd post it for a laugh.

I'm sorry for the confusion, it was just for a laugh and wasn't anything negative directed towards you.

You should definitely play Portal. It's a very fun physics puzzle game with an incredibly compelling story and amazing, witty, dark humor (although not SUPER dark).

The sequel has great 2 player cooperative mode, if you want to have fun AND get into a fight simultaneously.

Back