A Take on Canterbury Tales

CuttingEdge

Literotica Guru
The Canterbury Tales was a series of stories based around a group of people traveling down a roadway after having been a certain place. The novelty of the story was, each short story was derived from a different person as they traveled along, conversing to make the dreadful time pass.

My loose idea to help generate story ideas for others was: what if someone did a series of stories similar to this. It could be anything, for example a Husband and Wife having just explored a strip club. Even as tame as this is, what story would the wife reiterate? The husband say? The stripper say? The owner of the club? Each participant would have a much different view and thoughts despite watching the same scene play out.

But it could be about a husband and wife visiting a swapping club, at a hedonism resort talking with others, or being at a BDSM club too.

The Canterbury Tales was a series of stories based around a group of people traveling down a roadway after having been a certain place. The novelty of the story was, each short story was derived from a different person as they traveled along, conversing to make the dreadful time pass.

My loose idea to help generate story ideas for others was: what if someone did a series of stories similar to this. It could be anything, for example a Husband and Wife having just explored a strip club. Even as tame as this is, what story would the wife reiterate? The husband say? The stripper say? The owner of the club? Each participant would have a much different view and thoughts despite watching the same scene play out.

But it could be about a husband and wife visiting a swapping club, at a hedonism resort talking with others, or being at a BDSM club too.
Not sure if I fully understand the idea but what I'm taking from this is different short stories about the same place from different peoples point of view. So it could be a masquerade party or just sex party and each story is someone else's view of the action but still having a central connection of a particular couple

So it's basically "the five blind men and the elephant" but about some erotic episode instead of an exotic beast?

The idea of a 'story cycle' has been discussed often on SI and Chaucer has been referenced many times. The idea would be to invent an interesting common theme or setting to the stories, each of which would be able to exist as a stand alone. There is little we have nowadays by way of a pilgrimage analogy, except in certain primitive religions, but otherwise a writer would be at liberty to pick and choose from any number of possibilities.

I myself have written a series of short stories based in and around my nearby town, based on what could be going on behind closed doors and drawn curtains. My aim eventually would be to whittle them down to, say, a dozen or fewer, and then to revisit them, possibly working in some common sub-plots and characters.

This is a cool idea for my return to Celebrity fantasies. The actors on strike in Hollywood right now, reflecting on past hookups and other experiences while they stand on the picket line struggling for better job rewards. They have good reason for thinking about past happy experiences, right? And engaging in private discussions when they can. I’ll see how long I can make the premise work. Need to finish the fantasy femslash I got in the works right now too. That could also work as a premise for this. Gather the D&D adventuring party and have them discuss their past sexual encounters as they advance through the wilderness. Naturally it’s a group all willing to swap each other as partners around the campfire. Or shag each other one on one while exchanging friendly fantasy tales.

Feel free to use either premise, fellow writers, if you have more time on your hands than me.

Back