A Muse's Inspiration (closed for Poprockz)

"Not quite..." Blake said after Euterpe slapped his resting palm with hers. "Interestingly enough, it's something that the initiating person starts, but doesn't follow through on. When the moment arises, and the recipient is facing them, the initiator just raises their hand with their palm facing the recipient." Blake demonstrated by lifting his hand, but doing it at a height and distance that would be natural and easy for her to reach with the hand that wasn't semi-trapped between their bodies. "It's then up to the recipient turn away or lift their hand as well. If they lift their hand as well, both people will then bring their hands forward and, hopefully, high-five. It's not uncommon for people to miss or just barely hit each other's hands though, which can sometimes be embarrassing if others witness it."

Her eyes went to his hand and she lifted her hand hesitantly. "How do we know when to go though? Do we count down?"

Were they supposed to intuitively know when to bring their hands together, or was it a more coordinated effort? Would she be able to figure out when to move her own hand if he did, or would he follow her lead? Though this gesture wasn't something she would likely use very often, she wanted to get it right.

"Nope, no countdown." Blake said as he lowered his hand once more. "When the second person raises their hand or brings it backwards if it's already raised, both people know to just...go for it." He lifted his hand again when he finished speaking, and then pulled it back a touch before reversing it's motion and propelling it towards hers, hoping that she'd do the same. As he did so, his arm around her shoulders remained there, remaining relaxed and platonically placed in the hopes that she'd allow it to linger there for as long as possible.

Euterpe had been keenly watching his hand, so when he pulled it back she too pulled her own hand back and launched it forward. The two of their hands connected in a satisfying smack! and the goddess beamed. It had been the perfect high-five in her opinion- not bad for a first try.

"That was excellently executed if I do say so myself," she said in a self-satisfied manner. "Perhaps you and I are very compatible when it comes to this gesture." Another sour patch kid was popped into her mouth, though this time she didn't pucker quite as much.

Blake hadn't been aware of it, but he'd started holding his breath from the moment he started pulling his hand back. He felt the touch of Euterpe's hand on his own before he heard the satisfying sound of the high five and instantly let that breath out as a smile spread across his lips. It was such a small thing, but it meant so much to him because of who it was for. She'd missed so much through no fault of her own.

"Heh, indeed it was..." Blake said in response to Euterpe's words, "..and it does seem so yes. I do wonder if it's purely a hand-eye coordination thing, or if musical talent actually helps, because of our natural rhythm. It doesn't matter if the coordination is good if the rhythm is off. Our hands still hit, but it doesn't make that same satisfying sound when both hands are moving forward and hit each other's fully."

Another smile spread across Blake's lips as he watched Euterpe pop another Sour Patch Kid into her mouth, even if she was able to school her features a bit more this time. "So what do you think? You got another Star Wars movie in you, or is it time for bed?"

She was feeling a bit tired, but she really wanted to watch the next movie with him. It was a lot of fun seeing the new fantasy world, fight scenes, and characters, and she didn't want to simply retire for the night. Euterpe felt rather... comfortable, and she longed to hold onto the feeling for as long as she could. It had been so long since she simply did something casually with someone. It felt warm.

"I will watch another!" Euterpe proclaimed enthusiastically. "I need to find out whether Leia will choose Luke or Han Solo!"

Blake couldn't help but chuckle at Euterpe's enthusiastic response to his question, the motion making both of them jiggle a bit in the process. "One-hundred percent understandable..." He started, smiling as he followed her lead and grabbed a Sour Patch Kid and popped it into his mouth. His eyes closed briefly as he savored the taste and the sense of nostalgia it gave him. "At least you don't have to wait three years for your answer like they did back then!" As he spoke and joked about her not having to wait for the next movie, his hand moved back towards the remote so that he could put the next movie on before shifting his hips to get a bit more comfortable and fully reclining and relaxing once more. His trust bag of Doritos was still within reach, as was his Coke, all without having to withdraw his arm from around Euterpe's shoulders.

While Euterpe tried very, very hard not to get tired, she found her eyelids drooping about halfway through the movie. The muse wasn't going to admit defeat though, so she continued to try to sit up straight. She ended up having to use his body to keep herself upright as she leaned on him. Eventually though, her head gently tipped over and rested on his shoulder.

"Just... let me rest my eyes for but a moment and I will be able to continue," she murmured drowsily. Why did his body have to be so comfortable and warm? It wasn't making it any easier to finish the second movie of the admittedly epic series.

While Blake was of course watching the movie, it was utterly impossible for him to not be aware of the beautiful woman beside him. He felt and saw every movement she made on the couch, no matter how slight.

With his arm around Euterpe, Blake's body position had naturally started out leaning towards her, but as the movie played, and her strength faded, he felt her leaning against him more and more, and his body naturally adjusted, albeit slowly, to make it easier and more comfortable for her. Even with as comfortable as she seemed to be getting though, he was truly surprised when she actually tipped her head and rested it in the hollow of his shoulder.

"Okay..." Blake started softly, pausing the movie and shifting the slightest bit more, letting the shoulder Euterpe was laying against shift backwards to give her a slightly more reclined and comfortable position. "...take all the time you need." Even as he spoke, and of course after, he tried to keep his breathing long, slow, and deep so that his chest rose and fell equally slowly, all with the intention of trying to disturb her as little as possible.

"No, I.... Just a moment..." she murmured, not realizing that the TV had paused. Euterpe really didn't want the night to end, not only because she wanted to keep watching, but also because she didn't want this fun little vacation from reality to end. It felt like she was spending the evening with a friend; no strings attached, no expectations, just two people enjoying each other's company. When was the last time she had spent time with a true friend? It had been too long. Her efforts at staying awake were in vain, and soon she slipped into slumber against the man who freed her, breathing softly against the reassuring rhythm of his chest.

Blake swallowed hard when he heard Euterpe's words. He suspected that she was like him, and didn't want this night to end. They'd said it themselves, "just this once...", and even asking for more was just... He felt her falling asleep, but still could barely believe that it was possible. She was so very guarded, and rightfully so. It seemed impossible that she would allow herself to fall asleep, leaving her so very vulnerable.

Even when he knew that Euterpe was well and truly asleep, Blake's mental difficulties only increased. There were so many things he wanted to do, and while every one of them could lead to a positive outcome, they all had an equal chance of upsetting her. He even teared up a little as he looked down at the sleeping goddess, the fingers on his free hand twitching, even as he resisted the urge to hold her closer.

After what felt like an eternity to Blake, but was really more like five minutes, ten tops, he made his decision and started to move. It was impossible for him to keep his shoulder and chest still as he slowly slid off the couch and turned his body. His arm remained around Euterpe, cradling her against him as his other arm dipped beneath her knees. With as much care and gentleness as was humanly possible, he lifted her from the couch, bridal carry style, and walked on silent feet out of the living room, to the hallway, and into his bedroom.

Euterpe seemed so small in Blake's arms, cradled as she was, and he just hoped that she'd be okay with the decision he'd made, and not hold it against him. He walked around the bed, and eased her down, pulling the comforter and top sheet back as he did. He hated letting go of the warm and beautiful woman, even for an instant, but it was necessary.

Once Euterpe was nestled neatly in his bed, Blake turned around and pulled the curtains, the motion immediately plunging the entire room in darkness. He never knew when he'd be going to bed. So his curtains were basically blackout curtains, letting him have near-complete darkness, regardless of the time of day and amount of sunlight.

Blake's next task was the snacks, and as much as he REALLY didn't want to leave Euterpe alone, he'd told her that he could preserve the snacks if she opened all of them, and thus he had to do that before he joined her. The process was easy enough, sealing the box of Sour Patch Kids and bag of beef jerky, closing the box of Ritz sandwiches, and finally a combination of folding and rolling the tops of the bags of chips down so that he could put a chip clip on them to hold them closed.

With a night full of surprises, Blake really should have expected at least one more when he returned to his bedroom, but even if he'd been expecting a surprise, he never would have expected the form that it took, which was Euterpe crying in her sleep. The sight and sound of it all but broke his heart. Still, he closed the door as quickly and quietly as he could, ripped his shirt up over his head and off in a single motion, and slid into the bed. He could have remained on his side of the bed, faced away from her and tried to ignore her, but that just wasn't who he was, not anymore. He took the chance, bracing his hand and sliding over to her, pressing his chest against her back and moving his hand to rest on her hip.

"Euterpe..." Blake whispered softly to her. "Euterpe, wake up..." He hoped that his voice was loud enough, or that his motions on the bed would wake her from whatever bad dream she was having.

She hadn't noticed him carrying her to the bedroom, nor did she wake when he situated her in the bed. Only when he returned and called to her did she stir from her sleep. For a moment she was disoriented, looking around in the dark for the subject of her dream. "Henry?" she asked in a small voice. While an uninvolved person might not have known who that was, Blake would have recognized it as the name of his great, great grandfather.

Blake was glad that he'd been able to wake up Euterpe, but the name she uttered caught him off guard. While it was true that he hated his father, and now the rest of his family, he'd still been paying attention when his father had talked about them. As such, he recognized the name of his great, great grandfather. He didn't truly know that it was who she was asking for, but it gave him pause all the same.

"No, Euterpe..." Blake started softly, moving his right arm enough to let his stroke her hair. He knew it was risky, but he did it all the same. "It's Blake...are you okay?"

Ah, it was Blake. Of course, Henry was dead. He had been dead for a long time now and yet she still dreamed of him from time to time. She could still remember the way he smiled, the way he laughed. His lips had whispered words of love and tenderness and yet... Those lips that uttered such affections were unable to let the phrase she wanted most to pass through them. He was the last of his relatives she had fallen in love with before her heart completely closed off to them. Betrayal could only happen so many times before one was hardened to it, like a wound that scarred and reopened until it was a patch of tough flesh.

Euterpe wanted Blake to hold her, to comfort her, and that scared her to the bone. He had effortlessly earned some affection from her despite the walls she had around herself, and she wasn't sure how it had happened. All she knew was that her walls apparently weren't high enough, and once again she needed to put some distance between them.

His hand was rejected and brushed away from herself, the woman then proceeding to scoot away from him.

"I am fine," she said quietly. "I was merely having a nightmare. I am grateful that you roused me from it, but now we should sleep."

Blake hated the feel of Euterpe brushing his hand away from her hip, he truly did, but he also understood why she did it. So as much as it pained him, he pulled his other hand back from her hair, and slid back on the large king-size bed, even going as far as to pull the covers back towards her as he did so, lest he accidentally pull all of them from her side and leave her cold.

"I...uh..." Blake started, truly unsure of what to say, it anything. "...happy to help..." He finished at last, fully aware of how stupid and inadequate it sounded. "Is there anything I can do to help you sleep? Would you like a pillow wall between us, or for me to sleep on top of the sheet so that there is a layer between us?" He hated how the words sounded coming out, because he truly did want to do the opposite, but he forced himself to ask them all the same.

"All of that is unnecessary," Euterpe answered quickly, feeling just a little bit guilty for pushing him away. By all accounts, he seemed different from his forefathers, but she simply couldn't take that risk. While there was no risk of him binding her once more, there was still the risk of betrayal and with one word from him, her plans to rescue her sisters would go up in smoke. He had more power than he might know. She needed him for this plan to work, but she didn't need a lover. If she truly put her heart in his hands, she didn't think she would recover this time.

"I am not angry, but I would prefer that we didn't cuddle." Euterpe said more softly.

Euterpe's first words came quickly after his question, and a bit more sharp than Blake expected. Still, he held back his response, figuring that it was just because of the circumstances. His patience was thankfully rewarded when she spoke again, her tone softer this time.

"I understand..." Blake responded softly, nodding his head at her words, even though she couldn't see him. It wasn't even a lie, because in his own way he did understand. He'd known that they could only do this once and that she could call an end to it at any time. Hell, he'd known that this might happen when he made the decision to move from the couch. It would be stupid of him to blame her for it or get mad that a known possibility had happened. Still, while he could have turned completely away from her after moving away, letting his body language express his potential displeasure at the situation, he chose the opposite. Even as he laid there, with his head on his pillow, and his eyelids slowly starting to droop, his brown eyes continued to watch her, wishing that there was more he could do for her.

She fought the urge to sigh, having perceived disappointment in his tone. He didn't fight her on it, get angry, nor try to manipulate her; he simply... accepted. It made her feel a strange combination of disappointment and gratitude. Of course Euterpe had wanted him to respect her word, but she was disappointed at the fact that she hadn't allowed him to get close. It was a bit confusing, these conflicting emotions.

Instead of dwelling on things too much, she closed her eyes and willed herself to sleep. The sooner she slept, the sooner she could leave the unpleasant feelings in the dark where they belonged.

And so she soon slept once again.

In the morning, Euterpe hadn't consciously meant to do anything but the way they were situated certainly wasn't Blake's fault. He was respectfully on his own side of the bed. However, there was a sleeping muse draped against his body. Somehow, she had ended up scooting across the bed, perhaps drawn by the warmth of his body. Her arm was across his abdomen, bending up so that her palm rested on his chest. Meanwhile, her leg was up and over him as though he was a man-shaped body pillow.

"Mm..." she nuzzled his shoulder, seemingly having a very pleasant dream.

While Blake had naturally hoped that Euterpe would change her mind, such was not the case. So when his eyes drooped for the last time, and he fell asleep, it was while he was laying on his side facing her.

While Blake had dreamed of his music the night before, courtesy of Euterpe's power, his dreams this time were of the muse herself. He dreamed of her beautiful face, the sensual curves of her body, the touch of her lips, and of course the press of her body. He could almost swear that it was real, even as he felt himself drifting back to consciousness.

It was the feel of Euterpe's breath on his shoulder that truly pulled Blake into consciousness, with the contented sound she made only serving as icing on the cake. He felt the weight of her leg draped over his waist next, and couldn't help but wonder how they'd managed to end up like this without waking up.

Blake took one long, slow, and deep inhale before he opened his eyes, taking in Euterpe's unique scent. Only then did he open his eyes and slowly turn his head to take in the disheveled beauty that she was. Other than that, he didn't move an inch, once more trying to savor this moment and make it last as long as possible.

Last edited:
It wasn't clear how much time had passed, but eventually the muse was roused from the realm of dreams. She was very warm, or rather she was holding something very warm. Something that felt like skin and firmness. No, not something, someone.

Her eyes slowly opened with a confused look on her face. Why was she pressed against him? Did he go over to her side of the bed? No, she could see the edge of the bed over his shoulder, so it had obviously been her who had crossed that line and grabbed onto him. Euterpe lifted her head slightly and looked over to her side of the bed, the empty side, then back to him. Her cheeks started to flush as the situation sunk in.

It was a rather embarrassing position to wake up in, especially considering she was practically straddling him. She had firmly told him last night that she didn't want to cuddle, and yet here she was, cuddling. Besides, what if he took offense and thought she had been trying to feel-up his unconscious form?! "Blake I- I didn't mean to- I-" it was a bit difficult to figure out what to say. "I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to touch you inappropriately!" Her leg started to come down until it bumped against his morning wood, only giving her a more flustered look. Now it looked like she was blatantly lying!

When Blake wasn't dozing off in his oh so enviable position, he was of course looking at the beautiful muse that was all but on top of him. So naturally he saw when Euterpe woke up, could see the gears turning as she figured out exactly where she was and what she'd done, and of course the flush that came to her cheeks when it all sank in.

Blake listened to Euterpe's stuttered and stammering words, a small smile coming to his lips as he remembered him doing the exact same thing just yesterday. He was calm but amused until he felt her leg start to slid down and off of him. When it bumped against and was thus halted by his achingly hard morning wood though, he let out a low groan. Even with the barrier of clothes between them, the combination of his dreams and her in this position had his bottom lip quivering with desire.

"I-I...understand Euterpe..." Blame stammered through his lust-addled thoughts. "His hand then moved to gently take hold of her leg as the other one grabbed her shoulder. His grips tightened as he shifted his hips and rolled them over. The arm around her flexed as he braced on it, using it to support his weight as they rolled so that she didn't have to bear his weight. When he was finished, he was braced on his elbow and knees between her spread legs, his hard and throbbing cock pressing insistently between her legs, despite each of their clothes hindering it's attempts.

"We can't control what we do in our sleep, can we?" Blake asked simply with a smile as he slowly lifted his upper body enough so that he could remove the elbow he'd been bracing on. The act of lifting his upper body up and back did of course make his lower body press down and forward, making his cock press against her even more. He did his best to ignore that elephant in the room though, even if he was kneeling between her spread thighs.

Rolling her over was rather unexpected, but she wasn't upset by it. More surprised, really.

While the night time was an excellent time to be intimate, Euterpe was actually more horny in the morning most days. Perhaps that was part of what had led to her accosting him in his sleep. As she felt his erection against herself, she couldn't help but also start to feel that familiar ache in her loins. She hadn't meant to look, but her eyes flicked down to the obvious bulge in his boxers.

"No, we can't..." her sentence drifted off as her amber gaze traveled back up to those dark eyes of his. Once again, she thought to herself that he was rather handsome. His tousled hair, that warm smile... Euterpe didn't make a move to get away from him, nor to close her legs.

"As an... apology for my actions, I could help you take care of your morning salute, if you like." Euterpe suggested, trying not to let on that it was merely a pretense.

Blake was in the middle of nodding in response to Euterpe saying that they couldn't do it. He of course wasn't going to force her, or even pressure her. Her second statement though, and what it implied, stopped him mid nod. It was his turn to blush, and boy did he blush! It was one thing to fuck a goddess, but the thought of possibly getting a blowjob from one was enough to have his cock almost burst from his boxers.

"Th-there is nothing to a-apologize for, Euterpe. Accidents happen after all, but I certainly won't turn down the help...if you're offering it."

Blake's face was still very flushed, both with embarrassment and arousal. It was taking everything he had to keep his breathing steady, his excitement trying so very hard to take over in this moment.

"I am. So I suggest you get in a comfortable position." Her eyebrow raised playfully, a little smile having come to her lips. It was nice to see that she still had an effect on him despite the events of last night. The way he blushed and tried to be such a gentleman, it only made her want it more. She wondered if all the cum from last night had drained into his boxers or whether it was still coating her insides.

Euterpe's words, that playfully raised eyebrow, and of course that cute little smile had Blake's bottom lip finding it's way between his teeth. His entire body was quivering with excitement as he ironically rolled back the way he'd come so that he was lying where he had been when they woke up, this time with the beautiful goddess laying beside him. Once he was on his back, with his head comfortably resting on his pillow once more, his lust-darkened brown gaze turned towards the goddess once more. He wanted so badly to reach a hand out and stroke that lovely blond hair of hers, but he resisted, even if the act did leave his hands quivering and his fingers twitching.

Back