A moment for a great writer! The_shadow_rising

The Perils of Rock n Roll Decadence is harder to evaluate clearly. It has lots, lots of good stuff: the seduction (or rather, the seductions, pre and post the main act); first times when the girlfriend has the lover's dick completely in her mouth and pussy (in the latter case she immadiately cums!); wonderfull, over-the-top dirty talk (with more than usual of "I love my boyfried so much" when being full of another's dick); and page 79 is one of my favorite piece of smut ever. But, man, it's so, so, so long and repetetive! I know it's the design, but if I have to read 20-30 practicaly the same pages for an orgasm I may not have a time foir it.

I absolutely love The Perils of Rock n Roll Decadence (TPRRD?): Mia is possibly one of Shadow's best female protagonists (neck-and-neck with Claire and Alexia) and Theo is a wonderfully charming seductive cunt. Together they make a fantastic story that I'd love to see revisited someday (along with Sophie's Wedding - please?).

Also page I credit page 79 (and page 10 of Sophie's Engagement) for my current obsession with shoving marathon sex montages in my own work, but seriously that page was hot! We needed more descriptions of Mia and Theo fucking everywhere in two hotel rooms while her boyfriend suffered his Conveniently Incapacitating Illness and somehow managed to NOT HEAR ANYTHING?!?

However... and it pains me to say this, but the story desperately needed more variety for its INSANE length (I know I might sound like a hypocrite here considering common complaints levied against my own writing): the main sex scene itself is 38 Lit pages (starts on page 34, climaxes on page 72), 28 of which are in missionary (they switch to cowgirl on page 58, then back to missionary on page 68). The sex montage later has them fucking on sofas, drawers, and in showers! That would be some fun positions to have describe in more detail.

Anyway, thought I'd gush a little about one of my favourite stories from The Shadow Rising.

Nice to see an answer for my comment. Especially from someone with similar opinion.

I'd too like to revisit Mia-Theo illicit sex once more. My idea would be to start with sex montage showing the two of them fucking madly and risky. Next the main event would be Marie catching them in the act and being slowly dragged into it, in the result becoming slutty cheating girlfriend herself. Then, their boyfriend would return home and the girls would be switching between keeping them busy and fucking Theo in the other room.

I love sex montages as well, they're perfect to show how hot the couple is for each other. Thsnks for directing me to page 10 of Sophie's engangement, I'll definitively check your works if there's more of it there xD

Btw Claire and Alexia - what stories are they in?

Btw Claire and Alexia - what stories are they in?

Claire is from The Shadow Rising's Valestock series; a wonderful romp that gradually escalates the fetishes from cheating to incest.

Alexia is an Amazon product... I'm kidding! She's from The Bride's First Dance; the best, in my opinion, of TSR's post-Perils works (dividing his works into the Sophie-era (00's stuff), pre-Perils-era (2011-2013, when he wrote a lot), Perils (2018), then post-Perils (2019+)). I've probably given this way too much thought.

Claire is from The Shadow Rising's Valestock series; a wonderful romp that gradually escalates the fetishes from cheating to incest.

Alexia is an Amazon product... I'm kidding! She's from The Bride's First Dance; the best, in my opinion, of TSR's post-Perils works (dividing his works into the Sophie-era (00's stuff), pre-Perils-era (2011-2013, when he wrote a lot), Perils (2018), then post-Perils (2019+)). I've probably given this way too much thought.

Valestock series I read and very much enjoyed. Just don't remember any names. But yes, Claire was a fun character, and became so depraved during the course of the story.

The Bride's First Dance I didn't read yet, but in that case, I have to.

And don't worry: I perfectyl understand giving "too much" thoughts to your fav smut writer. I have one on AO3 and seriously - I could create a wiki for his smuttyverse.

I've finally read The Bride's First Dance and I have to agree with @RedLegoDragon that it's one of The Shadow's best.

Pros:
* All three main characters are very likeable. Alexia's a lovely girlfriend, who starts denying even touching the stripper's dick and ends wanting her fiance's best friend to fuck her over and over again (and she's blonde!). Jesse's a smug bastard, a little creepy sometimes, but not so creepy to be disgusting. And finally Taylor, so kind and faithful; I felt sorry for him.
* MCs having loud, illicit sex with the doors open. Especially the moment when Taylor sees them and even talks with Jesse. Especially especially when Jesse changes the position so Taylor could see his fiancee getting pounded (and the explicit descripion how wide Jesse's dick stretches Alexia's pussy - delicious).
* Not too much of it, but even a little sex marathon is enjoyable.
* Also, the usual: over-the-top sex scene, amazing blow job scene, so much dirty talk (especially love, engangement and wedding related - the duo is so bad!).

Cons:
* Alexia succumbs to lust too quickly. It's like she retreats from Jesse's kiss, then she takes them to dance in front of Taylor, next they're in the room and boom - the girl craves for treacherous sex. Yep, she thinks a little of the stripper's and Jesse's cock earlier, but too little IMO.
* Taylor and his friends are probably deaf, not hearing Alexia's "I love you Taylor" screams. But, it's part of the convention, and some of it is addressed, so only minor thing.
* All around the stripper. I mean, what happened with the real stripper who should come to the bachelor party? One line like "the agency called you won't be here, but glad you make it" would fix that. Also, as far as I heard, most of strippers has "no touching rule", so it's weird that Jesse's so touchy.

Another thing is that this story almost desperately needs a continuation!
First, it ends literally moments from Jesse finding the way to fuck Alexia despite Taylor being near - I want to know how it happened!
Second, all of this wedding dirty talk should pays off. Just imagine the possibilities: Alexia being a little late because having sex with Jesse right before the wedding (with maybe Amy covering for her?); walking down to Taylor with sperm in her mouth, which she swallows just before "I do"; Alexia and Jesse fucking after the reception while Taylor lies drunk somewhere near...

But once again, it's one of The Shadow's best, and an amazing read.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you all enjoy the stories and characters so much. Means a lot to me. I appreciate you all being so dedicated to them all!

Keep writing them and we'll keep reading! I always look forward to a return visit to Shorehaven!

Second, all of this wedding dirty talk should pays off. Just imagine the possibilities: Alexia being a little late because having sex with Jesse right before the wedding (with maybe Amy covering for her?); walking down to Taylor with sperm in her mouth, which she swallows just before "I do"; Alexia and Jesse fucking after the reception while Taylor lies drunk somewhere near...

Oh great, now there's two weddings I want @The_shadow_rising to write about! :LOL:

Back