2013 Poem a week comment thread

Is "speaking with the dead" our de facto October challenge?

[edited to acknowledge that there is already a challenge!]

Last edited:
Is "speaking with the dead" our de facto October challenge?

First off, I love your poem.

The challenge is not de facto! For realz. I was planning to start a Halloweenish challenge tomorrow. (I just hate starting them too soon.) But yes, the theme will be death because a) it's seasonal and timely and b) don't we all really love writing about death anyway? Also if we start on the 20th, we have 13 days to do it. I'm going for a 13-day challenge in honor of uh Vincent Price.

Did I wait too long to start it? I could post it at midnight (est) tonight but I have to see who is on SNL first. Lol, or because I'm lazy. Can I get you to write another poem about it? :D

:kiss:

Can we do sex next?

I'm not stopping anyone. Have all the sex you want. More sex and less death sounds good, except for the poem which could have more death than sex or even equal amounts of sex and death but hopefully won't make me say "ew" when I read it.

I do like saying sex and death. You teach a class about sex and death?

I'm not stopping anyone. Have all the sex you want. More sex and less death sounds good, except for the poem which could have more death than sex or even equal amounts of sex and death but hopefully won't make me say "ew" when I read it.

I do like saying sex and death. You teach a class about sex and death?

You should be there for show-and-tell!

Ahh, but experience begets poetry, not the other way 'round!

I am plenty experienced. With both subjects. But I feel like I'm getting in the way of eyebrows and waving things...

(Sorry I hit edit on your post at first instead of quote. I guess cooking and writing and thinking about sex and death overwhelmed me.)

I am plenty experienced. With both subjects. But I feel like I'm getting in the way of eyebrows and waving things...

(Sorry I hit edit on your post at first instead of quote. I guess cooking and writing and thinking about sex and death overwhelmed me.)
no, it's me in the way. :) *butts out*

reading the 2013 poems this morning, from corndog's undead pig to tess' sentinels of the western shores . . . such wonderful material, those and all in between. A's villanele is rich. one of the reasons i so love this place - what a breakfast to feed a soul before heading out into the dark morning and into the day's hubub. thankyou, writers. you do me good. :rose:

Challange

Missed this thread but maybe somebody can count my poems I put on Literotica once a week?

Missed this thread but maybe somebody can count my poems I put on Literotica once a week?

Hi. I moved your post over here because the Poem a Week thread is for poems only. Any comments about the poems there should be posted here in this thread. :)

There is no way to count all the poems you post here on the forum unless you do it yourself for your poems. If you submit your poems to Lit (as opposed to just posting them here), the submissions system will keep count of them on your user page. The poems you post here are not part of that whole submissions system.

Hope this info helps! You can find more answers on Lit's Frequently Asked Questions page.

:rose:

Just count your poems from here on out to the end of the year, sexnovella. This week is 43, so start there.

There is no penalty for joining late.

Just start at 43 (or, if you feel you're really starting next week, at 44) and continue on from there.

The idea is to write a poem a week, that's all.

Back