….pick up younger woman at a bar, what makes older men attractive to younger woman

The age gap can be whatever you think. If you’re an older guy, what has worked for you? If you’re a younger woman, what would/could/has worked for you?

Older man who may be getting released back into the wild soon and have no idea what I’m in for…..
Be yourself. You have the wisdom (hopefully) of years, and the patience to just be a good conversationist without coming on to them. They will come on to you. I am a widower (almost three years), and am always a bit surprised when it happens.
Also, manage expectations. Six months after my wife's death, a 42 year old married friend dragged me into bed, and said she wanted to make sure I remembered how to get in and out of the saddle. Also said she had wanted to fuck me for a long while anyway (she was a good friend of my niece). Don't know if she ever told her husband and don't care. She is the one who brought me back to life and I will always thank her

Last edited:
The age gap can be whatever you think. If you’re an older guy, what has worked for you? If you’re a younger woman, what would/could/has worked for you?

Older man who may be getting released back into the wild soon and have no idea what I’m in for…..
Like the ABBA song said: Money, Money, Money! What else would a young woman see in an old fart?

The mere thought of establishing any kind of relationship with a woman in her 20's for more than a day exhausts my patience and makes my mind go numb.

I am retired, in my 50’s. I got bored and was working another job to get out of the house. The young women there flirted with me all the time. It was no big secret that I have a decent pension and real didn’t need to work. After my wife died, one of them flat out stated that if I ever felt like being a sugar daddy to call her. I’m going to say the most attractive thing about older men is their fatter wallets. I didn’t take her up on it. I’m also in the boat of not knowing how to hook up anymore.

What attracts young women to old men????
The balance of their credit cards...
Nothing else...

Money is attractive to a girl especially if this is proof that he can adapt, and this is how he made money.
Do you feel comfortable in a bar hitting on girls? Probably not, if not you would not ask this.
I know that for me my top places to pick up are museums. There are plenty of single women, you can examine them in daylight, they feel at ease, and there is a conversation topic just in front of you.
But this is for me, and this is who I am. Ask yourself which place is where you feel at ease and dominate the interaction.
Also if you sound a bit needy, this is a major turn off for women. Start from somewhere and develop your skill. First duty of a man to himself is to have enough sex, than he can do other things, and probably get more sex.

Last edited:
As someone in a relationship, I can’t relate to the wallet aspect of older men. What I love about older men is that they often are somewhat independent and don’t “need” a woman to take care of them.

If an older man came up to me and started hitting on me (I don’t wear a wedding ring so no one would know my status) I would entertain his flirting if he was well groomed, was relatively fit and had good conversational skills.

Happy New Year! I stumbled on your post and am more than intrigued by your handle....lol BUT alas no photo.... pretty please?? May I see? ;-)

New at this and it’s my first reply. Not sure how to answer your question.

Have to say I find the repeated transactional answers here a little tiring.

I'm 61, my wife's 38 and our relationship's based on a lot of mutual compatibility: we each bring qualities we're strong on and where the other's not so hot and it's got nothing much to do with age. So she's great with money and bills, planning and keeping shit sorted (which I'm rubbish at because other than having just enough, I'm hopeless with money and can't be arsed to think about the future past my next meal, drink or orgasm 🤣). Conversely I do most of the housework, laundry, cooking, driving etc because I find them easy and not a drag; she appreciates that. She's a little prone to depressions and black dog moods; I'm pretty sunny-side up and immune to sadness.

That said, although we have a generation's worth of gap (my musical taste mostly originates from before she was born), I'm pretty sure I'd find most women her age or a bit younger hard to deal with. That I'm basically pretty immature and she's the opposite makes the age gap irrelevant.

So we're not typical of an age gap relationship, but answering the OP I'd say that what makes older guys attractive to younger women in a sweeping generalisation is attitude, confidence, life experience, calmness with who we are, lack of ego or need to prove anything.

I met my wife when she was 24 and I was 42. I played the long game. She had a boyfriend, so I spoiled her in other ways. Let her talk about her life and her problems. Be a safe shoulder to lean on. Do little things for her that she couldn’t afford to do for herself. And be patient. After about a year - I was with her one evening having drinks (innocently) when she got a call from his mobile - but it was a woman on the line. Seems both “thought” they were his only girlfriend. So - at this point - right place right time. I comforted her and she wanted to go back to her place. I took her and the rest is history.

so, if you are wanting a relationship:

1) form a mental relationship first
2) always let her know what a great catch you’d be by being attentive - both mentally and by doing nice small things for her
3) be patient
4) when time is right - don’t hesitate!

If all you’re wanting is fun sex for a few nights - it is 100% true about daddy issues. Find the girl with daddy issues and be what’s missing in her life. Works 100% of time.

I'm not that old (mid 40s,) but I do what I've always done; go out and engage in my interests. Art festivals, social classes like cooking, etc. It takes time and good fortune, but you get into something once in a while. It helps to network with anybody and everybody, because women want to know you're social and not a REAL creep, but also people are going to introduce you to people.

For instance, the last younger woman I met was through a photo model at an art festival, who I met through the artist himself. This really helped because she was a bit shy at first, and the opening banter was partially fed through the model friend. I started attending private parties at their place, and as the only dude I was assigned as the grill master. She wasn't shy for long, it turned out.

At one time they'd only interested in the size of your cock,now it's the size of your bank balance.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, so I will say this much and then shut up, but my time with him was very memorable, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It was clear on the upfront that he wanted "cake," and I needed some sort of financial assistance, and I warned him that of my character flaws, I think highly of myself. He was fun and attentive and kind to everyone, and he taught me so much, but those weren't things I expected going into it. I thought I might date him for a few weeks. I never expected four years.

I wrote about this experience in another thread some time ago, and after my comments in that thread, I decided to track him down and contact him. We talked for hours, and now we text or talk regularly. He is 74 now. God, how time flies! When the heat breaks in Florida, I plan to go visit him.

To the OP or any other guys reading this, let me explain that when this whole thing started, knowing that he only saw me as entertainment, I found highly offensive. Maybe that's just me, but I think you should keep that in mind if you're going to approach a woman in a bar. I love sex, I really do, and while sometimes I like to be "used," nobody wants to be truly used. So what's in it for her?

Read what I said above. I can tell you right now that John would have had zero chance of picking me up in a bar. I honestly don't think you need money for a relationship with a younger woman, but I think a one-night-stand might be difficult to attain.
Every person is different. I remember many years ago, I was in my 40's and a female intern (very hot) was 22 and she just point blank asked if I'd consider having an affair with her. I said no, as I knew I was transferring to another state in a week, so what was the point. So she had an affair with the older guy that replaced me. I asked her why, and she said she only messes with married guys because she wants it naughty and no strings. So, there are young woman that are into a married guy for no strings, and naughty sex. Not all woman obviously, but in a bar there is a good chance....

Every person is different. I remember many years ago, I was in my 40's and a female intern (very hot) was 22 and she just point blank asked if I'd consider having an affair with her. I said no, as I knew I was transferring to another state in a week, so what was the point. So she had an affair with the older guy that replaced me. I asked her why, and she said she only messes with married guys because she wants it naughty and no strings. So, there are young woman that are into a married guy for no strings, and naughty sex. Not all woman obviously, but in a bar there is a good chance....
So today's young guys only want missionary sex with a commitment?

I had no idea.

Back