Can BDSM Be Psychologically Damaging To Your Pet/s?!!

Can BDSM Be Psychologically Damaging To Your Pet/s?!!

• Yes, but they will survive

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Yes, and they will never be the same again

• Yes, and they will soon show signs of being corrupted by joining in

• No, they are just animals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, but perhaps it depends on the kink and/or the pet

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Wouldn't have a clue

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

catalina_francisco

Happily insatiable always
OK, we have discussed everything from friends to family and all people in between in relation to how our love of BDSM affects others.....what about the family pet? LOL, Masterful One was trying out a leftover of one of our renovations (a small wooden plank) on my butt in the living room and I looked up to see Marcella (cat) looking on shocked and frightened, but clearly fascinated. Unlike Zora, her own curiosity prevented her from following her instinct to run away and she came back to look some more from a safe distance behind the couch.

We placed the offending item on the floor and she crept up to it with eyes like saucers, flicking from the mystery monster to us and back, put out a tentative paw to touch it's surface, jumped back, tried to approach it again (several times :rolleyes: ), then decided it was just too dangerous for her to play with. Her face has maintained a puzzled and shocked, not to mention wary look, ever since. :catroar: So can this be damaging to our little friends..anyone else had similar experiences to draw from? :p

Catalina :rose:

Last edited:
I know you're likely teasing with this, but I had to answer. ;)

I said depends upon the pet and the kink.. because this has happened to us... though I imagine it's more on the subject of can the pet be damaging to the Dominant. *laughs*

Usually, I take pains to be sure my GSD is either outside or downstairs when it looks like things could get rough. I have forgotten to do that once... and will never do that again. After the first smack that caused me to cry out, he was at the side of the bed, snarling.. and though he loves C, he has spent most of his 8 years with me and felt quite certain that it was time to play canine bouncer to this cruel man spanking his owner. I had to reassure him and drag him away, then spend some time convincing him that C was not actually -hurting- me in a bad way.. it was quite an experience.

So yeah.. I'm an advocate of keeping the pets as far away from the BDSM as I do my kid, if only for the personal safety of the spanker in a house full of big protective dogs who prefer the submissive in the relationship. :D

sunfox said:
I know you're likely teasing with this, but I had to answer. ;)

I said depends upon the pet and the kink.. because this has happened to us... though I imagine it's more on the subject of can the pet be damaging to the Dominant. *laughs*

Usually, I take pains to be sure my GSD is either outside or downstairs when it looks like things could get rough. I have forgotten to do that once... and will never do that again. After the first smack that caused me to cry out, he was at the side of the bed, snarling.. and though he loves C, he has spent most of his 8 years with me and felt quite certain that it was time to play canine bouncer to this cruel man spanking his owner. I had to reassure him and drag him away, then spend some time convincing him that C was not actually -hurting- me in a bad way.. it was quite an experience.

So yeah.. I'm an advocate of keeping the pets as far away from the BDSM as I do my kid, if only for the personal safety of the spanker in a house full of big protective dogs who prefer the submissive in the relationship. :D

Oh I can imagine!! I have known cats to also get that protective urge when they think the object of their affection is being attacked....claws in certain areas of the male anatomy could get painful to say the least. :eek: Marcella was torn between curiousity, trepidation, and fascination I think....enough to overcome common sense and investigate further anyway. ;)

catalina_francisco said:
Oh I can imagine!! I have known cats to also get that protective urge when they think the object of their affection is being attacked....claws in certain areas of the male anatomy could get painful to say the least. :eek: Marcella was torn between curiousity, trepidation, and fascination I think....enough to overcome common sense and investigate further anyway. ;)

*laughs* Francisco is lucky that your cats are not of that bent.

Mine either... He is only annoyed if we displace him off the bed when he's snoozing in the sun.. and he seems content to place the irritation equally on both of us. :D

sunfox said:
*laughs* Francisco is lucky that your cats are not of that bent.

Mine either... He is only annoyed if we displace him off the bed when he's snoozing in the sun.. and he seems content to place the irritation equally on both of us. :D

LOL, think they are still settling in, though they have effectively taken over the house one paw step at a time. Latest conquest is they have decided the future guest room is their personal bedroom and hang out place. They have also figured out that if one of us does not seem to be giving them what they demand or hint they want, it is adviseable to try the other one in the hope their wish will become a command. Two distinct personalities who plot and plan together when it seems to fit their purpose. :cattail:

*wistful sigh*

Hearing you two talk reminds me that I would dearly love a cat. It sounds like so much fun!

Alas, I cannot answer your poll catalina because I have no furry friends of my own. :(

Damn this rented accomodation I live in.

curiousjen said:
*wistful sigh*

Hearing you two talk reminds me that I would dearly love a cat. It sounds like so much fun!

Alas, I cannot answer your poll catalina because I have no furry friends of my own. :(

Damn this rented accomodation I live in.

I can empathise....the past 2 1/2 years are the first time in my life I have not had at least one furry friend. F commented on the noticeable positive change these 2 rascals brought to my depression from the moment we picked them up from the refuge. Now to get to work on getting a dog...and LOL, I am already trying to eradicate him of his distaste for the idea of pet mice. :devil:

I have a firm belief that my girl cat is a bottom, to see her interact with the boy cat. She eats second, she waits for the good spot at the window and she gets her ass kicked often in games of cat tag and greco-feline wrestling.

I also have found that the girl cat enjoys a solid thumping spanking action to the hind end when administered by me: she purrs and sticks around for it, and she's not normally very into being petted.

Netzach said:
I have a firm belief that my girl cat is a bottom, to see her interact with the boy cat. She eats second, she waits for the good spot at the window and she gets her ass kicked often in games of cat tag and greco-feline wrestling.

I also have found that the girl cat enjoys a solid thumping spanking action to the hind end when administered by me: she purrs and sticks around for it, and she's not normally very into being petted.

LOL, our two are both female and seem to take turns at who tops which I guess makes them switches. Interesting scene at the window this afternoon was when Marcella decided to gently wash Zora's head.....Zora appreciated it to a point and then firmly planted her paw on Marcella's head at which point M submissively left and sat on the floor. When she returned later, Zora was in the same position and began lowering her head slowly in Zora's direction until her nose was almost touching the sill though still sitting upright (looked very weird)...Marcella took her cue and leaning forward, licked her head once again, only stopping when the same signal was given as before. Shortly after Zora gave her one lick on the forehead as if to say 'good girl', then went back to gazing out at all the birds she dreams about catching effectivley dismissing M. Maybe they have been observing more than we realised. :p

Lmao

I was so glad I did not vote on the poll right away…
I was going all serious on this… I guess the fact that it was placed in the “Café” should have tipped me off.
I thought you meant pyl’s by pets… :rolleyes: :D
Really had a good laugh when I read the article.

DutchDom said:
I was so glad I did not vote on the poll right away…
I was going all serious on this… I guess the fact that it was placed in the “Café” should have tipped me off.
I thought you meant pyl’s by pets… :rolleyes: :D
Really had a good laugh when I read the article.

LOL, well some of us do love the thought of being held on a leash, not to mention treated as a pet upon occasion. :cattail:

See, we have two non-human pets at our house. Riley, kat's dog is such a goof that I don't even think it registers. Seriuosly, if it doesn't involve his food dish or a walk or his frisbee, it doesn't really matter to him. Eeeyore (my cat) has never witnessed acts of bdsm-ey passion. However, she once jumped up into my dresser drawer where my vibe sleeps and started pawing around and kneading like cats do before they take a nap. You know, making a nest in my unmentionables? She managed to turn it on and about killed herself getting out of the drawer when it started buzzing away. I about died laughing. I turned it off, and shut the drawer, since I don't really like her sleeping in my clean clothes. I went back in a while later and she was sitting on the bookshelves diagonal to the dresser staring fixedly at the side of the drawer where it lives. I think she suspects something...

our male pup Dom will eat any toy he finds - so if he thinks its either hurting me or helping me ... I don't think he cares much ... he just wants to eat it.

as far as the female, Lady Guen, she gets very protective and if she sees us "rough housing" she'll bark and cry till it stops.

after playtime Dominic will come bounding in the room we locked him out of and give big kisses and make sure everyone is ok. Lady usually runs to my side and sits down and pokes her nose around me to make sure I'm ok.

I have fish and they seem nuts anyway. Though perhaps more sentient animals like cats, dogs or even birds might be affected. I had a dog that seemed to hate the fact that I slept in a loft bed, she always looked up at me in it like she was saying "That is soo unsafe, please come down so you don't fall, because falling would hurt you, and I love you, so I don't want you hurt, or even worse you could land on your head or on one of these pens here on your floor and you could die and I don't know who would bathe me if you died, please don't die your sister never bathes me and if I don't get bathed I itch terribly so and the cats like to lick my sore spots, it makes them laugh and they keep eating my food because your sister never feeds them and I like my food and I hate it when they eat it, but it's funny when they fall out of the window into the grass, though I hate walking in the grass when it rains and you always carry an umbrella over me so I don't get wet, so are you thinking about coming down yet?"

I'm sorry that was kind of long and really over done, but my brain ran off and it got funnier the more I did it and I almost couldn't stop.

Last edited:
My cat hasn't been subjected to anything to BDSMish yet but since I live in a studio it will happen eventually. Mostly though when something rough is going on he just gives me this look like " MUST you wake me up from my nap?" and prowls off into the bathroom to go back to sleep.

I've a pair of fur lined hand cuffs that my furbabies are quite in love with. To the point of tackling them and fighting with them then cuddling up to purr. :rolleyes:

And my female keeps trying to catch and "eat" the tails of my new flogger.

So yeah, they're warped but the female came that way (previous owns should be shot) and the male... he's nucking futs but not because of me.

Hmmm, maybe our 2 girls are getting more into BDSM than we realised...we are getting little static electrical shocks whenever we stroke them these days and some pack quite a sting. Anyone else ever had this problem and have any ideas why it occurs, and how to stop it?!! :catroar:

catalina_francisco said:
Anyone else ever had this problem and have any ideas why it occurs, and how to stop it?!! :catroar:

First, why would you want to stop it?

Second, lack of humidity in the air increases it.

Third, if you have radiators in your home (versus central air) a pot of water on them will kick up the humidity a little.

Fourth, if you have central air, get a humidifier and move it room to room.

Fifth, stop wearing socks and walking across carpet. Wait, scratch that. That's DVS' favorite, "gotcha" on unsuspecting victims of electric play.

Last, and seriously, if the house has central air, and you really want to raise the humidity to lower the occurrence, invest in a humidifying unit that works directly with the furnace. Be prepared for the interesting side costs associated with owning the device.

Out of curiosity, does the place in which you live have wood floors?

Pets.jpg

AngelicAssassin said:
First, why would you want to stop it?

Second, lack of humidity in the air increases it.

Third, if you have radiators in your home (versus central air) a pot of water on them will kick up the humidity a little.

Fourth, if you have central air, get a humidifier and move it room to room.

Fifth, stop wearing socks and walking across carpet. Wait, scratch that. That's DVS' favorite, "gotcha" on unsuspecting victims of electric play.

Last, and seriously, if the house has central air, and you really want to raise the humidity to lower the occurrence, invest in a humidifying unit that works directly with the furnace. Be prepared for the interesting side costs associated with owning the device.

Out of curiosity, does the place in which you live have wood floors?

Ta, no we have concrete floors on all 3 levels, laminate flooring in the living room, and no carpet except for my son's room where we don't go. Hmmm, would actualy be nice to know we have less humidity as it has been a problem we have been tackling while renovating, and a machine is the next line of attack somewhere in the distant future if it is still a problem once we finish. Have central heating, though we have switched it off at the moment in the rooms we don't use too much right now. Why do we want to stop it....lol, apart from the cats getting a bit freaked out about it, the 2 males in this house find it annoying and want their soft and cuddly pussies back the way they were. :D

lol

my cats would always try to play with my rope, whenever they could find it, to the point of getting in the way if my boyfriend was tying me up.

I say they'd be all for joining in, so long as they got to chase the ends of things.

Ok Cat when I saw the name Marcella I freaked out because that is my first name and I was thinking WHAT. Opps the cat is out of the bag, now you know my first name. So much for anonymity. :catroar:

Back