The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They play Grohl's acoustic version of Everlong on the radio now and then. The differences between the album release and the acoustic version are poignant. It's more soulful in the acoustic.

As for the Firefly theme . . . now, you're gonna have to upload a clip of that at some point. ;)

I've been hearing that acoustic version on the radio the past few weeks and I love it so much. I'm really hoping to be able to play it. As well as the Firefly theme.

A clip ... we'll see. That will be good motivation to practice!

Well now, I just popped back in here at lunchtime for a bit of advice. HP? Or anyone a bit technically minded :).

I put up the garden table using my handy bicycle all-in-one allan key and adjustable wrench, but the poor little thing has rusted a bit during the winter. Is there a more convenient way to get the rust off or should I just keep rubbing three-in-one oil into its crevices and cracks. (I'll just say that again for nature lovers, *whispers huskily*: three-in-one oil.)

And BTW, I've been wondering. Does it really make a difference what unleaded petrol you put in your car? Some garages have two kinds! :eek: At first I put in the cheaper one cuz the colour of the pipe went with my outfit, but then I thought, Well I am a top class MILF! I better use Premium. Do tell if it makes any difference.

OK, I've edited a bit of chapter I beat out of LaRascasse (virtually, dahlinks, don't get too excited!), sorted out the Outlaw dining arrangements for upcoming holiday weekend, delivered some political brochures for our Assembly Member, and now I have a little time to frivol away marking that assignment which was so badly worded - at least one student has already emailed to say she didn't realise there were new tables so has just analysed the old ones and has submitted now, she hopes that'll be OK. :rolleyes:.

Well now, I just popped back in here at lunchtime for a bit of advice. HP? Or anyone a bit technically minded :).

I put up the garden table using my handy bicycle all-in-one allan key and adjustable wrench, but the poor little thing has rusted a bit during the winter. Is there a more convenient way to get the rust off or should I just keep rubbing three-in-one oil into its crevices and cracks. (I'll just say that again for nature lovers, *whispers huskily*: three-in-one oil.)

And BTW, I've been wondering. Does it really make a difference what unleaded petrol you put in your car? Some garages have two kinds! :eek: At first I put in the cheaper one cuz the colour of the pipe went with my outfit, but then I thought, Well I am a top class MILF! I better use Premium. Do tell if it makes any difference.

Rust? Use WD40 to ease the joints and Solvol Autosol to get the rust off. Eventually, repainting with Hammerite is the complete solution. Three-in-one oil is too light. It will run off or evaporate. Grease is better.

Petrol? It depends on your car. Unless it is a performance car that needs the higher octane, you are wasting your money. It might be worth while occasionally filling - say 1 tankful in 10 - with the more expensive sort to clean out the tubes especially if you are going to do a lot of fast motorway driving, but most normal cars only need the standard unleaded.

P.S. Fast motorway driving and South Wales are not compatible. :rolleyes:

Rust? Use WD40 to ease the joints and Solvol Autosol to get the rust off. Eventually, repainting with Hammerite is the complete solution.

Petrol? It depends on your car. Unless it is a performance car that needs the higher octane, you are wasting your money. It might be worth while occasionally filling - say 1 tankful in 10 - with the more expensive sort to clean out the tubes especially if you are going to do a lot of fast motorway driving, but most normal cars only need the standard unleaded.

P.S. Fast motorway driving and South Wales are not compatible. :rolleyes:

Ogg, thank you so much! I'll go and buy some Solvol Autostuff and I will religiously fill my car with the champagne of petrols only every 10 tanks.

LOL, fast motorway driving and MILFs are not compatible. I can't park for toffee. (Well, maybe for those ones with whisky in them I could :devil:) but I am very good about speed limits.
:rose:

That reminds me, John, there is a piccie of James May in my main MILF friend's favourite local cafe - he once went in and had coffee there!!!! :p

Ogg, thank you so much! I'll go and buy some Solvol Autostuff and I will religiously fill my car with the champagne of petrols only every 10 tanks.

LOL, fast motorway driving and MILFs are not compatible. I can't park for toffee. (Well, maybe for those ones with whisky in them I could :devil:) but I am very good about speed limits.

That reminds me, John, there is a piccie of James May in my main MILF friend's favourite local cafe - he once went in and had coffee there!!!! :p

By 'fast motorway driving' I was assuming within the legal limits but a sustained 70 or even 60 mph for half an hour or more is good for a car that generally pootles around locally, even without the expensive petrol.

One of my Volvos had the shakes yesterday. I thought that a wheel needed balancing. No such luck! When the front wheels were off I had nearly bald spots on both. I'm sure that was caused by a recent emergency stop when one of our 90-year-old drivers decided to take a short cut, the wrong way round a roundabout. Two new tyres and £100 later the Volvo is shake-free.

By 'fast motorway driving' I was assuming within the legal limits but a sustained 70 or even 60 mph for half an hour or more is good for a car that generally pootles around locally, even without the expensive petrol.

One of my Volvos had the shakes yesterday. I thought that a wheel needed balancing. No such luck! When the front wheels were off I had nearly bald spots on both. I'm sure that was caused by a recent emergency stop when one of our 90-year-old drivers decided to take a short cut, the wrong way round a roundabout. Two new tyres and £100 later the Volvo is shake-free.

:eek:, I'm so glad you survived the roundabout incident!

Oh OK. I do sometimes do a steady 65/70 on the A roads and Motorways when I go up to Canalog Loegr (The Midlands, as everyone else in the world calls it :rolleyes:), or for 15/20 mins down to the beach along the M4. We don't use the car much, in spite of Piglet's whining and saying her trotters hurt on the schoolrun.

:eek:, I'm so glad you survived the roundabout incident!

Oh OK. I do sometimes do a steady 65/70 on the A roads and Motorways when I go up to Canalog Loegr (The Midlands, as everyone else in the world calls it :rolleyes:), or for 15/20 mins down to the beach along the M4. We don't use the car much, in spite of Piglet's whining and saying her trotters hurt on the schoolrun.

Tell Piglet that Og used to walk seven miles a day to and from one school, climb up and down 300 steps each way to another, and was two years at a boarding school at which cross country runs were compulsory on Sundays after Morning Service. (We were allowed ten minutes to change from Sunday best to our cross-country kit!)

Good morning, Nakeds. There's more coffee brewing and more-or-less fresh baked goods nearby.

My mouth HURTS. The good news is that my dentist removed my upper brackets and I now have a lovely, gleaming smile. The bad news is that he tightened the wire on the lower brackets and Invisalign is a real bitchpuppy to remove.

Yes, I now have an Invisalign retainer for my upper teeth which I'm supposed to wear 24/7. However, I have to take it off to eat or drink anything but cold water. I foresee more unnecessary weightloss in my near future.

Naoko, I would have said the same thing about petrol. My fella drives constantly for work and uses the least expensive grade of unleaded... until he takes his baby in for maintenance. You're fine with the standard stuff, splurging on the topline once in a while.

Tell Piglet that Og used to walk seven miles a day to and from one school, climb up and down 300 steps each way to another, and was two years at a boarding school at which cross country runs were compulsory on Sundays after Morning Service. (We were allowed ten minutes to change from Sunday best to our cross-country kit!)
Heh, remembering where my mother's family was living when she was in high school, she actually did have to walk a mile, uphill, in winter. Well, all year actually. Their house was at the bottom of a couple hills and the bus wouldn't go down them.

Cooooffffeeeee.....coooofffeeeeee *zombie shuffle*

Good morning everyone. I don't know about you, but the week seems to be moving by too slowly.

I think I walked a couple of miles each way. It might have been more.

Good morning, Nakeds. There's more coffee brewing and more-or-less fresh baked goods nearby.

My mouth HURTS. The good news is that my dentist removed my upper brackets and I now have a lovely, gleaming smile. The bad news is that he tightened the wire on the lower brackets and Invisalign is a real bitchpuppy to remove.

Yes, I now have an Invisalign retainer for my upper teeth which I'm supposed to wear 24/7. However, I have to take it off to eat or drink anything but cold water. I foresee more unnecessary weightloss in my near future.

Naoko, I would have said the same thing about petrol. My fella drives constantly for work and uses the least expensive grade of unleaded... until he takes his baby in for maintenance. You're fine with the standard stuff, splurging on the topline once in a while.

Heh, remembering where my mother's family was living when she was in high school, she actually did have to walk a mile, uphill, in winter. Well, all year actually. Their house was at the bottom of a couple hills and the bus wouldn't go down them.

Hey you...Yay for the brace removal, boo for the retainer malarkey... Baby steps, kiddo...

Morning / afternoon, John / Andy :)

Yes, indeed. Congrats on the braces. How much longer until you get to take them off for good?

I think I walked a couple of miles each way. It might have been more.

Sorry, HP, I missed you on my tiny phone screen.

I had a 10-mile cycle to school. It was a private school (not an easy admission for a dyed-in-the-wool leftie to make, I can assure you...), so no school bus. Ah, I was sleek and fit then... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wandering round the Museum for most of the morning takes it out of you; well, me, anyway. More sleep needed.
Rolf; a glass of something restorative for the assembled folk, if you please.

Wandering round the Museum for most of the morning takes it out of you; well, me, anyway. More sleep needed.
Rolf; a glass of something restorative for the assembled folk, if you please.

I'd recommend a glass of stout, HP. After all...
2625348212_54810f0216.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back