How to Ask Anonymously Read OP!

NotHisLady

aimlessly wandering
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Posts
5,721
This is a bit of an experiment. Please forgive me if it goes badly.

Often a person wants to ask an embarassing question or one that they just don't want their name on for some other reason. Right now there isn't an easy way to do that other than create an alt to post it with.
I think this would be better*

If there's a question you want to ask but not post with your screen name then send it to me via my feedback link leave off your return email and your message will be 100% anonymous.
I'll post your question exactly as you sent it to me (please not too much silliness* folks) so that the others here may offer you advice or answers that you can find on this thread.
NOW SKIP TO THE TOP OF PAGE 2 AT LEAST!!

*edited for reality & sanity






(*I'm stealing this outright from Kudram over in the PG so all due recognition for the idea I'm twisting to my own devices.)
 
Last edited:
Ok, here goes . . .

How do I get Minxy, Rainy, Emmy, JPOB, and Baila to come over and play with me? And by play, I mean :devil: They don't all have to come over at the same time, but it would be ok if they did.

But FUCK that pmann, because he's a fucker! A fucking god damned tease, he is! :mad: Fucking heart breaker!


Shit! I said this out loud, didn't I? :eek::eek:

Oh, it's ok, I'm sure you'll edit out who posted this, right?:confused:;):D
 
Create a profile and password and give out the password so anyone could log in. Would that work too?
 
This will be interesting... asking the How To... for no silliness is like asking the GB to be respectful and to play nice.
 
Oh have I over estimated what I THOUGHT was the grown up table?
well, it is what it is. Told you it was an experiment
I guess I know now how Beaker felt all these years.

This stands as an open invitation.
(I don't mind silliness just not in my mailbox so knock yourselves out! :kiss:)
 
Oh have I over estimated what I THOUGHT was the grown up table?
well, it is what it is. Told you it was an experiment
I guess I know now how Beaker felt all these years.

This stands as an open invitation.
(I don't mind silliness just not in my mailbox so knock yourselves out! :kiss:)

Oh, we're gown ups, we just prefer the kiddy table, it's more fun. :D
 
Rainshine is the one who loves Miley songs. Not this guy.

*twerks it*



tumblr_mwu133XXIz1rw370to1_400.gif




What the duece?
 
Oh have I over estimated what I THOUGHT was the grown up table?
well, it is what it is. Told you it was an experiment
I guess I know now how Beaker felt all these years.

This stands as an open invitation.
(I don't mind silliness just not in my mailbox so knock yourselves out! :kiss:)

I think it'll still work if you just start a new thread with the issue/question you receive. The thread title could preface the method how/why you're posting it.

It's a good idea, not sure if the traffic and/or issues will be many. Good on you for bringing it up.

******

Emerson, you should get a huge time-out for posting that! ewwww doesn't cover it.
 
I think it'll still work if you just start a new thread with the issue/question you receive. The thread title could preface the method how/why you're posting it.

It's a good idea, not sure if the traffic and/or issues will be many. Good on you for bringing it up.

******

Emerson, you should get a huge time-out for posting that! ewwww doesn't cover it.
I'm going to just let it lie, it's here if someone wants to use it and if something shows up in my mailbox I'll either start a new one or knock the dust off this one and post it here. I can see someone wanting to ask something blindly so I figured I would toss it out there.

You never know what will work if you don't have a go.
 
Emerson, No! I will not be able to open this thread again until it gets to page 2. That is the worst thing I've seen! Blech.


Oh my. :eek:

I don't think you've seen my reply to your post in the Blurts thread yet.

You might just change your mind. :eek:
 
I'm going to just let it lie, it's here if someone wants to use it and if something shows up in my mailbox I'll either start a new one or knock the dust off this one and post it here. I can see someone wanting to ask something blindly so I figured I would toss it out there.

You never know what will work if you don't have a go.


In all seriousness, this is a fine idea. I have read some of the Anonymous Secrets thread you reference (liberated the idea from ;)) and I see the good in what you are trying to do.

There have been several threads started in the HT where clearly, the OP is an alt for a Lit regular. Whether because of some delicate or potentially embarrassing situation, or not wanting to reveal certain details and have them associated with the identity they are commonly known as, the common thing is the desire for anonymity.

I think a thread like that could have some activity once one or two go first and others can gauge its usefulness and results.

I think the challenge will be in being the go-between, and deciding how much spade work you want to commit to. The difference between the secrets being revealed in the Playground thread and asking in the HT is that in the former, a secret is shared, posted, and them commented on and discussed among the readers, whereas in the HT a reply is asked for and unless all the relevant who / what / where / when / and hows are in the original post, there is going to be some sort of dialogue needed. Some may not want to comment without some details not covered in the original, anonymous, HT posting.

Perhaps if the anonymous postings are presented just as a clear, general question, that just require an answer or opinion, all understanding that there will not be any clarification of details, or inclusion of any relevant, specific info not already included in the post.

ie:

Anonymous asks: How do you remove superglue from your skin? Keep answers limited to solutions that do not require testing sensitive skin areas for possible reactions or irritation.

or

Anonymous asks: Is it cheating on your spouse if you have sex with a life-like robot prostitute?




As commented in other posts, a good idea. Just needs some ironing out on the details and logistics.
 
Emerson--
if questions of a less than encyclopedic volume are directed at and responded to by the questioner I'll pass along the info.
It's an experiment. If it blows up then we get a neat explosion.
You guys also get the benefit of NOT having to suffer through MY opinion.
win/win
 
We have our first question.

(This is precisely what I received)

----

I am having real problems communicating with someone I love very much. There are many things at play that I don't really want to go into, I was just wondering in general what others do when communication is not understood, heard, or working? Do you have some specific tools, methods or the like, that you utilise when emotions are strained and feelings hurt that allow two people to communicate without anger and emotions overcoming the situation?

----
 
We have our first question.

(This is precisely what I received)

----

I am having real problems communicating with someone I love very much. There are many things at play that I don't really want to go into, I was just wondering in general what others do when communication is not understood, heard, or working? Do you have some specific tools, methods or the like, that you utilise when emotions are strained and feelings hurt that allow two people to communicate without anger and emotions overcoming the situation?

----

Patience and understanding. Without knowing specifics, this is what I have to offer.

When dealing with a difficult situation I tend to clam up. I get nervous and I worry about hurting the other person. Or the other person hurting me. It makes it difficult to say what's really on my mind.

If tension is already high, I would wait to let things settle a bit, if you have the time to do it. While giving some space, think about what you want to say. When you think about it, try to imagine how you would feel if someone said it to you. Would it upset you? Is there a more gentle way to say this? Think about their side and why they might act the way they do. By putting yourself in their shoes, maybe you can see why they might be upset.

If you think of what you want to say, but find yourself stuttering and unable to get all of the thoughts out, I suggest writing. Sometimes I make up an entire speech in my head. I rally myself and I am determined to say all of it!

Only to clam up and get just a little bit out. I forget everything I wanted to touch on and only some of it is said. Instead, I've taken to making bullet points for myself. I write down all of the points I want to touch on and keep the note with me. If it's something I really can't say, I write it out for the other person.

The best thing I've found is to try and understand the other person's feelings on the subject. If they get angry, why does it anger them? If it saddens them, why? When I can understand, or at least try to understand, I speak more gently and it often helps me to keep from getting frustrated. Nothing is more frustrating then trying to get a point across only to be met with anger. It becomes a vicious cycle.
 
OK, so much for not suffering through my opinions.
I'd try a change of venue.
Sometimes people can listen better if they aren't submerged in the daily stuff so, for me if I want hubby to hear me talk I've got to get him out of the house where all the things that steal his attention from me are. As long as he can see the grass that needs to be cut or the project he's half done with I'm working against all that stuff.
 
Back
Top