Seeking VE for Hades/Persephone Redux

DeathAndTaxes

Really Experienced
Ok, this is my first time - I'm flinging my body to the gods tonight to see if someone wants to take a look at this story. Here's the lowdown:

• It's yet another take on the Hades/Persephone myth, so it's set in mythological times
  • Approximately 39.5K words total (story is complete other than what might be suggested for edits), with the intent to submit as 3 separate chapters
  • Squick Warnings: light to mid-level BDSM, D/s power dynamic, some reluctance, anal
  • Spelling/grammar/punctuation should be pretty decent, although I am a bit free with the ellipses and the semi-colons, but as far as I know I'm using them correctly

This is my first submission, so I don't have any other stories to link to for you to feel out my writing style, but I posted a snippet on the last page of the Make your reader climax in 200 words or less thread if you want to use that to see if you're interested.

If no one takes the plunge on this story, any recommendations as to the most fitting category before I submit would be helpful. Should I put it in:

• Non-Human because the characters are gods?
  • BDSM because of themes of this nature in most of the sex scenes?
  • Sci-Fi/Fantasy because it is set in a fantasy-like setting?

I'm headed to bed now, so if anyone PMs me I'll probably be getting back to you tomorrow.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

If the length of the story mentioned in the OP is a deterring factor, I would be very happy to just have someone take a look at the first chapter by itself (about 11.5K words) since that's all I'm submitting now anyway.

Chapter one also doesn't have any BDSM scenes in it yet - I say this because I've seen lots of VEs post in the "Available to Edit" thread that they will not edit stories with that sort of thing. CH. 01 just has some appetizer voyeurism of some no-name extras and an intense build-up of sexual tension between the main two characters.

I guess I'll give it until about Thursday and if there are no bites I'll just submit and hope for the best. Thanks to anyone who took a moment to read my post anyway. :)

Ok, this is my first time - I'm flinging my body to the gods tonight to see if someone wants to take a look at this story. Here's the lowdown:

• It's yet another take on the Hades/Persephone myth, so it's set in mythological times
  • Approximately 39.5K words total (story is complete other than what might be suggested for edits), with the intent to submit as 3 separate chapters
  • Squick Warnings: light to mid-level BDSM, D/s power dynamic, some reluctance, anal
  • Spelling/grammar/punctuation should be pretty decent, although I am a bit free with the ellipses and the semi-colons, but as far as I know I'm using them correctly

This is my first submission, so I don't have any other stories to link to for you to feel out my writing style, but I posted a snippet on the last page of the Make your reader climax in 200 words or less thread if you want to use that to see if you're interested.

If no one takes the plunge on this story, any recommendations as to the most fitting category before I submit would be helpful. Should I put it in:

• Non-Human because the characters are gods?
  • BDSM because of themes of this nature in most of the sex scenes?
  • Sci-Fi/Fantasy because it is set in a fantasy-like setting?

I'm headed to bed now, so if anyone PMs me I'll probably be getting back to you tomorrow.

Thanks for taking a look. :)

BDSM would be a good category or even Non-Con (depending on how reluctant Persephone is). Good luck with this.

BDSM would be a good category or even Non-Con (depending on how reluctant Persephone is). Good luck with this.

Thanks! I really appreciate the suggestion - I was really torn between where to put it and was finally coming down to either BDSM or non-human. But tonight I was combing the tag cloud for non-human and it seems like those readers are really looking for vampires, werewolves, and aliens mostly. Persephone is not super reluctant, so I don't think it would be enough for what the non-con readers want.

Thanks again!

Back