Crescent Ville OOC

Name: Caleb Danvers
Height: 6 foot
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green/blue
Faction:Witch

Bio: Caleb is one of the rare males born with powers that has actually retained them as he has grown older. In fact as he has matured they have actually grown stronger. He has a natural affinity for water and animals and is normally very mild mannered.

He normally flies under the radar of most Hunters as the are just not looking for a male witch even though he is a member of one of the oldest Families in Crescent Ville, the Danvers. The have produced many fine witches over the years and in fact he has two older sisters who are powerful witches in their own rights that are out in the world right now looking for more gifted youngsters to send back to the Campus for training.

Name: Caleb Danvers
Height: 6 foot
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green/blue
Faction:Witch

Bio: Caleb is one of the rare males born with powers that has actually retained them as he has grown older. In fact as he has matured they have actually grown stronger. He has a natural affinity for water and animals and is normally very mild mannered.

He normally flies under the radar of most Hunters as the are just not looking for a male witch even though he is a member of one of the oldest Families in Crescent Ville, the Danvers. The have produced many fine witches over the years and in fact he has two older sisters who are powerful witches in their own rights that are out in the world right now looking for more gifted youngsters to send back to the Campus for training.

We both used Thomas Dekker for our character's picture lol

Hey all,

just some stray thoughts as I read the story; I can assume that this is a private school as the need to maintain control over who is admitted as a student due to the witch coven, but would it be safe to assume that this is in the USA? If not, where would it be based at?

Do we have things such as a dress code? Standard of Conduct? A 'pledge' of loyalty for the students when the semester ends?

Just how 'special' is our school supposed to be? I don't want to start getting really exotic or detailed if we are no on the same page.

Just food for thought.

By the way, my character is of Celtic Irish descent. I was hoping this was in the UK but younger writer's styles are making me think US or Canada. I'll adapt to wherever but her background and family history remain the same, steeped in old traditions.

Also, slow down some, please! I can't write detailed posts every day. I'm a writer, teacher and parent in real life. There just isn't enough time in the day sometimes. I can't guarantee more than three or four reasonable posts per week.

Lastly, locks locked by witchcraft are impossible to unlock without enchanted objects or being among the spellcasters' inner circle of trusted souls. Plus, her potions are made using everyday ingredients. Without a spell combined with the light of a full moon, the bubbling potion in Morrigyn' s lab is just a sort of spicey, flowery scented, soup.

Stalzyn, you said Joseph gets people hooked on his drugs. That's wrong. He only gives out one dose at a time, once per week, and he specifically designed his drugs to have a low addiction rate. Admittedly some people do get hooked, that's unavoidable, but for the most part the drugs are totally non addictive. Think of them as having slightly higher addictive properties than weed. I know it's probably counterintuitive for a drug dealer not to want addicts, but Joseph makes good money at his current rate, and his moral compass doesn't point totally south lol.

Also everyone seems to know he's a drug dealer. I was planning on it not being common knowledge because he's subtle about it (the only thing he's subtle about lol) and won't sell to just anyone. But seeing how everyone knows I'll just forget about the secret part lol. He's still selective on who he sells to though, so that makes it hard for the dean and campus's authority to pin any evidence on him. That's another reason he sells one dose at a time.

So just keep that stuff in mind for the future, and sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I was thinking that maybe it is common knowledge among Hunters and Witches but not necessarily Humans. Of course the big 2 would know what was going on in their domain so his activities would not have gone un noticed, but as you have said, you keep it low key and try to avoid addictions. I believe that would be why you are tolerated.

The factions know that everyone needs to blow off steam occasionally and you can perform that function. However you are closely watched and if you ever get out of hand your death will sadden no one.

Does this seem appropriate?

Its clear Othermoose, though i'm not changing what i have written or how my character feel about your character. Its just how it is.
Jeremy thinks Joseph a notorious drug dealer who hooks innocent student to his drugs. That's his perception of your guy. It might be true, Jeremy might be wrong. Its all part of the story.
He refered to Morrigyn as scowl face, that doesn't mean she is one. 'cos there are times that Morrigyn's smile can lit a room.
Okay that's rarely,

I was thinking that maybe it is common knowledge among Hunters and Witches but not necessarily Humans. Of course the big 2 would know what was going on in their domain so his activities would not have gone un noticed, but as you have said, you keep it low key and try to avoid addictions. I believe that would be why you are tolerated.

The factions know that everyone needs to blow off steam occasionally and you can perform that function. However you are closely watched and if you ever get out of hand your death will sadden no one.

Does this seem appropriate?

It does, but Joseph is human. He's unaware of hunters and witches. He suspects Morrigyn is above a normal human but he has no idea why or how. Besides her he's oblivious to the brewing conflict.

Its clear Othermoose, though i'm not changing what i have written or how my character feel about your character. Its just how it is.
Jeremy thinks Joseph a notorious drug dealer who hooks innocent student to his drugs. That's his perception of your guy. It might be true, Jeremy might be wrong. Its all part of the story.
He refered to Morrigyn as scowl face, that doesn't mean she is one. 'cos there are times that Morrigyn's smile can lit a room.
Okay that's rarely,

Ok. If that's his perception that's fine with me, but that's not how Joseph actually is. I'm not asking you to change anything, just pointing it out is all.

Hey guys. Im in the same boat as Slipped halo. I cant write everyday or several times a day sorry. I'm full time at work and I have a young son. Sorry. That being said, ill bang out a post tonight :)

Hey guys. Im in the same boat as Slipped halo. I cant write everyday or several times a day sorry. I'm full time at work and I have a young son. Sorry. That being said, ill bang out a post tonight :)

That's okay.
We can reduce our speed can't we guys?
I mean we don't want any of our precious ladies leaving the thread so as not to hold us back now do we?
Answer is no.
Lol.
I'll decrease my speed so just post when you can in the week. As long as its three or more than thrice a week i don't mind.

Awwww thanks guys for making Lily look like a dickhead cos I couldn't post fast enough.....

Lolz.

So any answers to Mantra's questions? I envisioned in the States somewhere, but I could easily adapt it anywhere really (maybe not outer space though... cos that would be... umm.... yeah)

Hahaha!!!!

(long shift. really tired. posted anyway)

I'll try to at least every second day :)

Thanks guys.

Hopefully see you tomorrow.

Thank you!

PS, has anyone heard of YoungLisa on here? Anyone seen her around? She used to be my shadow. We wrote all kinds of stuff together, became close friends offline as well...No word from her in a year.
And, today is her birthday. :-(

Sorry halo haven't been on that long but have the same sort of thing.

Wrote with someone 3 or 4 times a day for 3 months then suddenly poof gone.

Problem is she is from the Gulf country in the US and that has had a lot of floods and other stuff happening so I am worried. Then again she might have just decided to take a break who knows.

As for the amount of posting. Yeah I am on most days for a lot of the time. Joys of no TV and being stuck in the outback. This is my relief from boredom. However I will try not to post too much and just keep it to one conversation so as not to rush things.

The Ritual

I know the witches want to remain the good guys somehow but there has to be something that'll move both parties past the humble point of class and coffee they now in.
Their's a ritual that comes up once every whatever years, five girls are collected from the school, they are sacrificed to the ancestors at the cemetry, the sacrifice helps renew and even make stronger the witches powers and after three days the girls are ressurrected unaware of the incident, of everything that happened.

I know the witches want to remain the good guys somehow but there has to be something that'll move both parties past the humble point of class and coffee they now in.
Their's a ritual that comes up once every whatever years, five girls are collected from the school, they are sacrificed to the ancestors at the cemetry, the sacrifice helps renew and even make stronger the witches powers and after three days the girls are ressurrected unaware of the incident, of everything that happened.

I'm going to vote no on that. For two reasons. One, I don't think most real witches would be up for human sacrifice, and two, resurrection is just kind of lazy. It makes the whole story seem too easy. Maybe instead a novice witch summons a demon or some kind of evil force? Or maybe a powerful witch decides to go evil and fuck up the hunters? Just my two cents

- An 'unapproved' love interest?
- The hunter's make an aggressive move on the witches territory?
- Unwanted publicity/ a threat to expose 'X' to the public?
- Human bystanders caught in the middle/ observing something they shouldn't?
- Theft of something rather valuable and/or important that the others want back? (option for either side)
- Recon gone wrong?

Just my humble $.02.

My last IC post works with Mantra's idea. One of the hunters could open the false bottom in Morrigyn's desk drawer and steal something that is valuable to the witches.

I refuse to play a part in Christian propaganda that witches summon demons or practice human sacrifice. That's stuff which perpetuates my kind being further discriminated against when they read that sort of thing in stories. So, no. I won't always write the nicest witches but they aren't evil and don't summon that which doesn't exist, and they value life so they would never practice sacrifice.

Every witch has a book of shadows, her sort of recipe book of spells and advice handed down. An old family like the Lucimeres would have an especially extensive and valuable book.

I refuse to play a part in Christian propaganda that witches summon demons or practice human sacrifice. That's stuff which perpetuates my kind being further discriminated against when they read that sort of thing in stories. So, no. I won't always write the nicest witches but they aren't evil and don't summon that which doesn't exist, and they value life so they would never practice sacrifice.

I meant accidentally. That's why I said novice. Accidental summoning.

Every witch has a book of shadows, her sort of recipe book of spells and advice handed down. An old family like the Lucimeres would have an especially extensive and valuable book.

A Grimoire you mean. A very priceless heirloom. I agree with you, mantra and kuboshido's idea. Its a starting point, an hunter probably Jon will get the grimoire from the false bottom in your desk.
Sorry all for my delay and absence, being occupied here on my end, i hope interest in the story has not been deminished.
Lets continue.

Back