Sign of the times.

I see no evidence of that.

Cut and non-maintained roads aren't a 'presumption.' The fact that the Forest Service budget has remained essentially static over a span of years while land responsibility has increased is not a 'presumption.'

I was thinking about your apparent connecting of forest mismanagement to genderless toilets or whatever.

But, that article doesn’t seem to me to say that the reason the road was unpaved was due to lack of funding, nor does it seem to suggest that paving it would have prevented the catastrophe,

Some roads are too steep to pave without getting all army-corps-of-engineers on their asses, and the article does mention how crazy steep it is.

I was thinking about your apparent connecting of forest mismanagement to genderless toilets or whatever.

To be fair having spent the money we did on that and some of the other idiotic SJW bullshit instead of protecting our towns/infrastructure from the eminent danger of fire.....that was just stupid.

It's not like CA didn't know there was a fire danger we should have been doing something about.

To be fair having spent the money we did on that and some of the other idiotic SJW bullshit instead of protecting our towns/infrastructure from the eminent danger of fire.....that was just stupid.

It's not like CA didn't know there was a fire danger we should have been doing something about.

I don’t know enough about fire preparedness in CA to have an educated opinion beyond the obvious hindsight. But it’s hard to argue against the fact all the access accommodation in the world doesn’t matter if the public toilet facility is on fire.

But, that article doesn’t seem to me to say that the reason the road was unpaved was due to lack of funding, nor does it seem to suggest that paving it would have prevented the catastrophe,

Some roads are too steep to pave without getting all army-corps-of-engineers on their asses, and the article does mention how crazy steep it is.

Tax dollars are finite and we're supposed to elect representatives that will spend it wisely as opposed to nonsensical bullshit.

All fire roads are unpaved. But until the 1990's they were maintained.

Have you ever been to a real forest?

Tax dollars are finite and we're supposed to elect representatives that will spend it wisely as opposed to nonsensical bullshit.

All fire roads are unpaved. But until the 1990's they were maintained.

Have you ever been to a real forest?

My Dad had forty acres of virgin timber. I grew up there. One match and it would be gone. :)

As far as the science funding goes I see little benefit to having a large dept. of pointy headed professor types "studying" forest fires. You don't "study" fires, you fight them. This whole "Fire Science" trip looks, and sounds, more like a welfare fund for the leather patches on the elbows crowd.
Of course a person who doesn't know squat about fire science would see "little benefit".

But rancher Bill Allen in NM does and it worked for him.

congress makes that determination
Nice deflection from the fact that it's Trump, the person verbally attacking people and organization for the fires, who wants to cut the funding.

The NFRL is part of NIST and studies dwelling and workplace fires. And mostly materials and fumes associated with fires of that nature. The forest service doesn't need to be funding them.

Let's cut taxes on billionaires again. That will fix he funding issues for the BLM.

If you were a billionaire, how high would you want your taxes to be?

Hypothetical of course since you have about as much chance of being one as puke does making this most recent hot chick relationship last.

Back