non-flat-earther turned flat-earther says space isn't real and the sun and moon are sentient

butters

High on a Hill
the earth cannot be proved to be flat, the continents on an ancient Tibetan map are surrounded by a ring of ice beyond which are other lands, even ones that move, and that aliens actually come from those places since space isn't actually real.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...p&cvid=41678363a8654ae3eb7a7d6e7dbf821a&ei=13

in the old days, people used to stand on street corners yelling this stuff, wearing sandwich boards and people either ignoring them or tossing a few coppers their way out of altruistic sentiments. nowadays, they have a podcast, and some even make it into government

Last edited:
Remember the movie Atlantic City, where Chrissy (Hollis McLaren) says to Sally (Susan Sarandon), “I never wear seatbelts. I don’t believe in gravity.” Everybody laughed, but not today. It’s gospel!

If the Earth were really flat The Cats would have pushed every loose thing off the edge. THere'd be no loose Stuff around.
that has to be THE best explanation ever to offer a flat-earther. i must remember it!

that has to be THE best explanation ever to offer a flat-earther. i must remember it!

I saw a great pic to go with it...but didn't save it :(

Cat sitting on the edge and a city block of sky scrapers going over the edge...and the cat looks up..with The Look HAHAHA

I've been introduced to the flat earth theory, it's interesting reading. The one "proof" they do refer to is the calculation of the circumference in relation to the cord as a person 6 ft tall looking to the horizon would only be somewhere around 3-6 miles if I remember correctly (it's been awhile) do the math it'll make think "Hmmmm". All that said, Eratosthenes the Greek astronomer measured the earth's circumference by using a well In a village named Syere then calculated the earth's circumference to within 5% of the actual circumference as we know it today. Thing is math doesn't lie..

I've been introduced to the flat earth theory, it's interesting reading. The one "proof" they do refer to is the calculation of the circumference in relation to the cord as a person 6 ft tall looking to the horizon would only be somewhere around 3-6 miles if I remember correctly (it's been awhile) do the math it'll make think "Hmmmm". All that said, Eratosthenes the Greek astronomer measured the earth's circumference by using a well In a village named Syere then calculated the earth's circumference to within 5% of the actual circumference as we know it today. Thing is math doesn't lie..
yes, it makes one think the earth curves at around 7.8 inches per mile and the radius of the earth is 3,965, so if one's eyes are approximately 5' off the ground as one stands on a flat surface level with the horizon then it will be about 3 miles distant from the point of standing... and Pythagoras knew what the fuck he was talking about and that maybe you and others who think 'hmmn' should have stayed in school longer

if a person is in a dip, their horizon might only be hundreds of yards away.
if the person is elevated, they can see further. ergo, the earth is curved, not flat.
and cats.

yes, it makes one think the earth curves at around 7.8 inches per mile and the radius of the earth is 3,965, so if one's eyes are approximately 5' off the ground as one stands on a flat surface level with the horizon then it will be about 3 miles distant from the point of standing... and Pythagoras knew what the fuck he was talking about and that maybe you and others who think 'hmmn' should have stayed in school longer

if a person is in a dip, their horizon might only be hundreds of yards away.
if the person is elevated, they can see further. ergo, the earth is curved, not flat.
and cats.
Hey butters, I'm not arguing the flat earth nor am I promoting it. I just related what I've been. Exposed to about flat earth
As far as math and me being stupid....... I apply geometry, trig and algebra every day in my fab shop.... math doesn't lie
With out Pythagoras's thereom I wouldn't be able to preform a good number of layouts. I think I presented two apposing
answers to a situation that's all. Jeeezz, loosen up your bra abit ......

Hey butters, I'm not arguing the flat earth nor am I promoting it. I just related what I've been. Exposed to about flat earth
As far as math and me being stupid....... I apply geometry, trig and algebra every day in my fab shop.... math doesn't lie
With out Pythagoras's thereom I wouldn't be able to preform a good number of layouts. I think I presented two apposing
answers to a situation that's all. Jeeezz, loosen up your bra abit ......
'The one "proof" they do refer to is'

'do the math it'll make think "Hmmmm"'

if you didn't want to imply there might be something to their 'proof' with these words, why post them? it implies it made you wonder if there was a possibility they might be onto something and that we (the readers) should run it through in our minds...contemplate something as if it were odd instead of normal and it offering some possibility of evidence that the flat earthers could be right instead of it entirely refuting their argument.

p.s you're correct: math doesn't lie. however, the user wielding that math might not be up to the task of determining the meaning of the results.

Too many people think they know science like Sheldon when in reality Georgie actually has a better handle on science than they do.

Early Egyptians had figured out the earth diameter long before Pytho.
Source ? Not doubting you, but Pythagoras never did that calculation as far as I know. You need similar triangles.

Eratosthenes… in Egypt… circa 250 BC
Alexandria… Egypt ruled by Greeks
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/tutorial_geodesy/geo02_hist.html

Aristotle tried. 384-322 B.C…. Circumference 45,000 miles

Pythagoras 570-490 B. C. Earth Diameter ? Nope. He never wrote his theorem or anything(?) down. His school of thought? The Pythagoreans?? Maybe? Music!! Blame them for that too
More than you ever want to know about Pythagoras https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pythagoras/

Now? Your proof? From papyrus??

Back