vB Code/Request For Help

pelegrino

Literotica Guru
:)
Hi there,
Does anyone know if the vB code is all enabled in any of the forums? I come from the Poetry discussion forum where Bold, italic, underline, size & color work ok. I am trying to use "blur" as per instructions but it does not make any difference. Some more experienced people than me also tried but to no avail. Does it not work?
Are there any codes for formatting effects like superscript, subscript and strikethrough?
I am interested in applying these and if possible all available effects as displayed by LITEROTICA and not only in the forums but also in the submissions pages. Is this possible? If not, why not?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

:)
Hi there,
Does anyone know if the vB code is all enabled in any of the forums? I come from the Poetry discussion forum where Bold, italic, underline, size & color work ok. I am trying to use "blur" as per instructions but it does not make any difference. Some more experienced people than me also tried but to no avail. Does it not work?
Are there any codes for formatting effects like superscript, subscript and strikethrough?
I am interested in applying these and if possible all available effects as displayed by LITEROTICA and not only in the forums but also in the submissions pages. Is this possible? If not, why not?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Uh... Yeah... A few of us answered your last post about that, that you made a few days ago: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1015914

Last edited:
As far as the forum goes, some appear to be disabled. As to why... No clue. We do have a few posters who were overly fond of posting in giant garish fonts with special effects. It's entirely possible the stranger stuff was disabled to prevent blinding by these folks.

With respect to submissions, the only tags allowed are bold, italic, underline, center, and blockquote.

The "why" there is to provide a consistent look to the website, from what I've always heard.

Thank you both, drinkz and RejectReality. I will be content with what there is available.
As for the submission page, RR, are these few tags effective on single letters?
Something is better than nothing always.
A few days ago I was trying to emphasize the initial and last letter of every line in the last ten lines of a poem, forming a double acrostic, but I did not succeed.
If you could spare the time, see here, if you please, and perhaps you could suggest to me something. Many thanks.

http://www.literotica.com/p/so-much-fuck

While I suspect that trying to do that in a story might not fly, poetry is a different animal, and it may be allowed.

All you have to do is put the tags around the single letter, as opposed to a word.

<b>A</b>pple.

I have noticed a few issues with italics causing some weird spacing issues, though. Fortunately, the same issues that might appear on the site also appear in preview, so you can fix them before hitting the submit button.

If I'm remembering correctly ( it's been a while ) it was causing text following italic words to drop onto a new line -- but not always. Never was able to pin down the exact circumstances, and it's entirely possible it's been fixed, since I reported it.

Anyway, check your work in preview before hitting submit.

If I'm remembering correctly ( it's been a while ) it was causing text following italic words to drop onto a new line -- but not always. Never was able to pin down the exact circumstances, and it's entirely possible it's been fixed, since I reported it.

That sounds more like a bug in the scripting on this site. I know of no browser (but that doesn't mean there isn't) that bungles the <i> tag in that manner. A lot of sites have code to clean up HTML and other funny characters that are submitted, especially if they use a database.

I realized what I was doing wrong in the submissions page: I was putting the code in square brackets as we do in the forum page, that's why bold, italic and underline did not work. Now it works!
So for submission page only these three commands are effective. I tried size and color but they are disabled. It looks that italics work fine, ie they don't throw the text into the next line.
Thanks to both again for the help. :)

Back